Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    Tbh, I think I've seen it stack to 4 in the same fashion. Not too certain though.
    So here's how I optimistically envision the 4pc working out...

HoG > SB > SB > HoG > Meta > ToC Spam > OMG FREE HoG and x3 Shadowflame > OMG FREE HoG and x4 Shadowflame > etc...

Me likey.

Honestly, I could see us only using one HoG at a time (while holding on to the second for bad RNG) and fishing for 4set procs with ToC. Could indefintely stack shadowflame with good RNG.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

Quote Originally Posted by Xyronic View Post
    Honestly, I could see us only using one HoG at a time (while holding on to the second for bad RNG) and fishing for 4set procs with ToC. Could indefintely stack shadowflame with good RNG.
    Yeah I'm sure if we sat down and thought about it, the most optimal way to use it would include holding it at some point.

It is very likely there will be a change to the tier bonus, either in the form of a maximum cap for SF stacks, or a reduced chance to proc. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about these bonuses yet, too much will be changing over the next months.

Quote Originally Posted by Delvaz View Post
    I read the original post. I have a few questions for clarification as I am relatively new to Demo:

a) I find my Hand of Guldan capping at 2 when I am in meta form and don't want to cast chaos wave since it costs so much fury. Is it a significant dps loss to leave it capped for 10-20 seconds until I burn more fury in meta.

b) On fights like Horridon with 6-8 small adds sometimes up at once, the time it takes me to get corruptions on them all seems very long. Also, when they spawn I may be high on fury, at that point would it be better to just go meta and doom as many as I can then void ray? Or what is the proper thought process there.

c) In the guide's AOE rotation section for the hellfire table. Does the number of seconds represent how long the adds need to be alive to make corruption worth tab targeting all the adds to generate more DPS than just casting hellfire and bypassing corruption altogether?

d) It seems virtually no one uses harvest life even though it has decent damage and fury generation (especially stacked with immolation aura). Given 5 or more adds, is it not a dps gain to meta->hellfire->drain life over tab targeting corruption on the 5 mobs?

e) Original post has cha-yes as a dps gain over breath. Does this still hold true with UVLS which already allows us to crit cap our dooms?
    I bump this since I am in the process to learning demo (in practice this time) as I gain ilvls and I want to see the answers
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    I bump this since I am in the process to learning demo (in practice this time) as I gain ilvls and I want to see the answers
    a) It kinda depends on what you're doing while in Meta, your fury generation, number of targets etc. DPET from Soul Fire: Meta is way higher than Hog, ToC is not. So if you have a lot of MC proccs and sh*tloads of fury, feel free to burn it and delay your HoG a couple of seconds (only single target that is) while you use your trinket procc or whatever. If you're spamming ToC, just don't let your HoG be capped. It also depends on your Meta CD and wether you're able to switch right back to Meta after HoG and stay in Meta until it comes off CD or not. So, there is not the one perfect solution for every situation.

b) Totally depends on your overall Raid DPS. If the adds do not die too fast, Corruption is definitily worth it due to it's fury generation. You will see yourself fury starved pretty often if you don't use Corr. Same for Doom, if Doom ticks at least once on your target, it's worth ist (more Imps=more fury=more Immo Aura + CS + VR).

c) Yes.

d) As stated before, it will burn your fury extremly fast while in Meta. Hellfire is more DPS than HL out of Meta. So, if you have adds to AoE which will die pretty fast and after that you can pool fury again before new adds spawn, it's worth to give it a try. Also worth trying when you have to kill adds which you're unable to reach with Immo Aura/Hellfire for whatever reason. Keep in mind, that you'll lose Soul Leech which is actually way to strong to not have it talented.

e) Both are viable and the difference in DPS is marginal. Personally i like Cha'yes because the 10 second window to burn fury is almost perfect. With breath you'll probably see yourself having not enough fury for the whole 20 seconds duration. Breath on the other hand will provide you with an almost perfect buff window for maximum burst after the pull. If you want to play with a maximum haste build, breath becomes somewhat mandatory. All in all, the choice is yours.

Definitely can go to 3 stacks.

played on the ptr with the T16 set bonuses this morning. The Shadowflame dot stacks up to 3, does not go over that amount. Procs just refresh the stack to full duration but still only stacks to 3. It's really good though as I saw it proc frequently with both shadowbolts and ToC. For the 2pc, I tried weaving in soulfires to get the proc in Meta and just found myself fury starving. It's great if you are in caster form spamming soulfires and when you get a proc, jump into meta for the buff then drop out when it fades if you are low on fury or lacking int procs. The 10 sec buff is perfect for jumping in and out and not having to worry about Meta being on CD.

I'm pretty sure there isn't a cd on the 2pc or 4pc as well, I saw the 20% buff refresh 1 or 2x with back to back soulfires and I also saw ToC proc several free HoG back to back.

Concerning the KJC change, the on use effect seems to be on the GCD. So you either finish your cast or interrupt it to use KJC. Mainly tested this since my offspec is aff and wanted to see how it worked. Demo wont feel this nerf much since we shoot for 60%+ Meta form. I'll post anything esle relevant I find on the ptr for demo.

EDIT: forgot to mention that the snare from shadowflame at 3 stacks is 90% for you pvpers. Well I guess there is some use for it in pve too.

Deleted
    Figured it out, nevermind.
    Last edited by mmocb716454164; 2013-06-13 at 03:58 PM.

Deleted
    Hey guys, I coined Wushoolay's (hc) today and I am currently wearing UVLS (nhc) and Cha-Yes (nhc). I play Demo and Affliction. Would you recommend switching Cha-Yes and Wushoolay's?

Just to digress from the current PTR discussions, I feel I have to share this moment of stars aligning during one of our Lei Shen 25H progress attempts. The amazing things that can happen when UVLS procs at the right time.

Again, for the people asking if Shadowflame can go to 4 or above 3 at all, it currently does not. I tested this extensively on the Amber Shaper trash, and there's a ton of PTR confirmation that it only goes to 3. Stop asking please.

Also, there's no way the 4 set doesn't get changed to RPPM or get an ICD. Its way way way too strong right now.

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 12:05 AM ----------

Hm, the 2 set... It miiiight be worth changing pre-casts to Soul Fire for the 20% shot at getting the proc on the pull. Probably not though.
    Last edited by Teye; 2013-06-14 at 12:54 AM.

Deleted
    Hi Guys,

Quick question. When is it best to witch to Sac? Is it more a situational thing or is it only viable once you have the meta?

Some people advocate GoSac at very high ilvls; I've yet to see some comprehensive data/reasoning on what ilvl exactly that is supposed to be, and why.

Personally, I only go GoSac on Council, as that's the only fight where you actually want damage on multiple, long-living targets.

Unless the encounter dumps on pets (ji kun, primordius) I really think service (when played optimally) is going to be a match for sac even at "bis". As bio pointed out you need multiple high longevity targets which really only exists in the council fight in ToT. Considering 5.4 may likely "break" the UVLS:demo synergy it might not be a bad idea to theorycraft a bit on what our best options without UVLS. The fact that is presently blasphemy is why its so likely to change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a few questions for the long-played demo locks on here, but first some information about my toon (it's an alt, so my ilvl is a bit low since I'm playing a shadow priest as my main). I'm a 515 Undead Demo Lock with 8,101 haste, 3,059 crit, and 6122 mastery. Wushoolay's and Shado-Pan are my two trinkets (Horrible luck getting ANY version of the UVLS), and I have a 530 Dinomancer Staff. On with the questions...

1. I'm currently reforging to the 8,097 haste breakpoint and then putting the rest into mastery. I'm also gemming for mastery since I switch to Affliction every now and then. Should I be reforging to crit instead of mastery since I don't have UVLS yet? I'm worried if I do that that my mastery will drop to a horribly low level.
    2. Should I still be using 160 int gems in my red sockets, or the 80 int and 160 haste/mastery/crit gems instead? Should I be using 80 int + 160 in yellow or 320 gems?
    3. I see some locks (most actually) using Everlasting Affliction as a Glyph. Is there any certain ilvl I should be using this Glyph, or should I start using it now?

This is my first time ever giving demo a chance, so sorry if I'm asking stupid questions, but I'm really enjoying demo and I'm trying to make sure I play it properly. Thanks in advance guys

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lydude View Post
    3. I see some locks (most actually) using Everlasting Affliction as a Glyph. Is there any certain ilvl I should be using this Glyph, or should I start using it now?
    Once you get UVOLS - it's entirely RNG protection for that trinket, so you can more easily guarantee 100% uptime on that 100% crit doom, before that it's a dps loss to use, since 100% crit transitions doom from being an ability you use primarily to deal damage, to an ability used almost purely for imp spawns.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Once you get UVOLS - it's entirely RNG protection for that trinket, so you can more easily guarantee 100% uptime on that 100% crit doom, before that it's a dps loss to use, since 100% crit transitions doom from being an ability you use primarily to deal damage, to an ability used almost purely for imp spawns.
    It's not just for rng protection - It's to keep that super doom you get at the start of the fight for even longer - chances are your haste won't be that high again with a crit proc for the rest of the fight.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

I think it is primary for RNG protection.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

those of you who were running high haste but now have dropped to around 9k haste> rest mastery, how do you like it? (speaking to those with EA glyph, uvls, sac)