Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    Because you're making it sound like they consciously put in those lights knowing they will kill people which is outright false. Why would a company do that.
    You right. I should not see malice where gross incompetence will explain it.

They put that in. It slipped past their testers (i dont believe they have any). It made into a final product. It could cause fatal seizure. And no, having game with lights at night is not excuse.

Some of you are already starting to sound like Kenn and MrAnderson from the Star Citizen thread. Is Stockholm syndrom hitting that hard? How many AAA games have been removed from game stores before? What, you think someone's anecdotal experience of playing okayish on the old consoles is proof of general playability? Or that if PC versions runs the game much better, thus it is not so bad?

Like, seriously, the game is still bugged, still has optimization issues, still runs like shit on old consoles (and crashes too often) and this is without mentioning the actual content/gameplay status (aka the incredibly beautiful, but empty city). What are you trying to prove? The game did not fail overall, no, nor is it in general a bad game, but that is it, there is nothing more unless, again, the fabled NMS makeover comes (highly unlikely).
    So what are you trying to prove, and to whom?

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Some of you are already starting to sound like Kenn and MrAnderson from the Star Citizen thread. Is Stockholm syndrom hitting that hard? How many AAA games have been removed from game stores before? What, you think someone's anecdotal experience of playing okayish on the old consoles is proof of general playability? Or that if PC versions runs the game much better, thus it is not so bad?

Like, seriously, the game is still bugged, still has optimization issues, still runs like shit on old consoles (and crashes too often) and this is without mentioning the actual content/gameplay status (aka the incredibly beautiful, but empty city). What are you trying to prove? The game did not fail overall, no, nor is it in general a bad game, but that is it, there is nothing more unless, again, the fabled NMS makeover comes (highly unlikely).
    The only thing some of us are trying to prove is that universally claiming that the game is "bad" or "unplayable" is factually wrong, especially when the same/regular posters are here repeating the same nonsense non-stop. Clear enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Unplayable can be used in subjective or literal forms. You are choosing to act like only the literal form exists. Dark Souls is pretty damn polished gameplay wise with miniscule issues but it's probably unplayable for your grandma.
    having one of the worst netcode is a small issue? rotfl
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    having one of the worst netcode is a small issue? rotfl
    Nice try but if you want to argue Dark Souls pvp is unplayable to you I'm not going to debate it. So you basically proved my point?

Nice try but if you want to argue Dark Souls pvp is unplayable to you I'm not going to debate it. So you basically proved my point?
    nope, my point is the contrary, ds is a fucking good game even if its netcode is very, very, very bad. far from unplayable xD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crejack View Post
    Thank you.

I do hear ya about disabled community, but I can't even count the number of games with epilepsy warnings these days, not sure why this game is singled out. is there no warning?
    there is a fucking big unskippable warning when you launch the game
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

10+ Year Old Account

There is hardly anyone disputing old consoles having horrible issues on the older consoles. People are claiming that somehow PC is overall bad which is not the case at all, it varies and not everyone is having issues or as someone put it "A lot a lot of a lot alot of people"
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Wrong.

2077 did not have epilepsy warning on boot, it now does. It was patched in. https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/st...-developers%2F

So who is the one with the misinformation? They literally had to patch in a epilepsy warning, this is how incompetent they where.

Also not every game has had epilepsy warnings since the PS3 days because consoles, PC and games themselves all now have accessibility options and modes to stop bright flashing lights.
    it was patched even before the realese xDxDxDxD

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    nope, my point is the contrary, ds is a fucking good game even if its netcode is very, very, very bad. far from unplayable xD
    Wrong, the reason it's a good game has nothing to do with it's online play at all- just a bonus mode for people who care about it. They would be well regarded games even if they where pure SP.

If the main focus of Souls games was it's online play and not it's PVE SP encounter design they would be laughing stock games much like 2077 is.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-02-21 at 05:47 PM.

Wrong, the reason it's a good game has nothing to do with it's online play at all- just a bonus mode for people who care about it. They would be well regarded games even if they where pure SP.

If the main focus of Souls games was it's online play and not it's PVE SP encounter design they would be laughing stock games much like 2077 is.
    you are confusing sekiro with ds xD
    miyazaki expressly developed a game where the summoning, being the coop or the invasion, are central to the experience. you can even check the interview and discover how much he was surprised by all the people doing sp challenge runs

How many AAA games have been removed from game stores before? What, you think someone's anecdotal experience of playing okayish on the old consoles is proof of general playability? Or that if PC versions runs the game much better, thus it is not so bad?
    Well, other games had been removed from sale before due to poor performance. And while it is true poor performance CP2077 warranted stopping sales on specific platforms; if someone's personal experience is not inclusive of that issue it may not have been a factor of their enjoyment.

That is not to say, CP2077 is without issue, clearly, that would be erroneous. Though was possible for many people to play and enjoy the game that did not experience significant or any issues at all on whatever platform they played the game on.

There is aggressive anger of sorts, which is understandable, among some consumers that want to impress their negative experience supersedes any positive experience others may have had with the game. That is ridiculous and untrue.

I am not saying you are claiming this specifically. I am using your post here to springboard the larger issue that an "unplayable" game for some may have been just fine for others and that doesn't in hindsight affect the validity of someone enjoying the game as vocal detractors seem to want.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2021-02-21 at 06:03 PM.

Wrong, the reasonit's a good game has nothing to do with it's online play at all- just a bonus mode for people who care about it. They would be well regarded games even if they where pure SP. .
    Actually you are factually wrong about this.

One of if not the biggest praise that Dark Souls had was how it integrated the online and SP modes together. Being able to see other players as ghosts and all the signs that players put down (helpful or not) was major to the game. Also using the humanity system with its risk/reward trade off.

Then of course its PVP that while IMO is shit many enjoyed and still enjoy to this day. Miyazaki developed the game with the online system to be a major core experience to the overall game.

To say the game being good having nothing to do with its online mode is a outright lie.

Hell one of the biggest negatives Sekrio had was that it didn't have Online like Dark Souls.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2021-02-22 at 01:11 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Actually you are factually wrong about this.
    Sorry I'm not, the online play in every souls game prior to Demon's Souls remake is absolute shit with one of the worst netplay systems known to man. It would be an absolute laughing stock if they where always online only games. The only reason Demon's Souls remake has good netcode is because From Software didn't make it as they clearly have no fucking clue what they're doing in that regard.

Imagine saying Souls games are good because of the lagstab online play lol...

Anyways to keep this on topic I can only imagine how jank the online version of Cyberpunk is going to be judging by the SP one.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-02-22 at 01:30 AM.

Sorry I'm not, the online play in every souls game prior to Demon's Souls remake is absolute shit with one of the worst netplay systems known to man. It would be an absolute laughing stock if they where always online only games. The only reason Demon's Souls remake has good netcode is because From Software didn't make it as they clearly have no fucking clue what they're doing in that regard.

You are only looking at the PVP of the Dark Souls and I agree that the PVP is shit. You are completely ignoring the PVE side of it and the list I gave.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    There is a difference between having bright lights and having the exact seizure inducing composition of light and intensity. You know they put actual, proved seizure causing mix right? Not the type that MAY cause seizure but that which WILL cause seizure. They intentionally put something in the video game that CAN kill the player. How fucked up somebody need to be to defend those assholes.
    I'm an epileptic and didn't have a problem with the game when it got released. That they even patched it to change it shows how less than 1% of the gaming population doesn't even matter. It's not like it was a surprise when it happens either. People whining for the sake of whining because they have sand in their fucking vaginas on a daily basis. People who bitch about something that effects an insignificant portion of people are losers with nothing better to do. How about bitch about better accessibility for people who have serious disabilities? That one idiot journo was the only person who actually had a reaction to the flashing lights and the warning was already in the game so that's on them for not being careful. I know what gives me seizures, and every other epileptic adult should know their triggers as well, usually that is discovered when you get tested. Most epileptics don't even convulse from flashing lights, there's other ways to have them.

- - - Updated - - -

You do realize people with epilepsy can play video games just fine right? They are supposed to play in a well lit room, play at proper distance from display, take breaks and stop at first sign of feeling fatigue or headache. You know the generic warning for video games says all this right? Meanwhile the Cyberpunk EULA says to ask your doctor before playing, or in other words don't play it which is way different from the average game epilepsy warning. They patched the brain dance effect for a reason, how many games have to patch something to prevent seizures? LOL.

They are already getting lawsuits for multiple reasons and when it rains it pours. It's cute for the guy who is like "but it was in the EULA no one reads" is talking about moving goalposts though...
    As an epileptic, do me a favour and shut it. You don't know what we experience and you parroting bullshit by whiners at Polygon and Kotaku just shows how much of an uninformed moron you are about the disease, just like they are. One, ONE person, among a whole slew of people who played the game at release, complained about having an epileptic seizure triggered by the strobing light effects from the Braindance halo. I, for one, did not. Because as an adult, I know what causes me to have seizures, and I take medication to ensure that I don't have them. One idiot reviewer overblowing their experience because they clearly weren't on their meds, out of millions of people, shows just how much you babies tried to make a mountain out of a fucking ant hill.

Now take off, you, nor any of those fully grown babies that try to pass themselves off as games journalists these days don't speak for the disabled and those of us with diseases. And guess what? You are doing nothing more than acting like entitled children having a temper tantrum over inconsequential nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I'm an epileptic and didn't have a problem with the game when it got released. That they even patched it to change it shows how less than 1% of the gaming population doesn't even matter. It's not like it was a surprise when it happens either. People whining for the sake of whining because they have sand in their fucking vaginas on a daily basis. People who bitch about something that effects an insignificant portion of people are losers with nothing better to do. How about bitch about better accessibility for people who have serious disabilities? That one idiot journo was the only person who actually had a reaction to the flashing lights and the warning was already in the game so that's on them for not being careful. I know what gives me seizures, and every other epileptic adult should know their triggers as well, usually that is discovered when you get tested. Most epileptics don't even convulse from flashing lights, there's other ways to have them.

- - - Updated - - -

As an epileptic, do me a favour and shut it. You don't know what we experience and you parroting bullshit by whiners at Polygon and Kotaku just shows how much of an uninformed moron you are about the disease, just like they are. One, ONE person, among a whole slew of people who played the game at release, complained about having an epileptic seizure triggered by the strobing light effects from the Braindance halo. I, for one, did not. Because as an adult, I know what causes me to have seizures, and I take medication to ensure that I don't have them. One idiot reviewer overblowing their experience because they clearly weren't on their meds, out of millions of people, shows just how much you babies tried to make a mountain out of a fucking ant hill.

Now take off, you, nor any of those fully grown babies that try to pass themselves off as games journalists these days don't speak for the disabled and those of us with diseases. And guess what? You are doing nothing more than acting like entitled children having a temper tantrum over inconsequential nonsense.
    Nice victim blaming. Now take your own advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Nice victim blaming. Now take your own advice.
    He has the only known type epilepsy in the world and his experience is that of everyone! His logic is quite amazing you have to admit.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Would love to hear a lawyer argue this to any governments laws over marketing. Any developed country has laws to stop false advertising. You can't just say your product cures cancer if it doesn't cure cancer.
    I would ban all advertising if possible.
    Thank god for ad block and not watching tv. Can skip 90% of them.

Anyways to keep this on topic I can only imagine how jank the online version of Cyberpunk is going to be judging by the SP one.
    yes you are, from software even implemented npc summon and invasion for the unfortunate that couldnt play the intedend way (coop and invasion).
    and you know why? because its a mp game :|
    with a fucking shit netcode.
    so games can be awesome even with fucking big problems in their core part.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Plays "fine" or not on PC - you're still playing a broken game that hasn't been fixed.

Get 60 FPS? Great. If that's the only thing you want to say a game is 'great' or 'without issues' fine for you.

But:
    All but one of your 20 point attributes are still broken. In addition to MULTIPLE random other attributes in all the trees. All still just don't work.
    The math in the game is still broken. The stats the game says you have, the bonuses the gear or weapon supposedly gives you - isn't reliable to what you actually see in game.
    The crafting in still broken - what the screen says you are making, the tooltip and numbers given, isn't what you reliably get when you craft it.
    Variable mods for the slots in clothing/weapons - still don't work. At all.

So you can beat your drum on debating whether the subjective term of 'good' or 'bad' or 'awesome' the game is for you and your experience. None of that is 'fact', its just subjective experience.

But no one can claim to have a bug free experience and there are 'no problems'. It is factually, and objectively, still broken. You can have a 'great' experience playing the game, and that's great for you. But you're still playing with a broken game and parts that outright DO NOT WORK for anyone. So no you're game isn't 'fine'; its still busted. You just still had a fun experience.

(You as in 'any player' not YOU to anyone specific here.)

Im' playing on my PC. It runs. I won't say it runs 'great' because I still get game-halting bugs I have to reload a save game from, I still get randomly dropped through the world at random keystrokes (resulting in another reload), and I still have a car parked in my apartment floating in the air (for over 40 hours of gameplay - a car that doesn't belong to me either so by everything in the game should have despawned by now). Yes, I can still play - so it 'works' - but its still bugged as hell. Am I having 'fun' - yes, when game halting bugs don't frustrate me. But I'd still not rate ANY game higher than a 6/10 when so many BASIC MECHANICS still don't work, at all.

And I'd never try to argue its a 'good' game against anyone else's subjective experience - because that is pointless. Everyone's experience is their own.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.