how are you lot finding demo now , im doing ok dps finding it hard to keep up with others like druids,hunters

Deleted
    is it normal that fel flame hits twice as hard as touch of chaos?

There is no need to use ToC since fel flame hits harder, and it doesnt cost any fury. I can have immolate aura going while spamming fel flame which also generates fury which allows me to have immolate aura for a long time while dpsing with fel flame.
    Last edited by mmoc090a203492; 2013-09-28 at 11:45 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    is it normal that fel flame hits twice as hard as touch of chaos?

There is no need to use ToC since fel flame hits harder, and it doesnt cost any fury. I can have immolate aura going while spamming fel flame which also generates fury which allows me to have immolate aura for a long time while dpsing with fel flame.
    Sorry what? You can't cast fel flame in demo form - it becomes void ray and uses fury.

Can you post a video or something of you doing this?

Deleted
    I dont have void ray yet

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    I dont have void ray yet
    This is like the fourth time you've commented on high end demo playing, yet you yourself said your lock is only lvl 71. If you've played the game for any length of time, you should know leveling and max level are completely different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazda View Post
    This is like the fourth time you've commented on high end demo playing, yet you yourself said your lock is only lvl 71. If you've played the game for any length of time, you should know leveling and max level are completely different.
    Almost all of his posts I've seen are either absurd ignorance or trolls.

Can a more knowledgeable demo lock please take a look at what has been discussed above concerning the yu'lon's bite trinket for council fights? Would love to hear if it's a good alternative to uvls or if it's just useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just as a reminder, if you see a post you think is a problem, report it and move on. Don't go giving more attention to it by arguing or calling out the poster, that only derails the thread. Report it and let the moderators handle it.

Its not that yulon's bite isn't a good trinket for demo, its more than demo is pretty gimp post nerfs regardless of what you use. Yes, were I still playing demo I'd use it and do my best to time my DS/DF dumps during the 20 sec proc unless of course my other trinket were the amp one in which case its clearly the more powerful 20 second proc.

Deleted
    Picked up the Yu'lon's Bite and ran simcraft with it, it resulted in a DPS increase even on single target. So if Simcraft is to be trusted it seems to be worth picking up until you get a better one from SoO.

Demo is very usable on Malkorok HC 25, but its mostly beucase of Shadowflame splash damage on adds.

This against aff, maybe destro better but couldnt test it.

Whats up man. I've got a few questions at the moment any chance I could get your battle tag? So I can ask in game? It's all about destruction spec. My guilds currently 11/14 normals. Trying to maximise dps having a really hard time. Willing to make a donation on twitch for your time. Thanks bro. Pm me please.

It's not wise to trow your tag on the internet like that unless you want to get spammed by gold sellers. Also, you can just ask your questions here on the forums, we're here to answer all of them although it might be wise to ask questions about destruction in the destruction sticky
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-09-30 at 06:18 AM.

Considering the nerfs to demo lately, what spec is best for challenge modes at the moment? Aoe and single target used to be Demo and Aff, has it changed at all?

Can someone suggest a normal Stockpile of Pandaren Spoils setup and/or tactic for me? I'm falling behind the meters a bit since the adds die fairly quickly. For starters, I'm thinking about dropping Supremacy for either Sacrifice or Service.

10+ Year Old Account
    If adds die too fast I suggest not bothering with corruptions/shadowbolts, just go hellfire/immolation aura + Touch of Chaos spam if they are stacked, Chaos Wave if you can get killing blows, HoG otherwise. Not really a fight where demo can particularly shine though.

if simc is putting destro ahead of the other specs sub 560 ilvl, then that should give you the answer you are looking for

edit- didnt quote but this was in the response to the 'best for cmodes' question

Quote Originally Posted by Consata View Post
    Considering the nerfs to demo lately, what spec is best for challenge modes at the moment? Aoe and single target used to be Demo and Aff, has it changed at all?
    I do not think the nerf really change much from CM. With gear scaling down the portion of dmg from IMP and proc rate of UVLS were not as huge of a contributor as they were in higher end gear scaling.

Personally I rolled Demo for the interrupts alone.... for some of those trash pulls, 10s cd AoE interrupt is really handy...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatTM View Post
    Can someone suggest a normal Stockpile of Pandaren Spoils setup and/or tactic for me? I'm falling behind the meters a bit since the adds die fairly quickly. For starters, I'm thinking about dropping Supremacy for either Sacrifice or Service.
    I MS Demo for just about every fight but this one. I just felt fury starved all the time since no targets lived long enough for doom ticks and corruption hits like a wet noodle. Sitting there channeling hellfire to build fury I felt a little dumb, so I went destro.

Yeah. Not a Demo friendly fight. I off spec Affliction, but that's probably worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone posted up a crit built log?

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatTM View Post
    Yeah. Not a Demo friendly fight. I off spec Affliction, but that's probably worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone posted up a crit built log?
    dont know about putting up crit build log, but last night i was able to nearly match my pre uvls nerf output on paragons with a mastery>=crit build. also ita important now to not run with imp swarm glyph

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    dont know about putting up crit build log, but last night i was able to nearly match my pre uvls nerf output on paragons with a mastery>=crit build. also ita important now to not run with imp swarm glyph
    How much haste do you go for with that build? Or do you simply ignore haste entirely?