Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

School - miss/like it or hate it?

So, I been thinking back to the time at school, mainly from age 12/13-18/19ish. I been starting to feel I miss those times despite me not being there too often but still got through school, in fact I hated going to school when I was at that age. Wishing one could go back in time and redo it all but put some effort into. Fix some mistakes.

The one thing I miss the most with it is all the people one met, people you got to know, some of which you still keep in touch with years later. Some people you lost contact with, some didn't want to keep in touch. I've barely made any new friends since school, most of my friends are people from my school time. Some of them who have been around since we were 7 years old. :')

Thought it could be interesting to see what others thought about your time at school or think about your current time at school!

Yeah I do miss it, school all the way through to university, I think it was great time for being social and actually doing things. I can say without a doubt I did so many more things between the ages of 15 and 19 than 19 through to 25. Being an adult sucks.

hated it with a passion. hated it so much that i got so good at fooling doctors one year i missed over 80 days yet they couldnt file me for truancy because i had medical excuses for all of them O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    hated it with a passion. hated it so much that i got so good at fooling doctors one year i missed over 80 days yet they couldnt file me for truancy because i had medical excuses for all of them O-O
    i don't see how that is something to be proud of.

I don't miss school at all. It wasn't all that memorable to me.

I miss being an undergraduate though. So much stuff I would have done differently. Like, not pursuing a career of being a professional weeaboo expert in Japan just because my teenage rebelliousness kicked right when I was applying for uni. This I think is close to the sentiments you expressed about going back, redoing it, putting more effort in and fixing mistakes. Sometimes just wish we have our pocket time machine, right?
    Last edited by semaphore; 2013-01-11 at 06:34 AM.

public elementary school- 1-4 and 6 - best time of my life. if you grew up in hawaii and went to public school here, you would probably kill anything just to revisit those times. dont know how the system is now but back in the 90's, hawaii fucking rocked!

private school grade 5- hated it. haha. i probably hated it because of how i was trained in public school. (while I got out at 2pm back then, i now had to get out an hour later)

public intermediate school grades 7-8- didnt like it so much because uniforms and the start of no free lunches

public high school- 9-12- loved it because no uniforms haha. hated grade 10 because my grades started plummeting. grade 9 was the best because it was so easy and chill. grades 11 and 12 were alright, i already knew i was going to a d1 university so it was bitter sweet because i knew all this relaxing would come to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    I don't miss school at all. It wasn't all that memorable to me.
    Would it be mean to say thats probably cos you couldnt see over the desks?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm 29 now. Never went to college due to the fact that I had a decent job when I was 16 was there for 8 years and "promised" a management position. My career ended there when the place shut down and my own union nearly told me to "Go Fuck yourself!" in more or less words.

I miss going to high school, hanging out with everyone and looking forward to Friday nights meeting up with everyone and partying it up. Every weekend was a blast regardless of what we did.

As you get older things just become routine, friends drift away, more responsibilities, bills, etc etc.

I'd go back to being 15-16 again in a heart beat if I knew what I knew now plus I"d beat my own ass for acting like a complete spazz and not going to school.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Would it be mean to say thats probably cos you couldnt see over the desks?
    It's not true! They had booster seats

Deleted
    It was just a waste of time for me so I don't miss it at all. Everything I've learnt was learnt from reading books and the interwebz.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i don't see how that is something to be proud of.
    i never said i was proud of it O-O however i am an actor so i guess it was good practice O-O
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    High school... I miss it, I guess.

I just wish I could have redone it. I spent 100% of it being anti-social and fat, never went to football games, chased girls, never did anything like that... I just went.
    Call me House.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. That was probably the darkest times of my life with all the real life shit that was happening. This is about junior high/ high school/ early college life, though.

i was one reallly unruly bastard in my school days. i personally got a few people fired and ruined quite a few lives i partially regret a few of the things i did. i was going through alot of things then though i was pretty much homeless and before that had been in foster care. i remember i had a therapist who said i had O D D Oppositional Defiant Disorder.

everything eventually fell in place though mostly in my favor and i have a pretty good life now.

do i regret a few of the things i did? some of them yeah. but i hated that place so much i would never go back and im glad i was there as little as possible

Deleted
    I don't miss my elementary school days, it was okay and good times and all, but it still wasn't all that great. High school fucking sucks though.

Deleted
    Hey I loved School, it was the only place I could be myself and mess around not having to pretend or wear a mask.

I hated it at age 5 I still hate it at age 19. College is the worse so far by far!
    Last edited by Sam the Wiser; 2013-01-11 at 08:03 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    High school wasn't all that fun to me. It was just constantly awkward and nothing meaningful ever really happened. It had it's fun points but it was honestly really boring to me.

The only thing I miss is the social atmosphere of college/university. I absolutely loved it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    High school wasn't all that fun to me. It was just constantly awkward and nothing meaningful ever really happened. It had it's fun points but it was honestly really boring to me.
    This, I mean, I learn relatively much but that's just mathematical subjects which I suck at anyhow, society subjects are fucking boring and I never learn anything meaningful. Plus, I really don't fit in with the atmosphere here.

I think everyone wishes they could have gone back and done it better, 90% of getting older is learning from your experiences. I certainly don't miss school though, I'm free to do what I want now, I'm not backed into a corner by other people or arbitrarily placed beneath someone elses authority.