Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Lol, that sucks. You should really double or triple check when you are going to bid that much gold. I would probably check at least five times, OCD?

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 02:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Its a common mistake.
    Not really.

Game masters have no ability to refund gold whatsover, they just don't have the button.
    If u get hacked an loose everything it goes to another department.

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicz View Post
    Game masters have no ability to refund gold whatsover, they just don't have the button.
    If u get hacked an loose everything it goes to another department.
    Compromised accounts are a totally different matter. GMs definitely do have the power to restore items and gold for you. See Page 8 of this thread, about a third of the way down for proof

I'm sure if you logged the ticket fast enough you should get your gold back with some advice on being a bit more careful, I've had mounts unlearned, bind on equips "unlearned" etc. They only thing I never got back was when I accidently bought the 315% flying speed.

Good luck and happy spending :P

Just saw the post of the GM reply, as if there was any doubt. GM's are very helpful 99.9% of their time.
    Last edited by The Small Hours; 2013-02-01 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeezus View Post
    In all honesty you should be screwed, however Blizzard may take pity :P
    They tell you in the "pro tips" to always be sure of what you are buying as all sales are FINAL. lol. Sucks man, but it is a 218K gold mistake you will never make again

Deleted
    my advice would be...better get saving

15+ Year Old Account
    They won't give you back your gold, most certainly.

I don't get the conversation in this thread. Someone can intentionally try to stir things up and get people upset by indirectly calling them a fucking moron, but then when someone reacts and calls them a prick or an asshole the person who responded gets an infraction? Wow is all I have to say....That's not even right.

OT: Hopefully Blizzard will refund your gold by understanding that misclicks happen, no ones perfect.

trion refunded me when I spent platinum needlessly on a mount speed I already had. It was resolved in like a day.

Blizzard sucks.

good move on blizz's part to remove gold from the stupid part of the population. you honestly bid over 200k without making sure you had the right item targeted? my oh my.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 04:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    but then when someone reacts and calls them a prick or an asshole the person who responded gets an infraction? Wow is all I have to say....That's not even right.
    mods dont give a shit here, they just infract whoever they don't like.

Is this a necro or what? Last post before today was 16th of januari. I mean the post wasn't yet totally decayed, but it def. had some mold on it and the maggots were feasting.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Is this a necro or what? Last post before today was 16th of januari. I mean the post wasn't yet totally decayed, but it def. had some mold on it and the maggots were feasting.
    Yep it is assuming that people are lecturing the OP on his carelessness without actually reading the thread or paying attention to when it was updated.

Quote Originally Posted by taurenburger View Post
    They won't give you back your gold, most certainly.
    If you'd have read the thread you'd have seen that the OP posted on 12th January that they did indeed refund his gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Ouch! Pity it doesn't work like eBay where it only goes up to just enough to outbid your competitors, up to your limit.
    English Auction <3 for expensive items they should just use a Dutch auction tho.

The UI is pretty shit on this one. Whoever programmed that was on some strong stuff, probably direct import from Compton.

Deleted
    Aww that sucks man

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post19797015

He got his money back... and learned a valuable lesson. Never post in a thread, just open a ticket lol.

Also have big on wrong shit before, thx god it wasnt for a lot. That "feature item" bid on the right side of the window is the cause of this. Anyone with some experience on usability would know that it was a mistake how they designed that window.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    I agree. Since there's nothing else constructive to add to it and the OP already had a response, I'm closing this here.