Page 11 of 152 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovyn View Post
    Sorry for the basic question, but what is ToC?
    Touch of Chaos, the spell our Shadowbolt turns into when in Metamorphosis form.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Touch of Chaos, the spell our Shadowbolt turns into when in Metamorphosis form.
    Ah thank you

So do the buffs to SB and SF make KJC worth using on fights without AoE?

Without doing the math you'd think that the DPS loss of Fel Flame would at least roughly equal anything you'd gain from AV damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conando View Post
    So do the buffs to SB and SF make KJC worth using on fights without AoE?

Without doing the math you'd think that the DPS loss of Fel Flame would at least roughly equal anything you'd gain from AV damage.
    It really depends on the fight. Some fights have phases that work very well with AV, for instance Force and Verve on Zor'lok is an amazing source of damage to reflect. Personally I will continue to run AV over KjC for the majority of non-aoe fights, unless I deem that I am just getting nothing out of AV.

Deleted
    On the subject of av, anyone know if it is affected by defensive cd's? For eg if i pop one and av at the same time will it not reflect as much due to the lowered incoming damage or does it ignore that? Can't think of an easy way to test except perhaps in a duel...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malmar View Post
    On the subject of av, anyone know if it is affected by defensive cd's? For eg if i pop one and av at the same time will it not reflect as much due to the lowered incoming damage or does it ignore that? Can't think of an easy way to test except perhaps in a duel...
    It reflects the damage you take after cds and absorbs.

It also doesn't reflect overkill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    It reflects the damage you take after cds and absorbs.
    Wow, that puts it in a strangely tiny niche; "i have large amounts of incoming damage but dont want to help my healers out with a cd". Odd.

As someone who rarely ever plays Demonology, does anyone have a macro that will allow me to have Enter and Exit Metamorphosis on a separate keybind? I want to avoid the situation where I tap my Meta key twice by mistake and end up in caster form with a 10 second cd on Meta.

Edit: Never mind, figured it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use these:

/cast [stance:0] Metamorphosis

/cancelaura Metamorphosis

So during an encounter would it be better to save up my HoG stacks so I could clip the first shadowflame?

Also I am having a bit of trouble with the usage of my imps, I have 4 set so should I just be saving them everytime until DS is up? Thanks.

P.S. Great guide it has helped me a lot. Will you be updating it for 5.2? (Not sure if it will need to be or not)
    Last edited by Cypherr; 2013-02-25 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Pre-SB (Glyphed for trinket procs), HoG, Corr, Elements (if your group needs it), Imps, GoServ, HoG, DS+Meta, Doom, ToC spam. Once you're out of Fury, drop Meta, Soulfire once, HoG, and Meta again. You'll have about 90% uptime on Meta during DS, and your burst will rival Arcane Mages.

Provided you have at least 3036 haste (Doom breakpoint), you can fit those 3 1/2 globals between the two HoGs and still get a 2 stack. Don't knock it until you try it.

Quoting this for the guy who was asking for it in the 5.2 discussion thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypherr View Post
    So during an encounter would it be better to save up my HoG stacks so I could clip the first shadowflame?

Also I am having a bit of trouble with the usage of my imps, I have 4 set so should I just be saving them everytime until DS is up? Thanks.

P.S. Great guide it has helped me a lot. Will you be updating it for 5.2? (Not sure if it will need to be or not)
    Yes, you should be saving HoG stacks to use together. And yes, anything that changes I will be updating for 5.2, however there isn't really any huge changes for Demo yet.

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    there isn't really any huge changes for Demo yet.

Chances are, we'll be using Soulfire in Meta during DS now; Possibly even pooling procs in preparation for DS. With the 22% buff, and the 4 set bonus, it'll likely be better than spamming ToC. That's the only big change I can think of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chances are, we'll be using Soulfire in Meta during DS now; Possibly even pooling procs in preparation for DS. With the 22% buff, and the 4 set bonus, it'll likely be better than spamming ToC. That's the only big change I can think of.
    Yea, I could see that as being the case, especially with our 2pc. However I am not going to put that on the guide until it is tested thoroughly. I am kind of thinking that passive play (GoSup \ No Imp Swarm) might be a little stronger with how RNG the new trinkets are. Hard to say for sure yet.

Deleted
    22% SF buff = 15% ToC buff

so once again - no big changes atm its still better to use SF outside meta, if you dont have any bonuses that increase its dmg, than inside.

Quote Originally Posted by kandalanu View Post
    22% SF buff = 15% ToC buff
    22=/=15... Its currently almost the exact same dps to use Soul Fire in Meta as ToC, provided that you don't kill your fury for the rest of DS. The 4 set helps with that issue, and the bigger 22% buff for Soul Fire over the 15% buff for ToC will push Soul Fire ahead.

@Zinnin, The other option is using Imps in reaction to the 30% Haste buff from the Meta gem proc. The CD snapshots your Haste at the moment its cast, so you'll end up with a much shorter CD. Once its off CD, you just hang onto it until you get another proc, or until the boss is sub 10%.

Deleted
    22=/=15...
    ofc its not

But what did i wrote ?

Quote Originally Posted by kandalanu View Post
    22% SF buff = 15% =ToC buff

10+ Year Old Account
    2@Zinnin, The other option is using Imps in reaction to the 30% Haste buff from the Meta gem proc. The CD snapshots your Haste at the moment its cast, so you'll end up with a much shorter CD. Once its off CD, you just hang onto it until you get another proc, or until the boss is sub 10%.
    If it wasn't rPPM I would consider this, but my first reaction to it when it was posted earlier is that it is going to be too unpredicable. You could use Imp Swarm the first proc, and then miss the next proc, then wait a minute for the next. Not sure if it will be worth using it that way. You could almost be gaining no Imps over passive if you are sitting on the passive and not getting full use out of the meta gem.

@Zinnin You should really consider making a Demo video similar to Evrelia's Aff video.

Also watching your stream I noticed that above your chat box you have something to display your CDs. Is that just power auras or something?