Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Hi Ken. I was 93 kilograms when I was 16 and in high school. One year before graduating, I said enough is enough. I had back aches, breathing problems, fatigue, and luckily I did not develop diabetes, but I was close. I could feel all the nasty inside me. What did I do? I stopped eating all that is unnecessary for survival. My diet consisted of only water, salad, no oils at all, and only boiled chicken breast meat once in a while. Sometimes I was so desperate for change that I would just drink water.

Now you may ask, "How did you occupy yourself while on this diet? How did you control your will power?" The answer is, by playing WoW. That is right, I went on the diet during the summer, and 3 months of hardcore gaming was enough for me to drop from 93, to 70 kilograms. That is correct, I lost 23 kilograms. And when I looked at myself in the mirror, I wanted to cry. Why? Because I achieved this all by myself. I could see my lower jaw, my neck, I had a proper waistline, my breathing returned, my spine was freed. I did not go to any doctors, I took no medication. I did all this alone. When I returned to school, I was a new person.

You can do this aswell. But you need to start now. I was depressed aswell, it was twice as hard because I had to deal with name calling and constant remarks and teasing. But when you drop all that weight, the depression will go away, that I promise. Try what I did. I know it sounds extreme and unpractical (to some) but it worked for me. And I assure you that I am telling the truth. I remember so vividly that 93kg. Start now.

Best of luck to you.

Just don't eat more than what you really need.

I can't understand how people can be overweight. Just stop eating and run 3-5 KM's or whatever exercise every 2nd day or so.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKen View Post
    I'm going to start of by saying that I'm 20 years old. I'm 6'5" and I weight over 500 pounds. I'm scared to weigh myself. I'm scared that it won't be 500 but be 600 or more. You can't really tell that I weigh that much. I think that my height distributes the weight evenly so while I do look really big (and I mean really big, I can barely fit in a 4 door sedan) I don't look like I'm 500 pounds plus. People ask me how much I weigh and I lie, I say like 300 pounds. I've been big for most of my life, Probably 10 years now. Each year it gets worse and worse. I don't have any health issues that I know about. The only thing that I know I have is fatigue and sleep apnea. I'm worried that sometime in the near future I will develop Diabetes or something bad. I'm depressed and while it may not show, I know that I am. It hurts me to see myself like this, and I can't do anything about it. I've tried. I've tried many times. Somehow my mind just tells me no. Somehow I talk myself out of doing anything about it. I feel trapped. I want to get out, I want to feel normal. How do you guys manage to do it. Are there any tricks to get myself to go to the gym, to stop eating. I probably consume over 3000 calories a day. I fucking hate my life right now. Please give me any tips that will allow me to rethink my life, even though I am rethinking it right now, I know that come tomorrow I'll forget this, I'll just go on doing the same fucking thing everyday. Eat, Sleep, EAT EAT EAT FUCKING EAT... This is hard for me.
    Start slow, the last thing you want is for exercise to be hard and not enjoyable, you wont keep it up.

Start with short walks, gently build up by walking further, dont go faster than you ar comfortable with, any excercise will help, even gentle levels, build up slowly.

Try to find someone to walk with, or when you are ready join a walking group or similar, dont be self consious, only you care, everyone else does not and will just accept that you are there for the same reason they are, we all tend to be self consious, when its really not needed.

Look at your diet. Do Not diet, but look at slowly making small changes to be more healthy, for and slowly cut down portion size, dont. Ame earing miserable or you wont keep it up.

Its about small sustainable changes, not big drastic ones. Set achieveable goals, if thats walking 15mins without getting out of breath thats fine, if its runnning 5k thats fine, it does not matter, but make it realistic and smaller achievable goals are better than large ones you dont really believe you can meet. You can, but take it in small steps and you'll get there without noticing.

Do not obsess over weight, its irrelevant, dont weigh yourself, but be pleased when you go down a clothes size.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CustardCreamBiscuits View Post
    Hi Ken. I was 93 kilograms when I was 16 and in high school. One year before graduating, I said enough is enough. I had back aches, breathing problems, fatigue, and luckily I did not develop diabetes, but I was close. I could feel all the nasty inside me. What did I do? I stopped eating all that is unnecessary for survival. My diet consisted of only water, salad, no oils at all, and only boiled chicken breast meat once in a while. Sometimes I was so desperate for change that I would just drink water.

Now you may ask, "How did you occupy yourself while on this diet? How did you control your will power?" The answer is, by playing WoW. That is right, I went on the diet during the summer, and 3 months of hardcore gaming was enough for me to drop from 93, to 70 kilograms. That is correct, I lost 23 kilograms. And when I looked at myself in the mirror, I wanted to cry. Why? Because I achieved this all by myself. I could see my lower jaw, my neck, I had a proper waistline, my breathing returned, my spine was freed. I did not go to any doctors, I took no medication. I did all this alone. When I returned to school, I was a new person.

You can do this aswell. But you need to start now. I was depressed aswell, it was twice as hard because I had to deal with name calling and constant remarks and teasing. But when you drop all that weight, the depression will go away, that I promise. Try what I did. I know it sounds extreme and unpractical (to some) but it worked for me. And I assure you that I am telling the truth. I remember so vividly that 93kg. Start now.

Best of luck to you.
    So you starved yourself eating salad and chicken? Well done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Just don't eat more than what you really need.

I can't understand how people can be overweight. Just stop eating and run 3-5 KM's or whatever exercise every 2nd day or so.
    Thats both dangerous and unsustainable advice for people who are very overweight and dont do exercise and just speaks to hour ignorance and flippancy about situations you dont understand, if it was that easy every one would be toned and running marathons for fun....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    I turned out just fine. I am now an adult and I have no health issues at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    Can you at least try to be a bit more constructive in your posts instead of telling people they are doing it wrong, or have done it wrong? Give us some arguments to back your opinion up, or give us some alternatives....

Deleted
    I turned out just fine. I am now an adult and I have no health issues at all.
    And how did you tone up? I'd not advoke starvation and hardcore gaming as a weight loss strategy! At least not a safe and sustainable one. Glad it worked out for you, but I not recommend it anymore than other fad diets and crash weight loss programs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    And how did you tone up? I'd not advoke starvation and hardcore gaming as a weight loss strategy! At least not a safe and sustainable one. Glad it worked out for you, but I not recommend it anymore than other fad diets and crash weight loss programs
    I began to lift weights of course. Slowly increasing my potential. I swam, ran and slept well. This really is not difficult. You do not need to throw away money when you can do something yourself. It is all just a state of mind that can be changed. Sure dieting and playing games does not seem ideal or very logical, but here I am, no longer overweight. I will let people be the judges. You don't even need to play games, just exclude everything else that is not necessary for survival and focus on greenery, water, fruits and boiled meat. No salt, no oils, no butter, nothing of that sort.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 11:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    And why do people keep thinking it was starvation? Excuse me, I did eat. Salad, fruits, and boiled meat. That really is enough to keep your stomach happy. I have not a single issue.

Deleted
    There's no 'easy' way to lose weight. I was 99kg (190cm) 3 months ago, but with support from family and friends. I lost 17kgs (I know weigh 82kg), I'm 19 btw, and probably gained 5kgs in muscles, by going to the gym 3times a week, consisting of 30min cardio (15min x2) and 30min weight lifting 2 times a week, and 50min running 1 time a week. I also took 20min walks everyday. I was on a LCHF diet, my meals consisted of salad and healthy meat (chicken, fish all that stuff) and drinking water.
    I don't think that starving yourself is a very healthy option, instead eat healthy food and go the gym atleast 2 times a week and take daily walks, also find a friend to go to the gym with. Tell your family and friends that you are comitting to this and they will support you in your decision. You have to be fully commited or you will just fall back to your regular routines, trust me I've tried plenty of times before.

I was really depressed aswell before (I've always been skinny since I was a kid, I started gaining weight when I was around 13yrs old) but when you start noticing that you're actually loosing weight, and other people noticing aswell, that depressiong will go away. You will get more confident, you will feel good about yourself. Now I feel bad when I DON'T get to workout.

Hope this helps, good luck to you!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Altam View Post
    Can you at least try to be a bit more constructive in your posts instead of telling people they are doing it wrong, or have done it wrong? Give us some arguments to back your opinion up, or give us some alternatives....
    He starved himself
    He lost the weight
    He lost all the muscle
    Now, the goal of losing weight is to become healthy, not to just lose the weight just to lose it. Which is what he has done.
    A weight loss journey should be 1 pound a week max of losing fat. You should take your time to lose weight, you got all the time in the world to lose it.

To add to the constructive advice that was already given: It's a matter of resolving to eat better, exercising (both cardio and weight training) and, continuously doing this at least four times a week. It's always advisable to check with a doctor, nutrition centre or weight loss spa for advice on how to do this properly - if you feel the added push is necessary.

If you are being genuine in this post, I truly wish you all the best in the future with your weight issues.

Deleted
    I began to lift weights of course. Slowly increasing my potential. I swam, ran and slept well. This really is not difficult. You do not need to throw away money when you can do something yourself. It is all just a state of mind that can be changed. Sure dieting and playing games does not seem ideal or very logical, but here I am, no longer overweight. I will let people be the judges. You don't even need to play games, just exclude everything else that is not necessary for survival and focus on greenery, water, fruits and boiled meat. No salt, no oils, no butter, nothing of that sort.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 11:14 AM ----------

And why do people keep thinking it was starvation? Excuse me, I did eat. Salad, fruits, and boiled meat. That really is enough to keep your stomach happy. I have not a single issue.

because you said:
    "I stopped eating all that is unnecessary for survival. My diet consisted of only water, salad, no oils at all, and only boiled chicken breast meat once in a while. Sometimes I was so desperate for change that I would just drink water."

Which is saying you are only salad, with occasional boiled chicked meat, and were so desparate for change that even a glass of water was a respite....if thats what you posted can you blame people for assuming its a starvation diet equivalent?

if it worked for you great. But most people will not be able to stick to it, it will make them miserable and they will stop. The drop out rate for such diets is huge and usually the weight goes back on once they stop.
    A much more sustainable solution is to make small changes in an incremental way, which leads to lifestyle change that can be kept up and keep the weight off permenantly.

Its usually not a good idea to jump into both an excersice program and a massive diet change at the same time, it just makes people unhappy and they quit both.

If it worked for you thats wonderful, but you are the exception to the rule as it were, for most people thats not a good idea.
    Last edited by mmoc4e3ce29075; 2013-01-28 at 11:47 AM.

Deleted
    Also no oils at all and no fat, you need fat in your diet.

Yeah... two words.

Gastric bypass.

If you can afford it, it works. I know personally several people who have lost a lot of weight with it, and it's stayed off. Latest one had surgery in July, was 160, is now about 118 or so. Kilos, not pounds obviously, so about 90 pounds lost. Could have been more, but it's understandable with xmas inbetween.

Deleted
    It's not really comparable, but may help a little; when I wanted to drop a little fat I found limiting the amount of money I carry around stopped a pretty bad habit I used to have; I'd pop into a shop or fast food stall to buy something and then go home to dinner on the table. I was essentially eating 2 meals for no reason other than I had money burning a hole in my pocket.

If you only carry around money enough for travel or take the exact amount to buy "everyday" stuff like milk or toothpaste from a shop, you'll not be inclined to buy sweets, pop, or other junk food.

Honestly I don't know how it's possible to only eat salad and boiled chicken lol. Especially if you exercise daily.

I'm on a diet now myself for new year and I was eating salads but I got so sick of it, it's not something you can repetitively eat in large quanitities I mean I was eating a salad for a meal so it was a pretty big bowl of just lettuce, cucumber, and grilled chicken.

Deleted
    I lost 30 pounds since last summer. While it is not that much, I did it all just by eating healthier.

Changing your diet will be rough the first couple of days/weeks, but you'll get used to it. Once you are used to it it becomes really easy to stick to your diet. I know taking that first step can be really hard, but in the end it'll be worth it. Also a docter might be able to help you take that first step and give you some helpfull advice.

I'm going to start of by saying that I'm 20 years old. I'm 6'5" and I weight over 500 pounds. I'm scared to weigh myself. I'm scared that it won't be 500 but be 600 or more.
    I might come off as a jerk in this post but I'm going to be brutally honest. From the contradictions in your post it looks like you need to hear it.

You can't really tell that I weigh that much. I think that my height distributes the weight evenly so while I do look really big (and I mean really big, I can barely fit in a 4 door sedan) I don't look like I'm 500 pounds plus.
    Being 500lbs at 6'5 is morbidly obese. Looking like you're at 300lbs is not normal and it is not good. At all.

I don't have any health issues that I know about. The only thing that I know I have is fatigue and sleep apnea.
    Fatigue and sleep apnea are health issues, you're weight is directly related to them and they're just the issues you're aware of. If you woke up tomorrow and was magically 200lbs and healthy, you'd realise how much you were suffering.

I'm worried that sometime in the near future I will develop Diabetes or something bad.
    If you don't make some serious permanent lifestyle changes this will happen.

It hurts me to see myself like this, and I can't do anything about it.
    Yes you can, it's your body and you're not powerless over it.

Are there any tricks to get myself to go to the gym, to stop eating.
    You don't think about it, you don't give yourself time to talk yourself out of it. You leave your front door at X time and go to the gym. The more defined your routine the easier it gets.

I probably consume over 3000 calories a day.
    You consumer well over that. According to this calculator, at your height and weight you need to eat more than 4000 calories just to maintain your weight. If you ate 3000 calories per day you would lose weight, very quickly (up until 300lbs).
    Please give me any tips that will allow me to rethink my life, even though I am rethinking it right now, I know that come tomorrow I'll forget this, I'll just go on doing the same fucking thing everyday. Eat, Sleep, EAT EAT EAT FUCKING EAT... This is hard for me.
    You don't wait for tomorrow. You stop eating now, you sign up to the gym now, you go for a 1 hour walk around the neighbourhood right now! Go, Stop reading this thread and don't come back till you're done.

Then we can talk about diet and effective exercise routines.

I'm going to start of by saying that I'm 20 years old. I'm 6'5" and I weight over 500 pounds. I'm scared to weigh myself. I'm scared that it won't be 500 but be 600 or more. You can't really tell that I weigh that much. I think that my height distributes the weight evenly so while I do look really big (and I mean really big, I can barely fit in a 4 door sedan) I don't look like I'm 500 pounds plus. People ask me how much I weigh and I lie, I say like 300 pounds. I've been big for most of my life, Probably 10 years now. Each year it gets worse and worse. I don't have any health issues that I know about. The only thing that I know I have is fatigue and sleep apnea. I'm worried that sometime in the near future I will develop Diabetes or something bad. I'm depressed and while it may not show, I know that I am. It hurts me to see myself like this, and I can't do anything about it. I've tried. I've tried many times. Somehow my mind just tells me no. Somehow I talk myself out of doing anything about it. I feel trapped. I want to get out, I want to feel normal. How do you guys manage to do it. Are there any tricks to get myself to go to the gym, to stop eating. I probably consume over 3000 calories a day. I fucking hate my life right now. Please give me any tips that will allow me to rethink my life, even though I am rethinking it right now, I know that come tomorrow I'll forget this, I'll just go on doing the same fucking thing everyday. Eat, Sleep, EAT EAT EAT FUCKING EAT... This is hard for me.
    At over 500 pounds you're eating way more than 3000 calories a day. You have to actually eat a number to maintain a weight. For example, I eat 1500-2000 to maintain 160lbs. And because you're at that weight, you are going to need a serious dietician / nutritionist because if you go at this the wrong way, you could end up with very unhealthy consequences. Do not listen to people who say stop eating, goto a gym. You have to gradually do this and it will take time. The first year you may lose 100lbs or more, but the biggest thing is to do it in a healthy way.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 01:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grinderofl View Post
    Yeah... two words.

Gastric bypass.

If you can afford it, it works. I know personally several people who have lost a lot of weight with it, and it's stayed off. Latest one had surgery in July, was 160, is now about 118 or so. Kilos, not pounds obviously, so about 90 pounds lost. Could have been more, but it's understandable with xmas inbetween.
    There are major digestive problems that could arise by doing this. You can't just cut off part of your body without some sort of consequence.