Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    I'm kinda bad at APL mods at least in terms of logic. What I was messing with was spending excess DF with ToC unless I was above 8x MC charges if I didn't have a trinket proc or other CD but burning soulfires asap once I had a trinket/darksoul going. I ran AD and always had a darksoul for bindings proc...I also track the ICD of bindings so I have DF pooled. Basically sit on 7-8 charges of MC, spend DF via ToC if no haste buff or trinket procs, then dump big when the procs happen. That is what I have no idea how to code into an APL but seems the correct way to execute demo in a post UVLS world.
    Yeah, I agree with how you play, and it is how I play, but simcraft doesn't understand the concept of time, unless it is time till the boss dies. You can't determine how much is left on an ICD, or how far into the fight you are - both of which are fairly limiting

Played demo for rofl's on 3 fights tonight, I am very rusty at demo and made mistakes on all fights, managed to get a #1 Demo lock Log on Spoils though and rank 30-40 on both Dark shamans + Thok. Am looking forward to re-mastering demonology Post UVLS Definently feel it makes farm alot more fun.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Man, I think I might switch it up to Demo for the lulz on our farm night. Getting a bit bored of Destro, honestly. I'd switch back to Afflic but I just somehow have like no damn haste on my gear.

edit/update

Well. I switched my offspec from Aff to Demo, and my dummy tests (I know, I know -- but I wanted to get the rotation practiced before raiding, even for farm fights)) are atrocious. I don't have enough Fury to make use of my procs, and I just overall feel like maybe I'm missing something. Maybe I'll come back to it when I get 4pc ... urgh, or maybe I'll try it out in raid and hope the raid buffs do more for Demo than for Destro ...
    Last edited by Count Zero; 2013-11-21 at 08:52 PM.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

More 10H Warlocks need to start playing Demo on farm bosses. I'm lonely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazda View Post
    More 10H Warlocks need to start playing Demo on farm bosses. I'm lonely.
    I'll play it again next week on all fights I'm in for. Just needed to test BBoY as Affli after finally getting it last week. It's surprisingly easy to rank high as Demo so I get what you mean. I got top 10 on most fights after not touching the spec since the nerfs with a lot of mistakes made all the time. Need better competiton to tell if I actually know what I'm doing.

I'm thinking about trying Demo for Siegecrafter HC today. We're keeping mines and my damage feels very lackluster on them. It feels like Destro just isn't worth the loss of boss damage while Affli doesn't bring much more than slows to the mines. We're still at the point of figuring a lot of shit out so I guess it can be worth it to give Demo a couple of tries.
    Last edited by Bonkura; 2013-11-22 at 08:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugginz View Post
    Depending on how you open boxes, I'd say for Demo with AD or MF would be OK...

We focus big adds and pull very few other boxes when the big assholes are up, so there isn't really a huge amount of time for pure AOE. That said, on the Mogu side, there will be statues up and if the big mob is in the middle of the room, MF will let you hit alot with Imm aura.

Sniping statues with shadowburn with havoc on the Big add is probably better, but Demo can work, though you're going to do less dmg to sparks...

DPS on this boss will be 100% dependent on how quickly you open boxes.
    Finally downed Spoils 25H last night, went as Demo and damage seemed fine. Shadowflame everywhere meant limitless Soul Fire procs and a lot of Fury to burn which meant I could actually get quite a lot of decent use out of MF/Immolation when we had a lot of things flying around, although overall my Spark damage was really low. Damage overall will certainly improve as we speed things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Finally downed Spoils 25H last night, went as Demo and damage seemed fine. Shadowflame everywhere meant limitless Soul Fire procs and a lot of Fury to burn which meant I could actually get quite a lot of decent use out of MF/Immolation when we had a lot of things flying around, although overall my Spark damage was really low. Damage overall will certainly improve as we speed things up.
    Got #1 demo log on Spoils by just Yolo'ing. Hellfire spam until high fury OR lots of mobs OR trinket procs, double HoG jump into meta use Manaroths fury immo aura and melt things. Only played demo on that fight 2 times and I am farrrr from perfecting demo on that fight.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Got #1 demo log on Spoils by just Yolo'ing. Hellfire spam until high fury OR lots of mobs OR trinket procs, double HoG jump into meta use Manaroths fury immo aura and melt things. Only played demo on that fight 2 times and I am farrrr from perfecting demo on that fight.
    You're opening the boxes fast enough to get enough mobs under your Hellfire. We're not at that point yet, got to Soul Fire spam until enough stuff's around before IA melting

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    How high you rank really depends on how the boxes are opened. Not every guild is opening boxes that quickly.

So I wound up not having time to switch out of Demo before our farm night, and despite feeling like I played like crap I got a few rankings (just normal modes [don't judge me]). So I guess maybe there's only about 150 Demo locks on logged SoO kills ... haha

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    So I wound up not having time to switch out of Demo before our farm night, and despite feeling like I played like crap I got a few rankings (just normal modes [don't judge me]). So I guess maybe there's only about 150 Demo locks on logged SoO kills ... haha
    Yeah, I played like shit at HC farm and got quite many ranks; http://worldoflogs.com/reports/y5w40uesdx7ee6r1/
    Not many Demos out there it seems, shame..

2 Things:

1. Since when did they reduce max Shadowflame stacks to 2? I feel like I'm out of the loop, here. Either that or I've finally snapped.

2. Has anyone noticed that if you ToC in meta, and then go back to caster form before the ToC hits the target, if it was going to proc a CW it actually procs a HoG? I thought that was pretty neat.

Deleted
    Lol mazda, time to go take your meds

Shadowflame has not been reduced at all. Can't go above 2 stacks.

Best thing you can do with the 4 set in caster form is get a proc before you were about to double stack it yourself (and thus allow you to extend the double stack twice as long) or have it proc in between 2 HoGs, in which case you can again get an extended duration on your 2 stack.

Unless I ended up frozen in time it has never been possible to go higher than 2.

IIRC correctly on the ptr it could go to 3 ??

I remember it stacking to 3 on the ptr as well

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Lol mazda, time to go take your meds

Shadowflame has not been reduced at all. Can't go above 2 stacks.

Best thing you can do with the 4 set in caster form is get a proc before you were about to double stack it yourself (and thus allow you to extend the double stack twice as long) or have it proc in between 2 HoGs, in which case you can again get an extended duration on your 2 stack.

Unless I ended up frozen in time it has never been possible to go higher than 2.
    100% positive it stacked to 3 on late PTR. Guess not enough people have played it since that fateful day on September 22nd to actually notice.

What are you guys doing with the 2 piece proc? sending soulfires or using toc? Because it seems like u would overwrite the buff sometimes and waste uptime on it. However idk if thats really a big deal

Quote Originally Posted by Kalshen View Post
    What are you guys doing with the 2 piece proc? sending soulfires or using toc? Because it seems like u would overwrite the buff sometimes and waste uptime on it. However idk if thats really a big deal
    MC procs are too precious these days. I use ToC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazda View Post
    100% positive it stacked to 3 on late PTR. Guess not enough people have played it since that fateful day on September 22nd to actually notice.
    huh then I stand corrected (I didn't play on PTR).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalshen View Post
    I bank some procs to use in Meta DS 5-6 maybe, rest I use on trinkets in caster to fish for procs and manage Fury. Tend not to use SF in meta outside of Dark Soul unless Heroism.