Is it just me or does the demonology 4-set seem to procc far less from shadow bolt than touch of chaos?

Speaking of the 4 set, I'm curious if the bug with it consuming Fury if it procs while you're in Meta went live. I haven't been playing.

Deleted
    Alright so i made a thread earlier and was advised to do it here instead since well... This place seem to be the thread for these kinda things.
    Anyways, i'm just going to copypaste it, and hope you guys can help me out with it. It'd be real nice.

"Hey folks, i'm in need of a little help here.

Basically i've just got my hands on UVLS. (Sadly only the LFR version)
    I've been reading a shitton of places that it's not even worth using anymore due to the procrate after 5.4
    However i'm still seeing all the high-end warlocks are using them. (Thsi however is the Normal/HC/HCTF'd ones)

So i was basically wondering what you guys have to say on this subject? Since i'm rather torn.
    It's either UVLS LFR version or Wushoolays Normal going together with Bindings of Immersius.

Other than that, i've been looking for what'd be the proper haste breakpoint.
    Some people say 8.1k should be the aim and then stack mastery, others is talking about 11k and 14k.
    Obviously this is very gear dependant on what you can reach, but is it worth going for the latter ones and lose a bucketton of mastery?

I'll just post my character, incase you guys want to give your opinion on what i should aim for.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...onday/advanced

Hope you guys can help me out, or well.. Share your opinions on this."

New to Demo

Hey guys, I was hoping you could give me a little help. I'm trying to switch/learn demo and I have a few questions I hope you could answer.

1. How should I be using fel flame? Should I just use it instead of shadow bolt?

2. the stat priority is int hit haste mast crit right?

3. I want to be going in and out of meta when ever I get an int/trinket proc and spamming touch of chaos?

4. Should I be using hand of gul'dan on cd or should I be waiting to have 2 charges?

5. I'm not sure when I should be using my soul fire procs? should I being using then in or out meta?

Thanks for any help you guys and gals can give me.

The original post has UVLS has still the top trinket to have. I currently have the 2/2 normal version and although numbers do not lie, I still have doubts that it is outperforming the new ones. Granted, I have no numbers to back up my reasoning besides logic telling me a trinket 23-30 item levels higher should be better.

If for some reason I replace it, do I have to go away from haste mastery and back into crit? Or should I just keep UVLS for the remainder of the tier. In other words would I still perform better with mainly haste and mastery in my gear without UVLS? Concerned due to the convenience of comparability of reforging between affliction and demo.

I've read it and most likely I'm missing something lol just wanted an answer to my questions to make make sure i'm doing the right thing

10+ Year Old Account
    So I have KTT normal version. What trinket should I replace, Hydra Heroic or UVLS?

P.S.: Sometimes UVLS doesn't proc at all although it should be. Dnk why.
    Last edited by Bloodfire; 2013-09-21 at 08:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazda View Post
    Only spells APPLIED by the PLAYER during defensive give him rage. Pets and guardians do not.
    I bet I will get UVLS procs during Def Stance all the time -.-. Do you reckon that even if the DoT is applied during Def stance it will keep generating rage after the boss changes stance? Or as soon as the boss goes into another stance your 100% crit Doom applied during Def stance will stop to generate rage automatically?

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo1444 View Post
    I bet I will get UVLS procs during Def Stance all the time -.-. Do you reckon that even if the DoT is applied during Def stance it will keep generating rage after the boss changes stance? Or as soon as the boss goes into another stance your 100% crit Doom applied during Def stance will stop to generate rage automatically?
    It's the application of the spell that causes the rage gain. DoTs only apply once. DoT ticks don't cause him to gain rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    It's the application of the spell that causes the rage gain. DoTs only apply once. DoT ticks don't cause him to gain rage.
    This includes hellfire/imo and shadowflame. I feel quite silly just using hellfire on one target during his defensive...

Quote Originally Posted by Mazda View Post
    This includes hellfire/imo and shadowflame. I feel quite silly just using hellfire on one target during his defensive...
    I didn't think hellfire would count. That's pretty sweet.

Deleted
    Going to attempt Malkorok for the first time tomorrow so was wonderng about couple of things. How does Lifetap affect us in P1? Does it burns health or Ancient Miasma shield? If it consumes our health maybe the glyph is viable?

Going to attempt Malkorok for the first time tomorrow so was wonderng about couple of things. How does Lifetap affect us in P1? Does it burns health or Ancient Miasma shield? If it consumes our health maybe the glyph is viable?
    Burns our health, but there are periods where you have no shield so you can get topped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I didn't think hellfire would count. That's pretty sweet.
    Soulburn soulswap or regular soulswap from the adds so it's currently a pretty rad fight for affliction.

Use Glyph of Life Tap. I'd go so far as to say its mandatory for heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Speaking of the 4 set, I'm curious if the bug with it consuming Fury if it procs while you're in Meta went live. I haven't been playing.
    It got fixed. Still, I'm not seeing the 4-set as a particularly impressive gain for a last tier setbonus single-target. For a fight with some cheesy cleave-mechanic though, possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by EvreliaGaming View Post
    OP is in Blood Legion, fairly sure he knows how DoTs work.

I know you meant this in a kind way, but it gave me a good 10 minute belly chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmac267 View Post
    Hey guys, I was hoping you could give me a little help. I'm trying to switch/learn demo and I have a few questions I hope you could answer.

1. How should I be using fel flame? Should I just use it instead of shadow bolt?

2. the stat priority is int hit haste mast crit right?

3. I want to be going in and out of meta when ever I get an int/trinket proc and spamming touch of chaos?

4. Should I be using hand of gul'dan on cd or should I be waiting to have 2 charges?

5. I'm not sure when I should be using my soul fire procs? should I being using then in or out meta?

Thanks for any help you guys and gals can give me.
    Hey there - I just merged your thread with the Demonology sticky. This thread is an on-going discussion about the workings of Demonology, and it is in this thread we want these kind of questions. The same goes for other specs and their respective stickies.

Please check the stickies and use the search function next time. :-)
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Derpsmash View Post
    It got fixed. Still, I'm not seeing the 4-set as a particularly impressive gain for a last tier setbonus single-target. For a fight with some cheesy cleave-mechanic though, possibly.
    I dunno. The extra damage is nice, plus the Molten Core procs that we'll get from it work nicely with the 2 set bonus.

Just sucks that it's practically useless once the boss hits execute range.