Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

[TV] ABC Thinking about Star Wars Live-Action Series

Well this is kinda copy-paste from IMDB

"Are you sitting down? Not operating heavy machinery, we hope? Okay: ABC is considering a live action Star Wars TV series that has been shelved for a number of years. Thoughts?"

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni44624818/

That COULD be pretty darn awesome...or bad...you know, one of the two.

15+ Year Old Account
    As long as it is (in my opinion) better than Lego Star Wars I would be fine

Disney does own ABC I believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have mixed feelings on this. The last decade for Star Wars didn't really do it for me...

It might just be me, but 4-6 were pretty much all I needed.

It's rumoured to be set between 3 & 4. I hope they do it, as apparently there is seasons and seasons worth of scripts already to go. Cost has been the biggest issue in the past.

I 'll give them a wee tip. Real sets and models look better and feel better than greenscreen sets and cgi. And the most important thing - they're cheaper too!
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by balir View Post
    It's rumoured to be set between 3 & 4. I hope they do it, as apparently there is seasons and seasons worth of scripts already to go. Cost has been the biggest issue in the past.

I 'll give them a wee tip. Real sets and models look better and feel better than greenscreen sets and cgi. And the most important thing - they're cheaper too!
    No this would be a horrible place to have the TV-show in. I rather have it like the games are, with Luke Skywalker starting an academy or in the past like the MMO.

15+ Year Old Account
    the X-Wing series would be a great place to start imho.

15+ Year Old Account
    As long as it starts somewhere where there are Jedi's aswell as Sith I am okay.

They could do a lot of good things with it and it could be great. In reality, they probably ruin it by not knowing their market.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post
    They could do a lot of good things with it and it could be great. In reality, they probably ruin it by not knowing their market.
    thats why they should do the smart thing and hire someone who DOES know the market. imho they should just follow the book series.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 08:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    As long as it starts somewhere where there are Jedi's aswell as Sith I am okay.
    all 6 movies were about jedi and sith, id rather see something about the regular day to day guys, thus X-Wing (and yes i know Corran is a jedi, but he doesnt rly accept it right away, and it doesnt focus on it).

Deleted
    I don't care as long as it's good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    all 6 movies were about jedi and sith, id rather see something about the regular day to day guys, thus X-Wing (and yes i know Corran is a jedi, but he doesnt rly accept it right away, and it doesnt focus on it).
    I know they all movies had that, but that doesnt make it bad. Also with your comment I could imagine a show about some young person (saying person since doesn't matter if its male or female) that grows into the force, though this kinda has to put the story after movie 6. Since with the Jedi Academy the person wouldn't get to be trained if he/she is to old

Personally I'm sick of Star Wars. The majority of the stuff released in the last decade has been complete garbage. It's become very watered down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I don't care as long as it's good.
    I concur.

Just give Lucas a cookie and tell him to watch from a distance.

Well look at what they were able to do with Game Of Thrones, The Walking Dead (Not ABC shows but the premise is there) ... It's obvious that with the right team of people and a strong original story to adapt from, great things can be made and it can be done with more depth then a 2-3 hour movie ever could achieve.

I hated the prequels to death, but I love Star Wars in general, so at this stage I'm happy to see anything new Star Wars related come out on the off-chance we get something spectacular (I don't buy it if it's rubbish though - AKA Star Wars Kinect). Of course if they do decide to do something Live Action it'll have to be set in the complete opposite Era to the new Disney Movies that are slated to start releasing in the next few years, as I assume they wouldn't want any conflicting story aspects.

These days I take anything Star Wars with a; Dash of Hope, Grain of Excitement but with very low expectations as to how it'll turn out. Then if it's good (Which honestly hasn't happened since KOTOR), I'll be pleasantly surprised and enjoy it and if it's bad, I can just throw it into the growing garbage pile that started with the Prequels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    Well look at what they were able to do with Game Of Thrones, The Walking Dead (Not ABC shows but the premise is there) ... It's obvious that with the right team of people and a strong original story to adapt from, great things can be made and it can be done with more depth then a 2-3 hour movie ever could achieve.

I hated the prequels to death, but I love Star Wars in general, so at this stage I'm happy to see anything new Star Wars related come out on the off-chance we get something spectacular (I don't buy it if it's rubbish though - AKA Star Wars Kinect). Of course if they do decide to do something Live Action it'll have to be set in the complete opposite Era to the new Disney Movies that are slated to start releasing in the next few years, as I assume they wouldn't want any conflicting story aspects.

These days I take anything Star Wars with a; Dash of Hope, Grain of Excitement but with very low expectations as to how it'll turn out. Then if it's good (Which honestly hasn't happened since KOTOR), I'll be pleasantly surprised and enjoy it and if it's bad, I can just throw it into the growing garbage pile that started with the Prequels.
    Game of Thrones is HBO, they turn out quality shows like nobody's business. And AMC has proven over the past couple years to be quite adept at also producing top-notch programming.

ABC is a major network, like CBS, NBC - they produce not so great programming. Some really good, most really not.

Time will tell.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanavi View Post
    Game of Thrones is HBO, they turn out quality shows like nobody's business. And AMC has proven over the past couple years to be quite adept at also producing top-notch programming.

ABC is a major network, like CBS, NBC - they produce not so great programming. Some really good, most really not.

Time will tell.
    speaking of TV series vs movies. i hope WoT is done as a Movie series, i just dont think it would translate well into a tv series.

15+ Year Old Account
    They should do something during the Old Republic era. Let the movies handle Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2, but the TV series could be another story in the Old Republic era.

That or do something like Darth Bane era if you're going closer to traditional Star Wars since Ep 7 till obviously take care of post-original trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanavi View Post

Time will tell.
    Yea I know that HBO and even AMC to an extent generally produce much higher quality shows then the standard networks, but the major networks do get the occasional amazing series. It's more about just getting the right people involved in the project, niche shows on the big networks need to get amazing traction fast and become popular, or they get thrown aside absurdly quickly.

So like I said, If this project actually begins, I'll have my usual little Hope and Excitement, but I will be certainly prepared for it to fall flat on it's face. But I do wish it could work, the world needs some GOOD Star Wars Movies/Shows/Games which have been severely lacking in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by Anshinritsumai View Post
    They should do something during the Old Republic era. Let the movies handle Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2
    They couldn't do KOTOR 1 and 2, it would have to be Mandalorian Wars and THEN lead into KOTOR 1 as the second or final movie, depending on where they started and how they stretched it. But alas, as much as I would squeal like a schoolgirl if they announced that was the story they were doing for the films, based off what's been said in interviews it's probably not going to happen.

However, if they did decide to go Post-Death Star Destruction for the upcoming movies, then a TV series could happily go back to The Old Republic Era and some of the stories in there (Specifically Revan/Mandalorian Wars) would be epic.
    Last edited by Daverid; 2013-01-11 at 03:35 AM.