Poll: See below

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Unhappy How much does it bother you when...

People say "We need to hang out!!" then never contact you.

Vast majority of the time, in my experience, it's girls doing this. (No offense to any female gamer comrades who may be on here, as this is only my experience.)

I've learned to just say "Yeah, text me some time!" (putting the responsibility on them) sigh in exasperation when I never hear from them, then move on.

I used to follow through and take initiative to try to set something up (they're the ones who said they wanted to!) then, when they'd leave me hanging so long I'd fall on my face, cry

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I generally don't care if people say they want or need to hang out. I set up times and events for people to do stuff if they want to. If they don't respond, that's fine. If they do respond, its sweet. People are too busy to set aside time they think they don't have and too lazy to put work into something with the excess time they have to *rest*.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh we should catch up sometime, it really means oh its good to see you, i have nothing else to say i must be going now.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Happened to me last week. But I don't care. I dont hold grudges against my friends

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damascus View Post
    People say "We need to hang out!!" then never contact you.

Vast majority of the time, in my experience, it's girls doing this. (No offense to any female gamer comrades who may be on here, as this is only my experience.)

I've learned to just say "Yeah, text me some time!" (putting the responsibility on them) sigh in exasperation when I never hear from them, then move on.

I used to follow through and take initiative to try to set something up (they're the ones who said they wanted to!) then, when they'd leave me hanging so long I'd fall on my face, cry
    Actually had this experience this week alone. But she asked other people out and when they turned her down she asked me, and when I got angry for making me the last resort as usual, she got on the defensive until I pointed out how she would feel from my PoV. She said Sorry but i'm unsure its changed anything.

Women are crazy.

Infracted: Please refrain from generalizing and stereotyping large groups of people, such as women, even if you're not being fully serious.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2013-01-11 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    Happened to me last week. But I don't care. I dont hold grudges against my friends
    Yup, I'm with you on this. I've got a lot of friends who this happens with and it doesn't bother me one bit. What helps is that quite often they'll acknowledge that they've been inadvertently flaky.
    Some of the time, though, it's people who, because they never responded to attempts to communicate, I've just moved on without. In this situation it feels like I'm being reeled back in :/

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 11:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Women are crazy.
    They only people I've met who disagree with this statement (women included) were the queens of the crazy list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, IDC, as I know it's hollow and fake, when they say it.
    If there was a genuine interrest to "get together", then it would have happened by itself, and not just because you bump into eachother in the mall..

Very few people have the time and energy to nuture more than 5 friends. The more "friends" you have, the longer distance you have from them, eventually downgradindig them to aquintances..

A friend you spends enough time and energy on, will NEVER say "we need to get together", simply because you already do..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Vast majority of the time, in my experience, it's girls doing this.
    It's called being polite...

I hate people that do this, when I tell people I'll do something with them I put all my shit on hold to meet those plans.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Maybe I want to hang out with you and I'm too shy to put my foot forward and follow you up on the offer. :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Maybe I want to hang out with you and I'm too shy to put my foot forward and follow you up on the offer. :<
    im the exact same way around old friends. i dont want to be seen as annoying...but on the other i want to have an answer.....never sure what to do.

Deleted
    I'm shy and lack the courage to invite someone out, even if they are close friends. So yeah it does anger me a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    There are lots of ways to be polite without being hollow. "How are you" "Good to see you"

The most recent example of this in my life was a girl texting me out of the blue to ask how I was then saying she wanted to hang out. That was almost a month ago.

That seems real polite.

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 12:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    im the exact same way around old friends. i dont want to be seen as annoying...but on the other i want to have an answer.....never sure what to do.
    I've gotten to the point where I'll text/call/message the friend on FB and mention their offer with maybe a token plan, but nothing beyond that if they don't show some effort on their part. I'm not about to chase them all over for something they suggested in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Damascus View Post
    There are lots of ways to be polite without being hollow. "How are you" "Good to see you"
    No, those are exactly the same. People who said how are you don't give a crap about how you actually are. People who say good to see you don't actually think it's any good to see you. It's as crappy and meaningless as saying "we should hang out".

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    That never happens to me.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Clearly the solution is to arrange for a chance meeting!

10+ Year Old Account
    I rather not hang out with people besides my best mates and girl friend. Anyone else is just awkward, I rather just have several close friends and that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh god YES!!! SO FUCKING ANNOYING!!! Like the OP, this only happens to me with girls (mostly ones that are just friends that are already involved in a relationship with another guy)

About a year and a half ago there was a girl that was in almost all of my classes at my college so we ended up talking, going to the gym, going for coffee after classes and even go drinking, smoke some ganja and play video games on the weekends all the time! That began to die down after she decided to take a semester off, she would contact me less and less and she would hardly ever respond to my texts and emails.

So one day I ran into her downtown (my city is not all that big) we chatted for a few minutes and that line came out right before we said goodbye.... "yeah we should hang out sometime soon" Even before this happened she texted me saying that she missed talking to me adn hanging out with me. So i said yeah sure anytime just ring me up or toss me a text... A week went by and she never tried to contact me... So i decided to contact her one day, we talked about this and that like we always used to which was fine. I ended up asking her what she was doing the next day and that we should go out for a coffee and just hang out for a while.... NO RESPONSE FOR THE REST OF THE DAY... I asked her again the next day and the same thing, soon as I asked her if she wanted to go hang out she stopped talking.

About a month later, (by now this bitch was pretty much dead to me LOL) She starts emailing and texting me again, I played it cool and we exchanged a few words about this and that. Once again she said that she missed hanging out with me and that we should see each other sometime to catch up on old times. I said "yeah we should" That was pretty much the last thing I said to her because she decided to not contact me again.

I hope the bitch is dead in a ditch somewhere TBH. Nothing is more annoying than this! Why say something like "We need to hang out!!" but never act on it? And don't give me this whole "it's just something you say" bullshit either because that's just plain fucking retarded.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Meh, mildly irritating but not that annoying. Just one of those token gestures people make.

What annoys me more is when someone I know from the UK messages me on facebook -
    "Hey! I'm going to be in Amsterdam tomorrow, want to meet up?!"
    "Great! Have a great time, but I can't meet up because YOU LEFT IT UNTIL THE DAY BEFORE TO INFORM ME AND I ALREADY HAVE PLANS, MORON!"
    Ok, maybe I don't quite word it like that... but that's what I'm thinking >.>
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Deleted
    It bothers me much more when people I don't really care about all that much but still enough so I wouldn't want to hurt their feelings or get rid of completely want to hang out too much and just don't take any (made up) excuse. I'm busy, I have to study, Im not feeling too well always ends with what about 8 then instead of 6? Or what about tomorrow same time.. or I could come over instead. Why cant they just get the hint.