Quote Originally Posted by Kink View Post
    Currently Demo is better then affliction on single target(if played correctly, this is a strong point), once affliction starts gearing and gets their legendary meta gem it's going to blow demo out of the water, especially come heroics when gosac starts to scale its way up.
    From my own testing at 503 ilvl I get a 10-15% ish dps increase single target with the lei-shen trinket as Demo (service, with and without EA glyph), while it having no noticable advantage over other trinkets for Aff and Destro (moonwell chalice all over again). Obviously things change after having aquired better gear, but it feels surprising Aff would be able to both catch up and beat Demo in this tier single target, the meta gem would have to be that much absurdly better for Aff (do we know the average proc rate? This new ppm system seems really unreliable)

As reference point:
    From my own testing without the lei-shen trinket the three specs all performed similarly (within a 5% variance) on single target.
    Last edited by Micke; 2013-03-07 at 06:37 PM.

Any lock having probs at Durumu with pet despawning at start(not dead simply going away)

Tried all pet and service and supremacy ones...

Also there is a fucking huge delay on Demonic Leap now or its just me?
    Last edited by Hellfury; 2013-03-07 at 08:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Not experiencing any issues with my demon leap. =/

Quick trinket question (god I hate these bloody trinkets, knowing which ones to get and not to get...)

I currently have:
    Relic of Yu'lon 2/2 484 item level
    Static-Caster's Medallion

Should I be aiming to replace one of them as soon as possible with Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault, or go for other items first? Also, which one of my trinkets should I replace?

Sorry if this question has already been answered somewhere, I did check the front page but it never mentioned the static-caster one, so I don't really know the trinket-priority so to speak. =)

Any lock having probs at Durumu with pet despawning at start(not dead simply going away)

I experienced the same issue on Durumu on a couple of tries on some tries it was fine (This goes for both the pet dieing and a small delay on my demonic leap on the fight) No issues on other fights atm.

Yes happened alot last night on him, very annoying

Found out that summoning the pet further in the plataform fixed it

Deleted
    I have a question, why is haste value so much higher than other stats in 535ilvl? I mean the only thing I can think of is that getting a doom with 100% crit to summon lots of imps so stacking haste to reduce their ICD would be good
    Last edited by mmoc8d6b560909; 2013-03-08 at 12:22 AM.

How to play Demo and managing DF most effectively?

I have been playing Destro for the longest time and have the rotation down almost to muscle memory. Affliction and it's slow death mechanics turn me away from the spec entirely. However, I have been feeling the need to branch out and explore demonology. I have looked at guides on the spec and have attempted to learn the rotation . However, I am still having trouble understanding where to manage my demon form.

It seems to be the most confusing part of the spec. I am not sure how to manage the resource on trash. And by the time I get to a boss I have no clue as to when us demon form. However trash is the hardest as I risk running down my DF. When I finally reach the boss my DF is starting to run out because of raid breaks or long pauses. How do Demo locks manage this? My guild has a skilled warlock. However he is only familiar with Destro and affli.

So any tips on how to manage this? It would be greatly helpful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    I have been playing Destro for the longest time and have the rotation down almost to muscle memory. Affliction and it's slow death mechanics turn me away from the spec entirely. However, I have been feeling the need to branch out and explore demonology. I have looked at guides on the spec and have attempted to learn the rotation . However, I am still having trouble understanding where to manage my demon form.

It seems to be the most confusing part of the spec. I am not sure how to manage the resource on trash. And by the time I get to a boss I have no clue as to when us demon form. However trash is the hardest as I risk running down my DF. When I finally reach the boss my DF is starting to run out because of raid breaks or long pauses. How do Demo locks manage this? My guild has a skilled warlock. However he is only familiar with Destro and affli.

So any tips on how to manage this? It would be greatly helpful.
    You should have started by reading the sticky on this forum that tells you all about Demo, and then if you have further questions used the sticky to post questions (cause that's where people hang out that like to play Demo). Don't worry though, I put your thread there, so if you start by reading the OP of this thread there's probably going to be someone along shortly that can fill you in on the details you might be hazy on.

Quote Originally Posted by Baelroc View Post
    I realize I am behind the curve here, but simple question:

Should I still only be refreshing Corruption with ToC and aiming to never have to hard cast it? I feel like it goes against the idea of "only go into Meta when you are going to fury cap or have procs up"

Thanks for the help!
    Any takers on my noob question? :-P Didn't see it mentioned per se in the guide.

"Fell deeds awake! Now for wrath; now for ruin, and the red dawn!"

Any takers on my noob question? :-P Didn't see it mentioned per se in the guide.
    There's a lot of times when you need to go into meta (For example, to get the meta damage buff on your second stack of Shadowflame).

You should aim to not hard-cast it yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    The idea is to do that, yes. Pop into Meta, ToC 2-3 times, pop out. BUT, you should probably get most of your refreshing done when you are doing mini burns to not cap on fury i.e. while you have a proc up. So it's not an entirely straight answer.

Thanks guys. Guess its going to take a bit a practice on my part to get the feel of it. ;-)

"Fell deeds awake! Now for wrath; now for ruin, and the red dawn!"

Even though crit is/going to be devalued, is there a minimum amount that one should try and have? or just reforge it all.

I thought about stacking MC procs for DS, is this a good idea and would this be a dps increase? Especially with t15 2 set...?

Quote Originally Posted by Tramzh View Post
    I thought about stacking MC procs for DS, is this a good idea and would this be a dps increase? Especially with t15 2 set...?

Its worth trying. Just be sure to ToC a few times to get a max duration DS buffed Corruption.

Has anyone made or does anyone know if there is an official BiS gear guide for Throne normal/heroic yet?

Quote Originally Posted by kaokeno View Post
    Has anyone made or does anyone know if there is an official BiS gear guide for Throne normal/heroic yet?
    Thunderforging pretty much makes BiS gear lists obsolete (they pretty much were already, but yeah...)

Can anyone recommend a Demo Opener without the Imp Swarm Glyph? I don't like focus starved for a minute in a half into a fight.

Deleted
    Throw a shadow bolt instead of casting imps between hogs. Or use hog->corr,coe, goserv-> hog-> meta

On a different topic:
    My guild is currently strugling with horridon on 10man. I decided to stay demo for this fights, although with me being not as used to the spec as to affliction, i have couple of questions:
    1) would you recommend mannoroths fury over kjc for this fight? And does it work with carrion swarm? Especially the interrupt effect for gate2.
    2) does felguards stun or shadowfury work at all in this encounter? And if so then on witch adds would you recommend using those?