stat priority isn't very clear in the guide, so, lets say i want to dual spec demon/destro, whats the best way to go? (i want to swap bboy and ktt to change specs, and nothing more if possible)

Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post
    stat priority isn't very clear in the guide, so, lets say i want to dual spec demon/destro, whats the best way to go? (i want to swap bboy and ktt to change specs, and nothing more if possible)
    Id say go hit cap>8097 Haste>Mastery>Crit>Haste or if your gear naturally has too much haste on it then obviously go for the shadowflame breakpoint that is under 15k haste instead of 8097 haste.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I ask what makes it not very clear, there is a pretty decent section that talks about the stat priority?

For dual speccing with Destro I would pick a haste point under 10k and then go mastery, you can use the guide to find which haste point would be best for you.

Deleted
    Destro is pretty flexible, so I'd say find out if you prefer haste or crit for Demonology and go that way for both specs.

Personally I can't stand crit build for Demonology, but there are plenty of warlocks who do extremely well with it.

I think it largely comes down to preference, and that's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinnin View Post
    Can I ask what makes it not very clear, there is a pretty decent section that talks about the stat priority?

For dual speccing with Destro I would pick a haste point under 10k and then go mastery, you can use the guide to find which haste point would be best for you.
    guide says it isn't set in stone, i was browsing through some armories and in the top 30 demon warlocks (proraiders) there is at least 4 different breakpoints people are going for, and since everyone has the same gear i wonder why

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    guide says it isn't set in stone, i was browsing through some armories and in the top 30 demon warlocks (proraiders) there is at least 4 different breakpoints people are going for, and since everyone has the same gear i wonder why
    Try each and go with what you're most comfortable with.

14747 is my own preference.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally recommend going to the highest haste point that you can without sacrificing socket bonuses, however you can focus more on Mastery if you choose, the method of picking a haste point if you choose Mastery is the exact same you just pick a lower one.
    Like it says in the guide, it is a personal choice you have to make. The value of Haste and Mastery is so close that it really comes down to personal preference. So if you want to dual spec Destro you'll want to pick a somewhat lower haste point to make the gear a little easier to switch back and forth.

There is a section that will guide you through picking up haste point HERE.

10+ Year Old Account
    But which is best?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    But which is best?

How is Warlock formed ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

How exactly is soul fire's damage worked out?
    Wowhead says causing 822 to 1003 (+ 85.4% of Spell power)

How does it decide the ' 822 to 1003' part?

And I assume it does causing "822 to 1003 (+ 85.4% of Spell power)" and then multiplys that by (1+(Crit chance % / 100).
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    How does it decide the ' 822 to 1003' part?
    Any spell that is has a range like this is just a roll between those numbers.

Soul fire is basically (((912 + 85.4% SP) * Crit hit %) * Crit Chance) * Mastery

Any spell that is has a range like this is just a roll between those numbers.

Soul fire is basically (((912 + 85.4% SP) * Crit hit %) * Crit Chance) * Mastery
    Okay, thanks for clearing that up

Oh one more thing, crit hit %, am i doing *1.1 or *2.1 or *2.2 there?
    Cheers
    Last edited by Chrispotter; 2014-06-23 at 09:14 PM.
    www.method.gg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Okay, thanks for clearing that up
    Just quick example of that filled out my toon would be:

(((912 + 43587.306) * 2.1 ) * 1.2156 ) * 1.3442 or 2.0327 for Meta

Just quick example of that filled out my toon would be:

(((912 + 43587.306) * 2.1 ) * 1.2156 ) * 1.3442 or 2.0327 for Meta
    yeh just worked it out ty ^^.
    www.method.gg

10+ Year Old Account
    So quick breakdown on a random opener for me:
    I assume cutting SBs doesn't affect meta uptime too much with reduced fury costs in the opener?
    Last edited by chaud; 2014-06-24 at 02:00 AM. Reason: test

I prefer to use GoServ/DS before going into meta, waiting until meta to pop DS (after a few seconds of DPS uptime) usually causes my second Expanded Mind to proc before DS comes off CD.

Demonology's Simcraft profile made a jump with recent changes. Not sure what exactly was changed but the priority list is a lot neater.

So Im growing extremely bored with destru and I want to try working demo again. I have geared destru with mastery>>crit>haste (next to none, 3k'ish) and Im wondering if this is viable to roll demo or if i should swap in some mastery/haste peices (553 gear) and go for haste bp's and mastery. Im at 574 ilvl with KTT and PBoI normal 4/4

Hey everyone! I'm trying to level a Demonology warlock, I heard it's best leveling spec. Any tips? What's the rotation? It's level 22 right now, I was playing in Cata but got bored and now I think I'll try once more to level it.(My felguard is missing!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Hey everyone! I'm trying to level a Demonology warlock, I heard it's best leveling spec. Any tips? What's the rotation? It's level 22 right now, I was playing in Cata but got bored and now I think I'll try once more to level it.(My felguard is missing!)
    Try reading the first post of this thread...