Any changes you would make to my setup? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Darketh/simple

I'm trying to stack haste and mastery.

I'd consider both Dark Bargain and Sacrificial Pact better than Soul Link. Dark Bargain mainly for things like solo soaking Static Shock. GoServ is better than GoSup for AoE fights, so consider that. You're also below hit cap (Not by a lot, but it matters). Other than that it really comes down to simming yourself and seeing where you should take your gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    I'd consider both Dark Bargain and Sacrificial Pact better than Soul Link.
    Depends on the fight. Soul Link is absolutely incredible (if not essential) for Dark Animus heroic and a few others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question about socketing:
    I've been watching armories of different people, and I noticed that most of demonology locks go pure haste gemming.
    Above the 8097 cap.
    Why? Or because the value of Int falls down as you gear up?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    Question about socketing:
    I've been watching armories of different people, and I noticed that most of demonology locks go pure haste gemming.
    Above the 8097 cap.
    Why? Or because the value of Int falls down as you gear up?
    Int never falls down, its haste that gets more valuable as you get more int, 2 ppm trinkets and meta gem

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    Depends on the fight. Soul Link is absolutely incredible (if not essential) for Dark Animus heroic and a few others.
    I've been curious about when Soul Link would be good but I'm always scared I'll die from it. Can you give me a quick rundown of which fights and why it so good?

10+ Year Old Account
    I ran the sims for Imp Swarm. If you are geared to 8097 haste it is best to just couple Imp Swarm with DS, if not its best to use it on 30% haste proc. On the pull (as long as its been a few minutes since the last pull) it is good to wait on Imp Swarm till your first proc.

These rPPM trinkets are making my pull macro a thing of the past. WTB being able to be lazy again.

I also updated the AoE section of the guide a bit, let me know if it isn't clear enough.

Quote Originally Posted by sickestnerdchills View Post
    I've been curious about when Soul Link would be good but I'm always scared I'll die from it. Can you give me a quick rundown of which fights and why it so good?
    Well, it's like having an extra 200k hp on every fight. Pets dont really take damage from attacks like interrupting Jolt, which means when its hitting everyone else in the raid for 500k it's only hitting you for like 300k. Same for matter swap, which is why Warlocks are essential for Matter Swap soaking. We're probably the only class that can survive a full undispelled matter swap and an interrupting jolt at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    I also updated the AoE section of the guide a bit, let me know if it isn't clear enough.
    So, basically, burst aoe situations you'd want to use Harvest life but for sustained AoE fights use hellfire? I think a good example would be ji-kun nests where I don't even have time to corruption the hatchlings so harvest life according to what you've been testing would come up top. I tested this on a dummy at least the other day when you mentioned it, I didn't corruption on 4 dummy targets and maintained the aoe rotation then switched to using harvest life and the numbers overall were greater.

Quote Originally Posted by sickestnerdchills View Post
    Any fight where a significant portion of your dmg taken is from AOE.

I use it on DA, IQ, and TC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Int never falls down, its haste that gets more valuable as you get more int, 2 ppm trinkets and meta gem
    And if I socket for Int instead it'll be worse for me I presume?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kink View Post
    So, basically, burst aoe situations you'd want to use Harvest life but for sustained AoE fights use hellfire? I think a good example would be ji-kun nests where I don't even have time to corruption the hatchlings so harvest life according to what you've been testing would come up top. I tested this on a dummy at least the other day when you mentioned it, I didn't corruption on 4 dummy targets and maintained the aoe rotation then switched to using harvest life and the numbers overall were greater.
    You don't replace hellfire with Harvest life, you replace Void ray with harvest life.

And if I socket for Int instead it'll be worse for me I presume?
    It depends, just simcraft then do your

Mastery stat weigh*320 or Haste stat weigh*320
    if any of them > Int*160 then gem that.

I took the liberty of simulating your char from signature and your stat weighs are as follow

Scale Factors for Луиссуарес Damage Per Second
    Int SP Hit Crit Haste Mastery
    4.72 0.00 0.00 2.53 2.85 2.10

int*160=755,2
    haste*320=912
    mastery*320=672

As you can see there is a clear gain of gemming haste and you do have 2 ppm trinkets and legendary metagem

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    It depends, just simcraft then do your

Mastery stat weigh*320 or Haste stat weigh*320
    if any of them > Int*160 then gem that.

I took the liberty of simulating your char from signature and your stat weighs are as follow

Scale Factors for Луиссуарес Damage Per Second
    Int SP Hit Crit Haste Mastery
    4.72 0.00 0.00 2.53 2.85 2.10

int*160=755,2
    haste*320=912
    mastery*320=672

As you can see there is a clear gain of gemming haste and you do have 2 ppm trinkets and legendary metagem
    Hmm...
    But that means that offspec is obsolete hence destruction doesn't benefit much from haste.
    Or I'm totally missing something...
    This simming is a total headache for me.
    Last edited by Bloodfire; 2013-04-22 at 11:57 AM.

Im currently waiting for 1 more piece of gear with haste on it to drop so that I can go for the 13737 haste point which allows me to play demo/afflic as my 2 specs, (obviously to get this I need to gem almost ALL 320 haste gems, and going for socket bonuses where its worth it).
    Atm I am playing with 6000 haste + full mastery AFTER gemming for as much Int as possible. And playing destro/demo set up.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm...
    But that means that offspec is obsolete hence destruction doesn't benefit much from haste.
    Or I'm totally missing something...
    This simming is a total headache for me.
    If you're using Serv/Sup then Haste is great for Destro.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    If you're using Serv/Sup then Haste is great for Destro.
    Well.. its not useless past 6k haste but its definently not "great" Crit is better for single target and mastery better for multi target.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Well.. its not useless past 6k haste but its definently not "great" Crit is better for single target and mastery better for multi target.
    What happens at 6k haste for destros ? I mean is it a breakpoint of some sort or is it about the incinerate meeting the gcd during bloodlust and stuff ?

Quote Originally Posted by dimstog View Post
    What happens at 6k haste for destros ? I mean is it a breakpoint of some sort or is it about the incinerate meeting the gcd during bloodlust and stuff ?
    Around 6k is where sims start to show other stats are a dps increase, also with beserking, bloodlust and Valor trinket, any higher makes GCD capping a frequent occurance. Im sure there is some math that shows 7~~ or 5~~~ is the best point to go, but as a general rule when I play destro I go 6k haste then mastery.
    www.method.gg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Around 6k is where sims start to show other stats are a dps increase, also with beserking, bloodlust and Valor trinket, any higher makes GCD capping a frequent occurance. Im sure there is some math that shows 7~~ or 5~~~ is the best point to go, but as a general rule when I play destro I go 6k haste then mastery.
    Ah, I see. thx for the prompt reply !