Quote Originally Posted by khalamo View Post
    Any1 knows some pro demo locks streamers?
    zinnin is good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazgoth View Post
    zinnin is good.
    I won't be streaming till after progression is over.

I played both demo and aff for garrosh (2x 25m groups) and aff "felt" better while learning. Demo has some nice aoe and is wildly better for breaking MC + carrion swarm interrupt. Either works though without 2xT16 aff was just stronger. Aff can aoe safely from range while demo takes some risks being in for aoe. Namely you have to watch the desecration timer closely. You can definitely do garrosh without UVLS as demo since the things that make it good are not dependent on UVLS. (carrion swarm aoe interrupts vs mc, chaoswave vs mc, good cleave/aoe)

Demo can do just about any of the norm mode fights well. Aff can do most of them though falls down a bit on some fights comparatively though is still pretty strong overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazda View Post
    Just got Garrosh tonight after our server being down on our regular raid night....

What other classes/specs have an AOE interrupt that is actually classified as a legit interrupt besides Demo locks? Warriors and anyone else? I'm drawing a blank.
    I'm not sure either but I wanted to say that the utility of carrion swarm almost makes going demo on Garrosh worth while on that alone. After our raid night I was close to top on interrupts. Plus the burst dps of chaos wave and toc make you one of the best if not THE best class to handle mind controls. Add in shadowfury and you can pretty much carry your raid.

Affliction is insanely good dps on Garrosh and weapons but other than that it doesn't shine much on anything.

here is my Garrosh log from last night: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qtb54g7cvrvp00jh/
    Last edited by Darkith; 2013-09-17 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkith View Post
    I'm not sure either but I wanted to say that the utility of carrion swarm almost makes going demo on Garrosh worth while on that alone. After our raid night I was close to top on interrupts. Plus the burst dps of chaos wave and toc make you one of the best if not THE best class to handle mind controls. Add in shadowfury and you can pretty much carry your raid.

Affliction is insanely good dps on Garrosh and weapons but other than that it doesn't shine much on anything.

here is my Garrosh log from last night: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qtb54g7cvrvp00jh/
    Please tell this to moar people. I have to prop up Demo so often that I almost feel like a fanboy myself.

We had enough AoE with our Arms Warrior, Frost DK, and Fire Mage that I tried Aff for a few attempts. After wiping to missed MCs, I went back to Demo for the control. Ended up with highest Garrosh damage (not total damage) and was very pleased with it all. UVLS Doom on weapons and millions of imps.

I think about going demo for some fights tomorrow. Without 4pc t16 our filler is fel flame? Is this still right after the nerf? Simcraft is showing me 30k Dps less with fel flame as filler. Not sure about my apl though. So, 8100 haste > mastery > crit > haste and ff spamm?

Demo seems to be liking 8100 haste > mastery > haste = crit (using UVLS that is)

So in theory you could dump some stats into crit but that is probably specific case dependent. FF is great for movement and lets you use MF/AD with almost zero penalty.

So, here's my lock:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Xorn/advanced

I have a dilemma. I have the lfr T15 helm, which could give me my 2set for both T15 and T16, but I'd lose out on the heroic Horridon helm I have on. Is the two set that much of an increase, or am I better off the way I am? What do you guys think?

Are there any breakpoints above 8097? I have a lot of haste/mastery gear now since starting SoO heroics and my haste is sitting at around 11k

Are there any breakpoints above 8097? I have a lot of haste/mastery gear now since starting SoO heroics and my haste is sitting at around 11k
    When I was messing around with parsing in ToT, 14873 was the breakpoint i played with most.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

Quote Originally Posted by Xyronic View Post
    When I was messing around with parsing in ToT, 14873 was the breakpoint i played with most.
    Ya, that sounds like a good one. Right now I'm sitting at 11981 for additional shadowflame tick during meta gem/lust but I will try to reach 14873 after a few more pieces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    I won't be streaming till after progression is over.
    Would be awesome to get some VODs up for us euros (I'm sure many demo lovers will agree :P)

To stay under/at hit cap all my forgings are out of hit and into either haste or mastery respectively while still being able to use hit/mastery gems in blue sockets. That puts me at 10654 haste with 15754 mastery using a flex kardis instead of my 543 hydra. Scaling is holding mast > haste > crit but only by .1 (normalized) between them. Without going into too many details I like demo for the first 4x bosses heroic though protectors can go either way. Will say you should make a weak aura (or whatever you prefer) for letting you know when your imp buff is up so if you are using FF as a filler you can toss a shadowbolt/soulfire. Not really an issue before but I found that to be a big help both with and without the glyph of imp swarm now we are using FF quite a bit.

Deleted
    you can watch stream live of blatty when he plays demo (method) on HC progression

(google : blatty millenium tv)

Just a quick reminder that advertisement of streams and / or other things is not allowed on our forums. :-)

- Alarinth
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2013-09-18 at 12:42 PM.

The 8400 breakpoint its pretty useful gives +5 doom(if not mistaken) ticks under heroism+meta. On fights where hero is done on pool this can give superior DPS as one gets a super buffed doom for 1:30sec

and its only +300 than the 8100 point so imo its worth it, ToT had some fights where hero was done on pull like the bird and the eye boss, SoO for HC I dont know yet

new to demo

Hey guys, I was hoping you could give me a little help. I'm trying to switch/learn demo and I have a few questions I hope you could answer.

1. How should I be using fel flame? Should I just use it instead of shadow bolt?

2. the stat priority is int hit haste mast crit right?

3. I want to be going in and out of meta when ever I get an int/trinket proc and spamming touch of chaos?

4. Should I be using hand of gul'dan on cd or should I be waiting to have 2 charges?

5. I'm not sure when I should be using my soul fire procs? should I being using then in or out meta?

Thanks for any help you guys and gals can give me.

10+ Year Old Account

Pull and Molten Core advice

I was reading up a lot and there is some awesome stuff here.

I got 2 questions here I did not see a definite answer to, for the sake of details, I'm using Grimoire of Service.

1. Assuming there are no 2 pieces of T15 -> Should I cast Molten Core: Soul Fire during Meta or use Touch of Chaos only?
    2. Assuming no Glyph of Imp Swarm used AND my on-pull rotation is: HoG>Corr>Fel Flame>Service: Felguard>Command Demon>HoG>Meta>Doom>Doom -> Should I cast Demon Soul during this rotation to beef my initial pull dots and Felstorms at expense of less Meta uptime during Demon Soul OR delay it to gather more Demonic Fury, but making my initial Dooms and Felguards weaker?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

I got 2 questions here I did not see a definite answer to, for the sake of details, I'm using Grimoire of Service.

1. Assuming there are no 2 pieces of T15 -> Should I cast Molten Core: Soul Fire during Meta or use Touch of Chaos only?
    2. Assuming no Glyph of Imp Swarm used AND my on-pull rotation is: HoG>Corr>Fel Flame>Service: Felguard>Command Demon>HoG>Meta>Doom>Doom -> Should I cast Demon Soul during this rotation to beef my initial pull dots and Felstorms at expense of less Meta uptime during Demon Soul OR delay it to gather more Demonic Fury, but making my initial Dooms and Felguards weaker?
    1. Meta Molten Core Soul Fire has higher DPET than Touch of Chaos but it costs more as well. Use it for burst or when you get fury out the wazoo. It is also wise to use Meta Soul Fire when you have alot of haste procs and other big procs, but not like spamming it.
    2. This is a bit tricky. Your basic goal is to spend as much time in meta and dot whenever you have max trinket uptime and dark soul. So I'm thinking for trinkets with big uptime like Immerseus you can delay using cds like you mention and cast some Fel Flames or Shadow Bolts till you have enough fury to spend the remainder of your trinkets in meta. But otherwise you should definitely cast a max-buffed Doom asap, when out of fury spend some time out of meta and meta as soon as you can to dps the remainder of Dark Soul.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2013-09-18 at 08:35 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

When you have significant mastery/int/haste modifiers and alot of demonic fury.

[QUOTE=Gaidax;22446119]2. Assuming no Glyph of Imp Swarm used AND my on-pull rotation is: HoG>Corr>Fel Flame>Service: Felguard>Command Demon>HoG>Meta>Doom>Doom -> Should I cast Demon Soul during this rotation to beef my initial pull dots and Felstorms at expense of less Meta uptime during Demon Soul OR delay it to gather more Demonic Fury, but making my initial Dooms and Felguards weaker?

Precast SB -> Grim:Serv -> HoG -> Corruption -> SB/SFx2 (MC proc dependent, basically wanting to ensure you clip the second HoG) -> Dark Soul/Gloves/Racials -> HoG -> Meta -> Doom x2

Felstorm is off the GCD.