Best laptop I can get for $1100

Hey guys, I figured this would be a good place to ask for help since many of you guys seem to know a lot about computers. I'm lacking knowledge in this area myself, but I love to game. Right now I'm using a pretty crappy laptop for gaming and I have trouble running high-end games. I've decided it's time to purchase a new one and my budget is $1100. What I'm asking you guys is to sort of pin-point towards the best laptop I can get for this price, as I'm very confused when looking at specs determining what is good and what is not. Help me pls

Edit: The only suggestion I'm not open to is a mac.
    Double Edit: To clarify, I'm open to desktops also. Doesn't need to be a laptop.
    Last edited by Glaukus; 2013-01-11 at 04:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    well, normally you will get a much better desktop for $1100 than you would for a laptop

but assuming you need to spend $400 on a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and windows license, you are back to looking at about the same performance as a good laptop

when it comes to a laptop, are you looking for powerful yet portable, or simply powerful, also, 15" or 17"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glaukus View Post
    Hey guys, I figured this would be a good place to ask for help since many of you guys seem to know a lot about computers. I'm lacking knowledge in this area myself, but I love to game. Right now I'm using a pretty crappy laptop for gaming and I have trouble running high-end games. I've decided it's time to purchase a new one and my budget is $1100. What I'm asking you guys is to sort of pin-point towards the best laptop I can get for this price, as I'm very confused when looking at specs determining what is good and what is not. Help me pls

Edit: The only suggestion I'm not open to is a mac.
    Double Edit: To clarify, I'm open to desktops also. Doesn't need to be a laptop.
    Do you already have a monitor/mouse/keyboard and op system at home?

http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Batta..._Gaming_Laptop can i suggest this perhaps? IM sure someone can find something better but its good.
    Last edited by Chickat; 2013-01-11 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Do you already have a monitor/mouse/keyboard and op system at home?
    Yes. Although it's just a normal mouse and not a gaming one which I may want to get, but thats probably irrelevant.
    Last edited by Glaukus; 2013-01-11 at 05:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Although it's just a normal mouse and not a gaming one which I may want to get, but thats probably irrelevant.
    You should really build your own system, but http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Gamer_Paladin_D827

with a 7970 is slightly over budget but would play anything really. If you cant afford the 7970 get the 7950. It also doesn't have an ssd in it, so if you want that then id just build your own or have someone build one for you.

You could also get an ssd and downgrade to a 7950 but also get a 1tb hd for slightly over budget as well. I dont know too much about this stuff, as im still learning/new to all of this. Id wait for some more suggestions before jumping on anything.

http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Gamer_Mage_D245

Is also an option with a 7950 120gb ssd and reg 1tb hd, or a 7970 and a regular hd have to upgrade the psu though to 650 watts.

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 12:17 AM ----------

http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Batta..._Gaming_Laptop is a decent 15 inch option for only 1000 upgrading the ram to 8gb. Would save you some room for a gaming mouse if you wanted one as well.
    Last edited by Chickat; 2013-01-11 at 06:34 AM.

Those can only run games on low apparently. );

$1,100 put into a desktop will make a powerful monster.

$1,100 put into a laptop will make it a decently powerful computer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those can only run games on low apparently. );
    If you're referring to the systems that were linked, it's probably because you didn't configure them, and they're set to the base spec. Try speccing them out to what was recommended.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    the best choice for gaming is definetly a desktop, if you want possibly a great blend of everything, check out this 17 inch sager notebook for under 1100$. the specs are great and it will play most games on high at 1080p.

http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.p...el_name=NP6370

i have yet to find a laptop that blends that much power and price into a nice model, no wasting money on an i7 for a gaming laptop and puts the money into a real gaming GPU.
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga