Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Dude ok, forget the felregen, you are stubborn

... Ok. All I'm doing is giving you the fact that were determined by a discussion that was had just before 5.2 came out about this exact subject. No need to get snippy.

should i use GoSac for horridon? or do i need to have a pet out? if so, is it better to have the imp out because all of the target switching or do i go with the fel guard? or is better to use supremacy?

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando58 View Post
    should i use GoSac for horridon? or do i need to have a pet out? if so, is it better to have the imp out because all of the target switching or do i go with the fel guard? or is better to use supremacy?
    I did a #6 parse on that fight last week without using Mannoroth's fury and just sitting my pet on the boss the entire time in defensive stance so it didn't follow me to the adds; obviously a bit cheesy, but if you care about numbers it's probably the best choice (Grim of service btw).
    Last edited by Kink; 2013-04-16 at 07:00 PM.

Deleted
    in the event of the last section of LFR opening up tomorrow (today) . How worth while is it going to be to get the LFR lei shen trinket? i mean the int loss from normal isn't going to be too bad..i can deal with that, but the proc rate is slightly lower right? should i use it perhaps in conjunction with EA glyph or is the uptime going to be okay still.

Sad to say that i may use coins to get the LFR version...or atleast 2 coin attempts (bad luck in main raids every week) , just need to know if its a worth while investment!

Deleted
    well according to the list of trinket values on the front page, it is worth going after.

Deleted
    this is true, however i know it was just a preliminary list. If the list holds its value still (i suspect this trinket does at least) then super. Wish me luck .
    Last edited by mmoc9151a9650a; 2013-04-17 at 12:55 AM.

Demo and the legendary meta, the question is: Glyph of imp swarm worth it or not? My guess is that without the glyph the imp swarm scales dynamically with the tempus repit proccs reducing the cooldown everytime it proccs while using it with glyph, the cd is only affected by haste if i use imp swarm while under tempus repit. Am i right?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Along those same lines, with the legendary meta, if you are using the Glyph of Imp Swarm should you delay popping imps to line up with a Tempus Repit proc? I'm not sure how much it reduces the CD but it seems like it would be worth it to delay in order to have a shorter CD?

Quote Originally Posted by Prisefighter View Post
    Along those same lines, with the legendary meta, if you are using the Glyph of Imp Swarm should you delay popping imps to line up with a Tempus Repit proc? I'm not sure how much it reduces the CD but it seems like it would be worth it to delay in order to have a shorter CD?
    Well, it'd be a dps loss if you end up waiting so long for a proc that the amount of time you had to wait was greater than the amount of time the proc reduces the cd by.

I'm guessing it's not worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Well, it'd be a dps loss if you end up waiting so long for a proc that the amount of time you had to wait was greater than the amount of time the proc reduces the cd by.

I'm guessing it's not worth it.
    Right. So say with the proc the CD is reduced by 30 secs (I have no idea of the actual numbers tbh), it would be worth it to delay Imps as long as you are not waiting for more than 29 secs?

Quote Originally Posted by Prisefighter View Post
    Right. So say with the proc the CD is reduced by 30 secs (I have no idea of the actual numbers tbh), it would be worth it to delay Imps as long as you are not waiting for more than 29 secs?
    Yes.

The problem is that there's no real way to know whether or not you will get a proc in the next 30 seconds. Hence why I'm guessing that it's not really worth it to do.

You might get 10-20 seconds off of your CD if you're lucky, or equally possible is that you lose a lot more time by delaying it.

Deleted
    Yes.

The problem is that there's no real way to know whether or not you will get a proc in the next 30 seconds. Hence why I'm guessing that it's not really worth it to do.

You might get 10-20 seconds off of your CD if you're lucky, or equally possible is that you lose a lot more time by delaying it.
    I know this has been discussed already but I'm being lazy and my quick search proved fruitless.

Anyway, in light of the decision not to wait on a haste proc on imps, how long will you wait to line it up with dark soul? Generally if it's within 20 seconds or so I'll hold onto it, but any longer and i'll just summon the imps as they come off CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    I know this has been discussed already but I'm being lazy and my quick search proved fruitless.

Anyway, in light of the decision not to wait on a haste proc on imps, how long will you wait to line it up with dark soul? Generally if it's within 20 seconds or so I'll hold onto it, but any longer and i'll just summon the imps as they come off CD.
    I don't postpone it for DS. Then again the only fight I'm currently demo for is Council, so for more in-depth discussion about demo mechanics it's probably best to discuss with someone else.

That's not to say I don't understand Demo, but I also haven't done nearly as much theorycrafting of Demo than I have with Destro.

I also wouldn't say that there's been a decision on not to wait for a haste proc for imps. I'm just stating my opinion that it's probably not worth it. I haven't done any math or theorycrafting on that though. It's purely a thought-experiment for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also wouldn't say that there's been a decision on not to wait for a haste proc for imps. I'm just stating my opinion that it's probably not worth it. I haven't done any math or theorycrafting on that though. It's purely a thought-experiment for me.
    Some sims I ran awhile back had it as a dps increase using it on Meta procs, however those sims weren't running high haste. I think with the high haste people are running where you can get a Demonic calling + Imp Swarm for every DS that might be better.

About losing time by waiting for procs, with Imp Swarm the passive(with the glyph in) generates just as many Imps as using the cooldown. So if the gain is big enough (30% haste is a lot) it generally means you are probably gaining ~one Imp every time you press Imp Swarm during a meta proc.

Sorry for keeping up with the questions in this thread too much, I went back to work recently and just don't have shit for free time. I'll have free time this weekend and will look into it more thoroughly and update the front post accordingly because it is something that people will be curious about.
    Last edited by Zinnin; 2013-04-17 at 09:11 PM.

I'm curious about something, and I'm sure a few people here could test it. Running 8097 haste, how short is the Imp Swarm CD if you use it with the Meta Proc, Blood Lust, and Berserking?

10+ Year Old Account
    Volatile is BS.
    Total BS.
    Wush is considered to be best trinket, even LFR version, but only if you manage to put Doom right up on 10 stacks I guess.

Deleted
    I recently ran a few sims for my character. Simcraft suggests using Soul Fire: Meta during DS. For me it's 143k SF: Meta dpet vs. 88k ToC dpet. So far so good. The question is, do i have to pool Molten Core proccs for DS? Any experiences?
    Last edited by mmocff0de3da04; 2013-04-18 at 09:41 AM.

Deleted
    How does my gear look for demo specc? And what stat priority should I follow? (Really new to being a warlock so I'm kinda confused with the priorities, please help :|)

my character
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ricia/advanced
    Last edited by mmoc2a7830ed1a; 2013-04-18 at 09:54 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenia View Post
    How does my gear look for demo specc? And what stat priority should I follow? (Really new to being a warlock so I'm kinda confused with the priorities, please help :|)
    Personally i'm going with 8097 haste and after that mastery>crit. But that is may be not the way to go for you because you do not have the Lei Shen trinket. That trinket is pretty much mandatory for demo, so try to get that.

As always: sim your character with simcraft 520-7 to get the best results.

Deleted
    What stats should I go for when I have the legendary meta gem?