Poll: What should we do about it, if anything?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Swazi Spring View Post
    How many liberals here do you think have listened to Rush Limbaugh's show a few times before judging him? How many of them even listened to his show once?
    I listen to his show more or less every day on my way to the office. Him and Stephanie Miller, who is actually funny.

How many liberals here do you think have listened to Rush Limbaugh's show a few times before judging him? How many of them even listened to his show once?
    I can't believe I even bother doing this, lets see: He's a psychotic overgrown child that cares only about inciting violence, anger and hatred in the ignorant. He lies constantly, with no regard for the people it affects. He is constantly negative, never offers answers to anything and continuously spews false allegations and statements based on nothing but his perpetual greed and psychosis.

Anyone showing his words credence beyond LAUGHTER at how pathetic he is belong to the aforementioned people, that is, the ignorant.

15+ Year Old Account
    For believing in small Government, the right sure has wanted to infringe on people's lives a lot lately. Just so long as they get to keep their guns, the other infringements are a-ok.

I've listened to Rush before, and I cannot have said it better myself:

He's a psychotic overgrown child that cares only about inciting violence, anger and hatred in the ignorant. He lies constantly, with no regard for the people it affects. He is constantly negative, never offers answers to anything and continuously spews false allegations and statements based on nothing but his perpetual greed and psychosis.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2013-01-11 at 01:34 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I value freedom, find the Constitution to be a good governmental structure, and think government is a useful tool for addressing a variety of societal ills.

What does that make me?
    Most likely a liberal Republican.

Liberal because you support big government. Republican because you support the Constitution. You really are in a sticky situation.

Deleted
    he betrayed America by saying that he supports banning semi-automatic rifles
    More pathetic emotional rhetoric. 'Betrayed America', what farcical crap.

I was listening to Rush Limbaugh
    There's your mistake.

Pretty much. The left has been praying for something like this to happen for decades, so they could politicize it and push their agenda.
    That's a really stupid thing to say. I actually feel sorry for you. Your nonsensical hatred must leave you with a poor quality of life. Take up woodworking or something because politics clearly isn't healthy for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    I can't believe I even bother doing this, lets see: He's a psychotic overgrown child that cares only about inciting violence, anger and hatred in the ignorant. He lies constantly, with no regard for the people it affects. He is constantly negative, never offers answers to anything and continuously spews false allegations and statements based on nothing but his perpetual greed and psychosis.

Anyone showing his words credence beyond LAUGHTER at how pathetic he is belong to the aforementioned people, that is, the ignorant.
    I've never heard anyone directly contradict themselves as quickly and as often as he does.

Also this is pretty great.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...it-him/266436/

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post

So basically you've never listened to his show?

Most likely a liberal Republican.

Liberal because you support big government. Republican because you support the Constitution. You really are in a sticky situation.
    Hahahaha. No I'm a liberal and in no way a republican. Republicans don't have a lock on "supporting the Constitution". You might disagree with liberals on what the Constitution means and says, but that doesn't mean you can then declare your opponents borderline enemies of the state.

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 01:35 AM ----------

I listen to his show regularly and fully agree with his synopsis.

ive listened to his show, and shiny's assessment is spot on
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Wow, all of this hate for Rush by people that have most likely never heard his show. The sheepism levels are astounding.
    Whereas being led around by the rhetoric of Limbaugh and the likes is totally wolfism.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Whereas being led around by the rhetoric of Limbaugh and the likes is totally wolfism.
    Apparently liberals think that if you dare hear someone out, you automatically blindly worship them. I am beginning to see the source of their perpetual confusion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Coming from a country with fairly stringent gun control and minimal gun related crimes, I fail to see how limiting gun ownership in a country with a huge amount of gun related crime and violence can be a bad thing.

I can understand wanting to have a weapon to protect your person, and am all for allowing people who pass mental health and psychological personality tests to own handguns or other concealed weaponry, but I find it ludicrous that the common American citizen needs and uzi or an assault rifle to do that.

I can't say that I am too familiar with Limbaugh's show, but I'm about to jump on the youtubes and hear some of his view as I write this. I just can't see how less gun control will result in a safer country for you guys, you're already saturated with illegal weapons as it is, if you don't tighten up control and regulation it's not going to get better it's going to get worse.
    Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.

I've listened to several of his "shows", if you can call them that, and during the few times I've been able to stomach them for a few minutes I've decidedly concluded with the above statement. The man is a raving loon, a laughing stock, he deserves nothing from Americans, as a matter of fact all humans on earth should meet him with nothing but scorn for his awful behavior.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 07:29 PM ----------

I would have voted for him too, right up until he betrayed America by saying that he supports banning semi-automatic rifles.
    oh the melodrama.

yes everythings part of a grand liberal conspiracy. dont change a thing, conservatives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    Glenn Beck........My parents (who are hardcore conservatives), got me (A liberal, but they don't know it.) his book, "Arguing With Idiots" a few years ago, it was the most insane thing I've ever read.

On topic:

I chose the Liberal: If I were you, I'd do something else entirely (please state in reply). option.

Some background, everyone in my family is hardcore conservative, and all vote Republican. I however, for whatever reason have managed to become a person who tends to view the Democrats as the party of my choice (This forum actually contributed quite a bit to that, along with being exposed to the internet without them looking over my shoulder since I now have my computer in my room).

Now, I'm sure we can all agree that each side has their share of extremists, but in the case of Republicans, I think the over zealous amount of religion influencing political motives, ideas, etc is causing the party to lose many people. (Note: I'm not saying that all Republicans are religious zealots, I'm saying that a very vocal part of the party has been making religious ideals appear to be very important to the party and it has started mixing with politics, and has been for awhile now)

For example, if the Republican dropped the religious aspect they would gain the following votes:
    1. Potentially votes from homosexual people, because now the Republican party would be giving them the same rights as the Democrat party, and maybe they prefer the Republican party because of economic reasons.
    2. Swing Voters who agree more with the Republican approach to the economy, but had in the past voted Democrat because of the Republicans being socially conservative.
    3. Minority groups, who didn't like the social conservative aspect to the Republican party.
    4. People who considered voting Republican because of the economy, but didn't like the anti-abortion platform that the current Republican party has.
    I could go on, but if the Republican party were to be socially liberal, and drop those who weren't, it would gain votes, especially among swing voters and moderates.

Some may argue, then the social conservatives won't vote for them if they become socially liberal, put it this way, social conservatism needs to die out, it has no place in this day and age, and so the social conservatives can either not vote, vote for the Republican party because they agree with it's economic ideas, or vote for the Democrat party (Which is very improbable, they most likely would still vote Republican).

Anyways, to reiterate my point, the Republican party needs to drop the social conservatism, religion has no place in politics and it's "ideals" don't need to be enforced on those who don't want it, and its "ideals" of social conservatism are not needed (Or wanted, in the case of many) in this day and age.

-From a Flaming Liberal from Texas.
    Could not possibly agree with you more. The Republican party needs to return to its roots, and focus on personal liberty and self-reliance. It was still in recent history when the religious zealots hijacked the party. I don't think it's too late to kick them out again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently liberals think that if you dare hear someone out, you automatically blindly worship them. I am beginning to see the source of their perpetual confusion.
    No, but to pretend Limbaugh is anything but a shock jock is just silly. He takes ideas that, in moderation, could be a good diea, then blows them out of proportion, adds in some rhetoric, and WALAA, you have a show listened to by millions.

You know even Rush thinks his audience is a bunch of mouth breathers.

He doesn't call you guys Dittoheads as a compliment.

Apparently liberals think that if you dare hear someone out, you automatically blindly worship them.
    If you hear someone out and then basically think what that someone wants you to think despite it's inherent lack of logic of reason, then yes, that's accurate.