Cool Quick Question from a fresh 90

Posting from my friend's acccount as I dont have mmo-champion login.

This is my fresh 90

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%A4uron/simple

I have been Destruction Warlock from lvl 10 to 90 and I was so much loving it I did not get even get "Dual Spec" till yday when I dinged
    It was a non-stop joyride which lasted 88 hours (my playtime from 1 to 90).
    The spec is so simple and yet so good for downing quest mobs with ease (VW/Voidlord at my side gave some help too...)

But at 90 everywhere I turn ppl ask me to respec to Affliction for getting good dps.
    Do keep in mind I am what my friends call a "casual".
    My end game goals are LFRs, Sha, 5 mans and dailies.
    But I do want to contribute my team in downing a boss/completing the instance etc as much as I can.
    Having said that, is destruction that bad for PVE content at max level ???.

Thanks for your time
    Sauron

10+ Year Old Account
    If all you are doing is LFR, Sha, dungeons and dailies, and you don't plan on stepping into normal/heroic raiding, then spec however the hell you want.
    It doesn't matter.
    Your DPS won't be the highest it can be, but you aren't doing anything hugely important, so spec and gear how you want.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Play the spec you enjoy the most, doesn't matter what spec you are. As long as you don't need to have the highest DPS possible because of your guild progressing and whatnot.
    Destruction isn't bad, but I think it is the "worst" of the 3 specs right now if you look at the numbers.

Personally I am demonology, and just like you I just do LFR, dailies, world bosses and 5mans really.
    I am planning on going destruction asap when I get green fire though! Don't care if I had done half the dmg of the best spec, I would still play it :P

Deleted
    Destruction really isn't bad. I found it slow and boring at low gear levels though. At higher gear levels it becomes alot more fun.
    Affliction is just better. Demonology is just slightly better, but Destruction is still as good as most other dps classes/specs.

Contrary to the above, Destruction is perfectly viable against Affliction - much better than it on some fights even.

I only play Destruction in HC raiding these days, and the only fights I ever feel that Affliction would be a better option are the ones in which my raid needs me to have a 70% slow available.

Don't let people quote SimCraft or Raidbots to you. SimC's APL for Destruction is pretty inaccurate, so it isn't modeling Destro's damage potential even close to accurately.

The truth is, all 3 Warlock specs are capable of beating any other class. Each has its own uses for different jobs, and excels in different things. Pick one or two that you like the most, and master them.
    Last edited by Rakaji; 2013-01-11 at 12:49 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    Destruction really isn't bad. I found it slow and boring at low gear levels though. At higher gear levels it becomes alot more fun.
    Affliction is just better. Demonology is just slightly better, but Destruction is still as good as most other dps classes/specs.
    Yeah, those Chaos Bolts are really slow at lower gear levels :< The only thing keeping me off switching to Affliction is the AoE rotation, I'll probably swap when I get the hang of it :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Stick to what you love, it will mean you are having fun playing the game, which is the intent of it all. I assure you you won't be holding anyone back just cause you use a Destro spec.

Having said that, I can highly encourage you to try the other specs as well at some point, they are quite fun too, once you get the hang of them.

For Demo and Affli we have very nice guides stickied at the top of the forum board here, and a Destro guide is supposed to be coming too. The current Destro guide works, but the finer points are better adressed in the new one (I've seen a snippet of the new guide, still a work in progress by Brusalk).