10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's close enough between them that it would be hard to say anything for sure without a working Sim for it, which isn't happening soon I would imagine.

Is it true that you and shinafae use different openers?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by speakk View Post
    Is it true that you and shinafae use different openers?
    Is it really that hard to go WoL or WL and look for yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    Is it really that hard to go WoL or WL and look for yourself?
    Logs don't tell the whole story. Even if you can get details on when exactly what spells were cast (and can you even do that with WoL ?), it doesn't give the reasoning behind it, and there's no way of telling if the gear someone has on their armory is what they used for any given encounter.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

In WoL you can view anything that happens with a timestamp with expression editor. So to make a comparison between two players' opener, build a query for all casts they do and all buffs gained.
    In WL, it's just a matter of going to events view and choosing the character and buffs etc. also has timestamps.

You can't tell the exact reforging and gear they use, but you can tell what trinkets they have and when they proc and fade. I would assume at this point, they're not reforging/regemming on a fight to fight basis, so what you see in armory probably isn't too far off. If you really wanna sleuth it out, see how long a shadow bolt cast is and do a little math to find how much haste they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Moruff View Post
    In WoL you can view anything that happens with a timestamp with expression editor. So to make a comparison between two players' opener, build a query for all casts they do and all buffs gained.
    In WL, it's just a matter of going to events view and choosing the character and buffs etc. also has timestamps.

You can't tell the exact reforging and gear they use, but you can tell what trinkets they have and when they proc and fade. I would assume at this point, they're not reforging/regemming on a fight to fight basis, so what you see in armory probably isn't too far off. If you really wanna sleuth it out, see how long a shadow bolt cast is and do a little math to find how much haste they have.
    For the lazy I made two expression edit links for both Shinafae and Zinnin on Iron Juggernaught that include them both having solid procs in their opener. Grain of salt as I didn't look much past that. Using these two as an example as was mentioned in above posts.

Zinnin | Shinafae
    Last edited by Kink; 2014-05-13 at 09:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kink View Post
    For the lazy I made two expression edit links for both Shinafae and Zinnin on Iron Juggernaught that include them both having solid procs in their opener. Grain of salt as I didn't look much past that. Using these two as an example as was mentioned in above posts.

Zinnin | Shinafae
    Without looking, i'm assuming that log is the one I fucked up, opener I use is on malk http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4q...D+%22Zinnin%22

I would also imagine the only real difference between our openers is the fact that I am using Drain Life

I've been running a couple of sims with the 4/4 upgrades and I'm seeing GoSup pull ahead by quite a margin (around 3.5-4%) when you add movement and adds. Same result with multiple targets. Weights Haste>Mastery>Crit. Perhaps, with yet higher levels of haste, the fury and burst gains from GoServ are offset by the increased constant damage from the wrathguard?
    Last edited by Taninsam; 2014-05-16 at 11:28 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinnin View Post
    Crit
    Increases your crit chance by 1% every 600 rating. Soulfire now crits 100% of the time, and gains a damage increase based on your crit percentage, which makes this slightly less...
    Sorry If I have missed this anywhere, but google hasn't provided any answers. Exactly how much damage does crit contribute to Soulfire? Anyone able to provide a mathematical equation? 1% of crit = how much soulfire damage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    Sorry If I have missed this anywhere, but google hasn't provided any answers. Exactly how much damage does crit contribute to Soulfire? Anyone able to provide a mathematical equation? 1% of crit = how much soulfire damage?
    1% crit = 1% damage

Deleted
    Zinnin - why do you not wait for your meta gem proc to pop your imps?

taken from your opener link:

[21:33:12.983] Zinnin casts Imp Swarm on Malkorok
    [21:33:13.092] Zinnin gains Tempus Repit from Zinnin

or do you use the same opener regardless of procs?

10+ Year Old Account
    90% of the time it should have procced by the time that I cast it, however that proc will give me maybe 1 more imp per fight so if it isn't up it isn't a huge deal. The damage of having imps out for most of BB makes up for most of that.

I use an opener macro and just spam it on the pull.

Nobody else tested stat weights/pet with the upgrades? :'(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taninsam View Post
    Nobody else tested stat weights/pet with the upgrades? :'(
    I may do it tomorrow, no promises :P

Please do! I'm getting super mixed results with single/multiple targets and encounter lengths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please do! I'm getting super mixed results with single/multiple targets and encounter lengths.

There might be some fight length where you just barely don't get another use where it is slightly worse, but I wouldn't worry about it.

That's single target. Try it with +2 targets. Also try it with hectic add cleave (which, tbh, represents a lot of encounters on SoO). Sup seems to pull ahead on those by quite a margin.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's single target. Try it with +2 targets. Also try it with hectic add cleave (which, tbh, represents a lot of encounters on SoO). Sup seems to pull ahead on those by quite a margin.
    APL won't play hectic add cleave anywhere near correct, I wouldn't take much stock in those.

As for 2 targets, I would imagine in order for it to be a true increase the targets would have to be literally stacked together which almost never actually happens outside of Sims. Protectors comes close, but you have one guy porting around and mobs spawning and despawning so often you never get a full cleave outside of true aoe spells with larger radius'. Same thing with Dark Shaman.

Also, looking at these results I am pretty sure that Mortal Cleave isn't implemented correctly but i'll have to check once servers come up.

Biggest thing to remember in sims, there is no positioning of targets so anything that can cleave will cleave. That isn't often the case in real play.

Deleted

demo

how do you start at pull? i mean its usless to do cds with proccs when their are like no fury to burn?

Moved your post to the sticky, as you're more likely to get an answer here.
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2014-05-21 at 09:08 PM.

They really should sticky these guides...

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Warlock-Guide