10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    Yes it is.
    Awesome. Thanks for the clarification

Would be very glad if I could get my second question answered.
    Zinnin you were a bit too fast with answering and missed my edit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramzh View Post
    Also, after a long period of fury burning with DS, both my HoG charges will be up. Should I go right back into Meta for a short while when 2x Shadowflame is on the target at that point?
    So the hard part of this question is that right after DS your corruption is going to be pretty buffed, generally what I do is go into meta and life tap, if you do it quick enough the most you will spend is 6 fury and you won't weaken your corruption. The other option is to soul fire, but I don't think it is better.

So the hard part of this question is that right after DS your corruption is going to be pretty buffed, generally what I do is go into meta and life tap, if you do it quick enough the most you will spend is 6 fury and you won't weaken your corruption. The other option is to soul fire, but I don't think it is better.
    Aight, is it enough to just go in for like 1 global and it will be buffed for the rest of the duration?

Damn that's some fast answers, appreciate it a lot ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Aight, is it enough to just go in for like 1 global and it will be buffed for the rest of the duration?
    Heh your getting lucky that I'm around when you post. But yea, once you see that it is at 2 stacks you can leave meta.

Got it, cus I was always annoyed that I couldn't go back into meta, so it was a bit of a loss/loss scenario cus if I did went in I felt like all I could do was lose that yummy stacked up pandemic corruption .
    What do you mean with this "once you see that it is at 2 stacks you can leave meta."? Will it specifically indicate when it's buffed from meta?

10+ Year Old Account
    Got it, cus I was always annoyed that I couldn't go back into meta, so it was a bit of a loss/loss scenario cus if I did went in I felt like all I could do was lose that yummy stacked up pandemic corruption .
    What do you mean with this "once you see that it is at 2 stacks you can leave meta."? Will it specifically indicate when it's buffed from meta?
    The value of shadowflame is snapshotted when it lands, so the second you see it go to 2 stacks on the target you know that it's going to have any damage that it is going to get. If you go into Meta right after casting your second HoG, cast one GCD, and then leave meta, your shadowflame will be buffed.

Ah yeah, my bad. Forgot that HoG had a travel time. <.<
    I'm good for now, I think... Gotta do more practice on dummys when server's back up. Just gotta nail it all down so I can bring it into raidz, demo certainly is a challenging spec to min-max. tyvm

Warlock Demonology execution phase

Hi guys, I am going to change my main spec to demonology for the 5.2 patch , and I have a question

How is the correct way to dps a boss with less than 20% of life

I know that using soul fire instead of shadow bolt as a filler is part of the rotation in this phase, but if I have enough Demonic Fury to use metamorphosys what would be the rotation in this final part?

a)Using touch of chaos
    b)Using soul fire while demon form (even if it consume more fury than using touch of chaos)

***Sorry for my english, is not my native language

If the boss is gonna dying and you have enough fury... I recommend you to use soulfire in demon form. But, it´s only my opinion...

Suggestion: Take a look Zinnin´s guide in main page! It´s very helpfull!
    Last edited by Aruotnof; 2013-02-27 at 03:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You soulfire in Meta and keep your dots up.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I doubt it's just a multiplier on the area of spells, otherwise it'd be likely Shadowfury would also be effected. With that in mind, I doubt they'd 'accidentally' code in the larger area Carrion Swarm, complete with graphic.
    Agree with Jessicka here. Mannoroth specifically says "damage spells". Shadowfury does no damage.

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 11:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fenixazul View Post
    Hi guys, I am going to change my main spec to demonology for the 5.2 patch , and I have a question

How is the correct way to dps a boss with less than 20% of life

I know that using soul fire instead of shadow bolt as a filler is part of the rotation in this phase, but if I have enough Demonic Fury to use metamorphosys what would be the rotation in this final part?

a)Using touch of chaos
    b)Using soul fire while demon form (even if it consume more fury than using touch of chaos)

***Sorry for my english, is not my native language
    Hey Fenixazul, demo's execute via Decimation starts at 25%
    Last edited by Scathbais; 2013-02-28 at 01:22 PM. Reason: spelling error
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Ok thanks for the answers

Deleted
    In your guide you recommend dumping fury only (Making an assumption you meant 'only' here as the cooldown is so short it I can't think why you wouldn't wait for dark soul) during dark soul with T14 4pc. If you have the 4pc + synapse strings would it be optimal to delay using synapse strings on cooldown and instead wait and use it with dark soul?

The negatives I can think of for using synapse strings and dark soul off cooldown separately is that you would have little to no fury left for dark soul after using it with synapse strings already so it would be a waste of a dark soul. Also, if you waited your stacking more cooldowns but I'm not sure how much of a dps loss it is to delay using synapse strings on cooldown. If anyone has the done the math or knows the answer with proof I'd love to see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Medelwr View Post
    In your guide you recommend dumping fury only (Making an assumption you meant 'only' here as the cooldown is so short it I can't think why you wouldn't wait for dark soul) during dark soul with T14 4pc. If you have the 4pc + synapse strings would it be optimal to delay using synapse strings on cooldown and instead wait and use it with dark soul?

The negatives I can think of for using synapse strings and dark soul off cooldown separately is that you would have little to no fury left for dark soul after using it with synapse strings already so it would be a waste of a dark soul. Also, if you waited your stacking more cooldowns but I'm not sure how much of a dps loss it is to delay using synapse strings on cooldown. If anyone has the done the math or knows the answer with proof I'd love to see it.
    It is worth delaying synapse to always line up with DS, you should also use the bomb belt with DS. And you shouldn't be dumping fury 'only' in DS, however you fury should be prioritized DS > Trinkets > Smaller procs such as Lightweave \ Engi Gloves \ Jade Spirit > No Procs. If you prioritze you fury spent correctly you will spend the majority of your fury in DS with a little spent in trinkets. You will also go into Meta very briefly for shadowflame weaving and corruption refreshes.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I decided to give Demo a try for Heroic Lei Shi and could use some advice. We got Lei Shi down to less than 20% a few times on Sunday and I figured more mobile dps during Get Away might be enough to help get the kill.

Given the rng of this fight (e.g. getting a hide and add phase before get away) I am not sure the best way to use cool downs such as wild imps or whether to use GServ or GSup. I am also thinking of using Glyph of demon training/soul link to help absorb the SF dot damage. I also think Soul Leech is the best tier 1 talent to help offset the scary fog damage.

My assumption is that we want to have enough DF for ToC spamming during Get Away and we want our big cool downs ready for when our scary fog stackers get to 10/20 stacks. By the way, we are using a 3 person SF rotation. We have a DK stacking to 20 (he also grips one of the add to himself during the add phase). Me and another dps are alternating getting 10 stacks of SF.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Given the rng of this fight (e.g. getting a hide and add phase before get away) I am not sure the best way to use cool downs such as wild imps or whether to use GServ or GSup. I am also thinking of using Glyph of demon training/soul link to help absorb the SF dot damage. I also think Soul Leech is the best tier 1 talent to help offset the scary fog damage.
    Soul Leech will give the most healing throughout the fight, but won't give you healing when you need it most. Being able to take 30% more healing during a Get Away! is huge. Same deal with SacPact over Soul Link, soul link will give you a slightly bigger health pool always but SacPact will give you higher effective health when it matters. Healing during a burn phase is never going to be as much of an issue as the specials.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Soul Leech will give the most healing throughout the fight, but won't give you healing when you need it most. Being able to take 30% more healing during a Get Away! is huge. Same deal with SacPact over Soul Link, soul link will give you a slightly bigger health pool always but SacPact will give you higher effective health when it matters. Healing during a burn phase is never going to be as much of an issue as the specials.
    I see your point on Sacrifice vs Soul Link. My though regarding Get Away and Soul Leech is that ToC was based on my attempts Sunday as Destruction, where on Chaos Bolt during Getaway provides up to 1.6mm damage = 160k healing. I will definitely give SacPact a shot as well. Thanks!

Zinnin your amazing, just wondering if your going to update this guide for 5.2 (trinkets/stat weights). and not to be a pest but are you going to do boss specific tips this tier? /love

Quote Originally Posted by ComaCanadian View Post
    Zinnin your amazing, just wondering if your going to update this guide for 5.2 (trinkets/stat weights). and not to be a pest but are you going to do boss specific tips this tier? /love
    Yea Zinnin make this happen and stop being lazy.