Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Like I said, it's all about will power. If you can dedicate 3 months to change your life, and you really want to, then you will. If you cannot, and get upset because you want to become healthier, then you are weak. I simply don't understand this reasoning. Help yourself to help yourself. You will not die if you eat greens and boiled meat and fruits and drink water. While I know and understand that oil is necessary for proper balance, once again, nothing serious will happen if you exclude it while you are changing yourself.

If a person gets upset and unhappy while going through change, then that's too bad. Personally, I have now bulked up, my metabolism increased, I keep a steady weight, and I have not a single issue. Yes, i lost the weight, indeed the muscle too, but then i gained back the muscle, and more of it. But yes, like others have said, gastric bypass might indeed be an option if affordable. Otherwise, just do it the old fashioned way. It all depends on how fast you want to change. I see people not agreeing with my method, but damn, it worked for me, and I was never ever called a 'fatty, or a fatso' ever again. Even if that is not the issue, when you drop all that weight you will be a new person.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 01:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    because you said:

If it worked for you thats wonderful, but you are the exception to the rule as it were, for most people thats not a good idea.
    I agree with you on this. It seems like I am an exception, and I was surprised myself. In my opinion, it really doesn't hurt to try it. Sometimes desperation calls for desperate needs. I'm sure we all can agree on that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    because you said:
    "I stopped eating all that is unnecessary for survival. My diet consisted of only water, salad, no oils at all, and only boiled chicken breast meat once in a while. Sometimes I was so desperate for change that I would just drink water."

Which is saying you are only salad, with occasional boiled chicked meat, and were so desparate for change that even a glass of water was a respite....if thats what you posted can you blame people for assuming its a starvation diet equivalent?

if it worked for you great. But most people will not be able to stick to it, it will make them miserable and they will stop. The drop out rate for such diets is huge and usually the weight goes back on once they stop.
    A much more sustainable solution is to make small changes in an incremental way, which leads to lifestyle change that can be kept up and keep the weight off permenantly.

Its usually not a good idea to jump into both an excersice program and a massive diet change at the same time, it just makes people unhappy and they quit both.

If it worked for you thats wonderful, but you are the exception to the rule as it were, for most people thats not a good idea.
    I do agree with you. You are right. My case was just pure desperation and determination. I guess indeed I am an exception to the general rule of losing weight. I was surprised myself. All i'm saying that it really doesn't hurt to try it slowly and gradually. You will not die, you will simply crave for more food, sweets etc, but you must control that. Right now i'm 21 and in a perfect shape. Not a single issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CustardCreamBiscuits View Post
    I do agree with you. You are right. My case was just pure desperation and determination. I guess indeed I am an exception to the general rule of losing weight. I was surprised myself. All i'm saying that it really doesn't hurt to try it slowly and gradually. You will not die, you will simply crave for more food, sweets etc, but you must control that. Right now i'm 21 and in a perfect shape. Not a single issue.
    If you crave other food too much its because your diet is fucked, like yours. Missing essential fats etc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    If you crave other food too much its because your diet is fucked, like yours. Missing essential fats etc
    Look man, you seem to have misunderstood me completely. Jeez. Let me go over this again. If a person is truly desperate, he will shed the excess weight. How he does it is up to him. I took a drastic measure and turned out alive, so I will defend my way. Yes, fats are absolutely essential and you should not discard such food. I agree with that. However, if someone wants to try to lose weight because he needs to do, then ignoring lipids will not kill you, nor will it worsen your health. Once again, to back this up, I bring myself in. I gave myself 3 months, and I turned out just fine by living on the bare minimum. I beat the lust for sweets and all that other crap, and did not suffer any serious detriment while I watched myself get thinner and thinner.

You don't seem to like my idea, and that's fine. Right now I am well built, have a suitable eating habbit, I have no issues, and I am alive. As of this very moment I don't crave anything. You completely misunderstood me. I use olive oil and sunflower oil to cook, and I am happy. So why must you insult my ways without even knowing the rest of the story? I am simply trying to give advice to the OP. Damn man, what's wrong with you?

Deleted
    Look man, you seem to have misunderstood me completely. Jeez. Let me go over this again. If a person is truly desperate, he will shed the excess weight. How he does it is up to him. I took a drastic measure and turned out alive, so I will defend my way. Yes, fats are absolutely essential and you should not discard such food. I agree with that. However, if someone wants to try to lose weight because he needs to do, then ignoring lipids will not kill you, nor will it worsen your health. Once again, to back this up, I bring myself in. I gave myself 3 months, and I turned out just fine by living on the bare minimum. I beat the lust for sweets and all that other crap, and did not suffer any serious detriment while I watched myself get thinner and thinner.

You don't seem to like my idea, and that's fine. Right now I am well built, have a suitable eating habbit, I have no issues, and I am alive. As of this very moment I don't crave anything. You completely misunderstood me. I use olive oil and sunflower oil to cook, and I am happy. So why must you insult my ways without even knowing the rest of the story? I am simply trying to give advice to the OP. Damn man, what's wrong with you?
    Im going to say it again since it obviously wasnt enough.
    The goal of weight loss is to become healthy, not lose the weight with retarded diets.

Deleted
    Im going to say it again since it obviously wasnt enough.
    The goal of weight loss is to become healthy, not lose the weight with retarded diets.
    Are you implying that i am sick? Or can you not read? I am HEALTHY. How difficult is it to understand that eating what I did is as close to healthy as it gets? Are you having some material grasping problems?

What's your problem? I am not forcing my way upon you, I am simply sharing information. Seriously, you are one stubborn and persistent individual. I don't have time for this.

Deleted
    Are you implying that i am sick? Or can you not read? I am HEALTHY. How difficult is it to understand that eating what I did is as close to healthy as it gets? Are you having some material grasping problems?

What's your problem? I am not forcing my way upon you, I am simply sharing information. Seriously, you are one stubborn and persistent individual. I don't have time for this.
    You need to calm down.

Deleted
    You need to calm down.
    And I think you need to remember that you are exactly like that about weight lifting.

Deleted
    You need to calm down.
    I am calm. You just pushed this matter further than you had to. I simply shared my method. I did not say that I am right and everything else is wrong. This is the problem when people donn't know what others know. Just take it with a grain of salt and move on. Jeez.

Quote Originally Posted by Emil93W View Post
    There's no 'easy' way to lose weight. I was 99kg (190cm) 3 months ago, but with support from family and friends. I lost 17kgs (I know weigh 82kg), I'm 19 btw, and probably gained 5kgs in muscles, by going to the gym 3times a week, consisting of 30min cardio (15min x2) and 30min weight lifting 2 times a week, and 50min running 1 time a week. I also took 20min walks everyday. I was on a LCHF diet, my meals consisted of salad and healthy meat (chicken, fish all that stuff) and drinking water.
    I don't think that starving yourself is a very healthy option, instead eat healthy food and go the gym atleast 2 times a week and take daily walks, also find a friend to go to the gym with. Tell your family and friends that you are comitting to this and they will support you in your decision. You have to be fully commited or you will just fall back to your regular routines, trust me I've tried plenty of times before.

I was really depressed aswell before (I've always been skinny since I was a kid, I started gaining weight when I was around 13yrs old) but when you start noticing that you're actually loosing weight, and other people noticing aswell, that depressiong will go away. You will get more confident, you will feel good about yourself. Now I feel bad when I DON'T get to workout.

Hope this helps, good luck to you!
    30 minutes of lifting is to short

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatbeaverlol View Post
    No, it isnt.

1 hour a day. 15 minutes of warm up, 15 minutes of cooldown.
    30 minutes of weight lifting in between.
    What do you expect to do in an hour that you can't do in 30 minutes? Take 3 minute rests between each set? That cools your muscles down and makes it difficult to keep lifting.
    Do you want to do a whole body workout? You should do upper body, lower body, and core on separate days. Or upper body and core and lower body on separate days.

The guy who posted this doesn't go to the gym enough, it should be 4-6 times a week, not 2-3.
    2-3 times a week, 30 minutes weight lifting is NOT enough, not for me at least, since there is not enough time to get a full body workout in. But the cardio will achieve your goal of weight loss and 30 minutes of weight lifting will as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonakat View Post
    1 hour a day. 15 minutes of warm up, 15 minutes of cooldown.
    30 minutes of weight lifting in between.
    What do you expect to do in an hour that you can't do in 30 minutes? Take 3 minute rests between each set? That cools your muscles down and makes it difficult to keep lifting.
    Do you want to do a whole body workout? You should do upper body, lower body, and core on separate days. Or upper body and core and lower body on separate days.

The guy who posted this doesn't go to the gym enough, it should be 4-6 times a week, not 2-3.
    2-3 times a week, 30 minutes weight lifting is NOT enough, not for me at least,
    since there is not enough time to get a full body workout in. But the cardio will achieve your goal of weight loss and 30 minutes of weight lifting will as well.
    Go read up on 5x5.

Go read up on 5x5.
    Have read up on it. That's for building muscle (unless I read wrong), which is something I shy away from for the most part.

I know how you feel, I'm in the same boat. But I have severe mental issues that hinder me from doing stuff. I don't do anything but play online games. I have tried to get out and do stuff. I started college, but then a little voice in my head tormented me that nothing I try to do will accomplish anything, so I dropped out. I've been alone for 7 years, so my issues just keep getting worse, but lately my rage has been taking over.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    My first advice to you hun, would be go see your doctor, they will beable to help you with all the areas that need looking at. With weight issues, it tends not to just be about being overweight, there are usually alot of other things that are the cause. Usually Mental health issues. (Depression etc)

The fact that you have reached out, is the first step, now you need to get the help you need through official channels that can actually deal with your situation and give you the support you need to make change.

Mental Health Therapist/Dietician/physiotherapist etc can all help you with the various problems that may be holding you back from being able to keep your feet firmly planted towards your goal.

I wish you goodluck, and let you know that you are not alone, many people suffer from similar, it's a long road but if you are willing and have that support you can do it!

Goodluck
    Wish my doctor would do that. I'm a fat guy, and because of issues in my life I'm highly depressed, insomnia, paranoid, stressed, anxiety, fatigue(have fun with this and insomnia, I'm to awake to sleep, and too tired to stay awake), rage issues as well. I went to my doctor about my issues, all he said was I'm fat and I should walk.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I know how you feel, I'm in the same boat. But I have severe mental issues that hinder me from doing stuff. I don't do anything but play online games. I have tried to get out and do stuff. I started college, but then a little voice in my head tormented me that nothing I try to do will accomplish anything, so I dropped out. I've been alone for 7 years, so my issues just keep getting worse, but lately my rage has been taking over.

Wish my doctor would do that. I'm a fat guy, and because of issues in my life I'm highly depressed, insomnia, paranoid, stressed, anxiety, fatigue(have fun with this and insomnia, I'm to awake to sleep, and too tired to stay awake), rage issues as well. I went to my doctor about my issues, all he said was I'm fat and I should walk.
    Find a new doctor, that one is insensitive.
    You know, you can change your eating habits on your own as well, and there are online classes if the issue was being around people.
    You can even work out in your room, do something like p90x or something similar. Don't be discouraged if you can't do the whole workout, you only have to build up to it!

Do you have a therapist? Or take any anti-psychotics?

I just hit my 100lb mark a week or so ago (down to 215 now).
    I approached it the same way people in AA do.
    Completely eliminated any junk food from my diet. No foods with significant added sugar (i.e. if more than ~10% of the calories come from added sugars then it's bad), no animal products, no eating out, only whole grains, no 'empty' calories, etc.
    I originally started by not actually eating meals, but instead eating one serving at a time (between 200-300 calories) constantly throughout the day (with at least an hour and a half between). I found that eased the cravings significantly, and has a massive psychological benefit, since the next "meal" is never very far away. This isn't a good long-term solution though, as it can be hard on your digestive system.
    When I hit 220lb not long ago I switched to the standard 3 meals a day with no snacking at all in-between, and it was a lot easier than I thought. Since I'm eating only healthy foods, the ~2600 calories I allow myself takes a lot of food to reach.

As long as you don't cheat the cravings for junk food don't take that long to subside. For me it was about a month or so. Your tastebuds also repair themselves and you can start tasting food how it's meant to taste (blasting them with sugar/fat/salt/etc constantly causes them to become less sensitive)... I rarely eat fruit now (it's not actually that healthy, vegetables/beans are way better for you), but the "unsweetened" applesauce I buy actually tastes incredibly sweet now, even sweeter than the "homestyle" used to taste with it's twice as many calories.

Oh and also, you're definitely underestimating your calorie intake. It takes at least 4000 calories/day to reach 500 lbs, and probably more since you've hit that high so young. You could do 3000/day and still lose weight quite quickly (~2lbs/week) without any exercise, though you'd have to reduce it further after you drop 100lbs or so to keep up the weight loss.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonakat View Post
    Have read up on it. That's for building muscle (unless I read wrong), which is something I shy away from for the most part.
    5x5 is for strenght I tried it and i didnt like it at all BUT i see people in comments on forums saying they gained mass with it.

Deleted
    5x5 is for strenght I tried it and i didnt like it at all BUT i see people in comments on forums saying they gained mass with it.
    Strength = Muscle. Muscle = Mass. Now, it doesnt mean you'll gain tons of mass like other programs, but it does add some mass.

Deleted
    Don't give up, just take each week by week, try not to look to far ahead and focus on now, I'm losing weight at the moment also, and before I always looked too far ahead wishful thinking how good it will be when I lost all the weight, but then I would have a bad week and not lose anything or maybe only half a pound and it was so hard to take, it really demoralises you, so I'v learned to work for that week and make the next weigh in day the challenge , to beat the week before, and not focus on what's to come in the many months ahead,

This has helped me as the week goes fast, and week by week the weight will come off and you will see results and be happy ( tho mine is on a standstill at the moment, but hopefully found the problem

good luck on your journey
    Last edited by mmocfed25d410f; 2013-02-18 at 01:55 PM.