Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Would Tera be worth to play, if one was just looking for some an game to kill some time with?
    IMO, any F2P game that you are mildly interested in is absolutely worth a download and a try unless you have a low data cap. Beyond that, I'd recommend it for a side-game, it's the prettiest MMO in the West right now (no Blade & Soul yet) and the combat is great.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    AHHHHHHH!!!!

What happened to the rest of the topic?!
    Things (this is a separate topic from the main megathread now)

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Things (this is a separate topic from the main megathread now)
    But... Why?

And doesn't this kind of run counter to the whole ''one thread to rule them all'' rule?

Well... Maybe then they will cancel my sub <O.o> So lame that it isn't an option in the account management.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Would Tera be worth to play, if one was just looking for some an game to kill some time with?
    Give it a try.
    I only played the Open Beta (Jun/12), and enjoyed more than I though I would.
    Didnt/Dont have the money for monthly fees.

10+ Year Old Account
    But... Why?

And doesn't this kind of run counter to the whole ''one thread to rule them all'' rule?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Sometimes things do not belong in a megathread, yes -- they should be allowed to have their own threads. Things interesting only to the people who already play the game generally belong to the large thread. Sometimes we allow separate threads for meaningful and well-defined related topics -- for example, we had a skyrim technical issues thread separate from the main skyrim megathread.

If you have particular examples of threads which should be left open, feel free to PM the mod who closed it / mods of the forum / super mod / myself to request that it be reopened anad give your reasoning.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...adjusted-rules

Okay then. Back to the megathread for me.

I can not wait for this to go free to play, I get an inca-ling every now and then to play this game but to pay £10 for a couple days play seems stupid, CAN'T WAIT!

This is how F2P should be. Eat your heart out SWToR. Will start playing as soon as it's available.

Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    This is how F2P should be. Eat your heart out SWToR. Will start playing as soon as it's available.
    It's F2P to level 28 atm.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone attempting to download this now and getting the 'could not download metafile' error? I see a large thread on their official forums regarding this. Possible fallout from a large number of people downloading it for F2P?
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    Anyone attempting to download this now and getting the 'could not download metafile' error? I see a large thread on their official forums regarding this. Possible fallout from a large number of people downloading it for F2P?
    Just downloaded it earlier. Did not get it.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

I remember reading a thread before asking "Is WoW killing the MMO market". And according to this it is. WoW is the Wal-Mart of MMO's. It has just about monopolized the industry and in doing so has caused it to stagnate. I feel like we'd be in a much better place if in 2009 we had 3 or 4 different MMO's with ~2 million players each.

Anyways, I remember playing this during the beta. Will give it another swing now that it's free.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

But... Why?

Well, its hard for people to learn that its going F2P if its on page 399 of 405 pages.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I remember reading a thread before asking "Is WoW killing the MMO market". And according to this it is. WoW is the Wal-Mart of MMO's. It has just about monopolized the industry and in doing so has caused it to stagnate. I feel like we'd be in a much better place if in 2009 we had 3 or 4 different MMO's with ~2 million players each.
    According to what exactly? What statistical data do you have to support this?

Surely not all of these games using a profitable business model? You would think that if WoW was 'killing the MMO market' that the market would actually die...ie, the games would stop being produced, stop being played, and servers shut down.

Do you know how many mainstream games that has happened to in the last 5 years? 2. FF and City of Heroes. That's it. Man, sure is knocking them dead over there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    Just downloaded it earlier. Did not get it.
    If anyone does happen to run into this issue, the "official" fix is to run ipconfig /flushdns under your CMD prompt. It seemed to have cleared it up for me and several other players.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

10+ Year Old Account
    looks like i may be giving tera online a try was always interested in it. but couldn't justify paying a sub fee for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, This gives me a reason to check out.. The game-play actually looks somewhat interesting. I've heard alot of positive and negative things about the game, but overall I'm looking forward to February now

10+ Year Old Account
    Will definately give it a shot this time, and I hope they hold true to their promise. I also am a huge fan of the jab at SWTOR.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

15+ Year Old Account
    I tryed this game, nice graphics but was bored in 4 days > not good because most mmos can keep me for a month at least.

Even F2P Tera isnt worth my time lol. I bought the game and by the end of the 30day trial I couldnt uninstall it fast enough. I tried to like the game, but the things I hated outweighed the good by a large amount And when I have to try kinda force myself to find the good things, something is wrong :P
    I also feel once games turn F2P, the quality overall drops.