High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Currently, i have 500 valor to upgrade, but I'm stuck between my two trinkets. I have a 502 (LFR non-upgraded) Breath, and a 522 Cha-Ye's (normal non-upgraded). I may be a bit too optimistic because this difficulty of choice is based on the hope that I am getting UVLS tomorrow night off of Lei Shen; Breath's haste will up the RPPM better for the UVLS, but could upgrading Cha-Ye's still pull ahead?

Right now I'm sitting at a low haste amount, due to poor itemization. The final question is: should I upgrade Breath or Cha-Ye's, or does it depend on whether or not I get UVLS tomorrow night?

Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Excerpt/simple

Deleted
    I will be playing Aff/Demo (Offspec when needed) in SoO, and were wondering how good the set bonus is for us? (For Aff it seems weak).

Also, because I will be playing Aff I won't be regemming for farm fights (Were I play Demo), and thus my crit will be insanely low.
    In these cases, would reforging to crit be the best idea, as I will have insanely low crit on my Aff set? (It seems like balancing haste mastery and crit is the way to go for Demo)

Hey guys,
    I was destro for the entire patch and i recently got the UVLS lfr and i wanted to test it out. MY warlock is 520 item level and it seems most of the demo guides suggest that i should be going for 8094 haste cap> mastrey> crit

But i am not able to reach that amount of haste without sacrificing some intellect gem, can someone give some advice for reforging.

My armory:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ale/ace/simple

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kidace View Post
    Hey guys,
    I was destro for the entire patch and i recently got the UVLS lfr and i wanted to test it out. MY warlock is 520 item level and it seems most of the demo guides suggest that i should be going for 8094 haste cap> mastrey> crit

But i am not able to reach that amount of haste without sacrificing some intellect gem, can someone give some advice for reforging.

My armory:

at that ilvl, id stick with destro until i reach atleast ilvl 525.

Deleted
    Hey guys,

My armory:

there's a gemming guide in the first post of this thread you should really take a look at. quick, before someone notices your hit + stamina gem!

Omg lol, It is wierd that i have that gem on, i pre bought all my gems.
    I have a stack of 160 int ones, the int and haste ones, int and mastery, and 320 haste ones

Deleted
    Omg lol, It is wierd that i have that gem on, i pre bought all my gems.
    I have a stack of 160 int ones, the int and haste ones, int and mastery, and 320 haste ones
    you should stop gemming pure Intellect, you've got a weird mix of pure and secondary gems. go yellow gems in yellow slots, orange gems in red slots and green (haste+hit or mastery+hit) in blue slots. don't worry about sacrificing intellect, I don't think I've used a red intellect gem since 5.1

these gems were for my destro spec, after simulating my char the outcome was that intellect was 2x the other stats. So i decide to gem pure intellect.

thank you for the advice.

Deleted
    these gems were for my destro spec, after simulating my char the outcome was that intellect was 2x the other stats. So i decide to gem pure intellect.

thank you for the advice.
    well I ran a quick sim for you and got the following

Int - 5.33
    Haste - 3.09
    Mastery - 2.97

so a 160 int gem is worth 852.8, where a 320 Haste gem is worth 927 and Mastery worth 950.4, so you you want to go pure secondary stats as soon as possible. not only are haste gems superior to intellect, you'll also benefit from hitting the haste plateau too.

Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    well I ran a quick sim for you and got the following

Int - 5.33
    Haste - 3.09
    Mastery - 2.97

so a 160 int gem is worth 852.8, where a 320 Haste gem is worth 927 and Mastery worth 950.4, so you you want to go pure secondary stats as soon as possible. not only are haste gems superior to intellect, you'll also benefit from hitting the haste plateau too.
    Sorry it took me so long to answer you i was busy, i really appreciate your help.

Hey guys, I just got back in to WoW and I'm playing a Warlock for the first time since WOTLK, tons of changes. I probably won't be doing any serious raiding until Virtual Realms ( my server is dead ), but I would like to learn as much as possible until then.

My question is, should I my second Hand of Gul'dan be a Hand+Meta? Even if that means I'll instantly break out of Meta, due to low Fury or no trinkets/demon soul?

Also, since I do not have T15, is my Metaphase really just Touch of Chaos spam? It feels... odd to just sit there and spam 1 key ( assuming Doom is up ).

It's unlikely you will instantly break Meta on Hand-weaving; it has a 10-second cooldown, and you'll be doing things outside of Meta that add Fury. Generally, it is advised to always weave your HoGs in Meta, but fight-specific circumstances may change things. You want to maximize trinket procs inside Meta to be sure, but you can't rely on them. You can rely on your HoG cycle.

ToC is your usual fury dump, but there are circumstances where you also dump MC procs in Meta. Look through the last couple of pages in this thread, there has been some extensive discussion on that very topic.

Ill take a look. Thanks.

Deleted
    Hey, i totally missed the 5.4 changes to UVLS, can anybody please help me and tell me what will change with this trinket?

Quote Originally Posted by speedy69 View Post
    Hey, i totally missed the 5.4 changes to UVLS, can anybody please help me and tell me what will change with this trinket?
    The trinket it self doesnt change as far as i have read. But they have change around how RRPM works, so it no longer guarantees proc on pull and does no longer scale with haste. That means there will be far less procs, and alot more luck behind getting it at the right times.

Also they have removed the everlasting glyph, which increased the duration of dots, so that will also make it harder to keep UVLS buffed doom up.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    I will be playing Aff/Demo...

Also, because I will be playing Aff I won't be regemming for farm fights (Were I play Demo), and thus my crit will be insanely low.
    In these cases, would reforging to crit be the best idea, as I will have insanely low crit on my Aff set? (It seems like balancing haste mastery and crit is the way to go for Demo)
    I'm sort of wondering the same thing...how to balance playing Affliction with Demo OS (or vice versa). Will a heavy mastery build (after haste cap) really be all that terrible for Demo? Or will Demo just be frustrating w/o a heavy crit setup....which seems to be the consensus. Regemming between fights just doesn't seem reasonable - although reforge, while not cheap, is more doable.

IMO Demo for single target without a heavy crit build is pretty lame but, in aoe situations, a mastery build its way better and more solid.

So, if u want demo as off-spec, with affliction build, just use demo on heavy aoe fights.

Demo on a council fight (klaxxi or protectors) or vs endless interrupts (thok) is going to be strong still in the present haste/mastery build. The more single target fights (or ones where you want to focus on single target) aff is hard to beat. That or might just run aff MS w' demo OS and use UVLS since it would still itemize similarly. Might just roll through like live running 10K haste w' the rest to mastery. You could theoretically play any spec with that itemization...though clearly not optimally outside of affliction which could still be argued going to the 13K haste ballpark once you were full SoO geared.

Deleted
    I see a lot of people talking about having demo as OS and therefore go for a haste/mastery build because of affliction. For someone only playing demo, what build would you consider to be most suitable for most of the fights in SoO?

Deleted
    I think the jury is still out on what the definitive way to optimise demo will be. I know Werst has done a fair amount of testing it on it and I believe that the general consensus is that a crit build provides the most stable single target dps and fury generation. This is of course without the UVLS trinket.

Having said that, some people (i think Chrispotter tested it on dark shamans) are still getting decent enough results with a haste/mastery build whilst still using UVLS, though this was obviously conducted in a fight with multiple targets alive at once.

If I were to only play demo I would probably look to grab as much gear with crit and mastery on it as possible, including the 535 ilvl trinket from the timeless isle. Haste's value in t15 primarily came from snapshotting crit doom procs, and also to a lesser extent with firing off more soulfires during dark soul in meta (I think). I believe the play style will focus more around dumping fury with touch of chaos once more, so haste won't be as big of a factor anymore.

All of the above is based largely on what I have grasped from the 5.4 thread, as I have not touched the PTR much due to still progressing in ToT. I'm sure someone more qualified will agree/disagree soon enough.