Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Patch 5.2 - Warlock Island, New Heirloom Items Cost, Blue Posts, The Daily Blink

The Art of Blizzard Book Launch, What Item Would You Want to Have IRL?, Community Spotlight: 2012 Retrospective, "Holiday in Sanctuary" Giveaway

Patch 5.2 - Warlock Island
    It isn't clear where this island will be used, if at all, during the new Warlock quest line for green fire. The sky is similar to the one used in the Black Temple, where most of the quest line takes place. The second part of the Island is just a copy of the Maw of Neltharion.

Don't forget that this is not ready or intended to be previewed, is not a 100% accurate preview, and is likely to change before release.

Patch 5.2 - New Heirloom Items
    Patch 5.2 adds several new Heirloom items that scale to level 85. These are upgraded versions of current heirlooms and can be purchased with the old heirloom and Justice Points.

The Justice Points cost is the same as it is for the level 80 version. The new shields cost 2175 Justice Points.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    PTR Access – Known Issue
    We’re aware that some players are having connection issues when attempting to log into the Public Test Realm. We’re investigating the issue with our QA and development teams to resolve the problem.

Please be aware that our Customer Support department cannot assist with issues pertaining to PTR access, or upgrading your current PTR account's status. If you have an open ticket we’d appreciate you closing it and waiting for further updates here regarding resolution of the issue.

Thank you all for the reports and for your patience. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Patch 5.2 and Conquest Points
    As far as I can tell we still haven’t released information about when the current arena season will be over.

But whenever a season ends, Conquest Points usually reset, and get converted to Honor and/or gold when above the cap. You can probably expect the same thing to happen this time, but we’ll provide more exact information when we get closer to the end of the season.

Don't worry too much about it, we always put out some news whenever a PvP season is about to end with at least 1 or 2 weeks’ notice. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Elegon Hotfix
    This specific hotfix requires realm restarts, which have not happened since it went in. The fix should be picked up with maintenance next week. Sorry about the confusion! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

LFR to See Content
    If you're pressed for time and your goal is to see and experience raid content, LFR(Looking For Raid) is available and a relatively accessible way to experience that content. The item levels dropped from LFR isn't as high end as those from Heroic modes, but your character's item level doesn't have to be the sole barometer of how much fun you're having. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

What is the ETA for Stormwind and Orgrimmar Repairs?
    With the majority of stone and lumber being sent to the various war fronts for construction and repairs, there's essentially nothing left for the craftsmen to work with. In fact, the laborers seen toiling over the constructions are not actually doing anything. We've told them they can go home, or volunteer for Pandaria duty, but every day they climb up those ladders, and every day slowly hammer at boards and walls to no effect. They take their lunches in solitude, sometimes taking a break to stare at the sun, and at the end of their shift they climb down and go home.

They've repeated this every day for over two years. We're quite worried about them. Top men are currently investigating the possibility of providing them with twigs and small rocks with the belief that some progress may snap them out of it.

(Dave Kosak answered this today as well!) (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Patch 5.2 Release Date
    How many grunts must the Horde call upon
    Before patch five point two is here?
    Yes, 'n' how many troops must the Alliance train for war
    Before the Thunder King begins his reign?
    Yes, 'n' how many ales must be brewed in advance
    Before the Pandaren can be well supplied?
    The answer, my friend, is comin' soon indeed,
    The answer is comin' soon indeed. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Future
    How about next raid content? İt will be a equal quality with ulduar and sunwell?
    I'm pretty excited about it personally, but I don't want to overpromise anything. (Source)

Wasn't the Void Storage feature supposed to work WITH the Transmog, so we could transmog things that are in the Void Storage?
    It was designed to work the way it does, but not having to move stuff out of VS is a common request we're considering. (Source)

So, going by the information available as of now, 5.2 will once again be a 5 months wait?
    Was 5.1? (Source)
    5.1 was supposed to be launched with Mists. It was cut and "masked" as a patch to combat GW2. 5.2 isn't like that.
    I think you greatly overestimate our ability to hit a target date even if we paid that close attention to competitors. (Source)

2. try: is there a chance we will ever see flying combats / air pvp ? maybe as a bg or open world ?
    Pretty unlikely TBH. It would take huge changes to our combat engine. (Source)

Are you guys still kinda working on that thing that has spells land on different parts of the target's body?
    Yeah. It won't be anytime soon though. It's a big project. (Source)

What about the resource-collection part of the War Effort? That does't concentrate players in one spot.
    Yeah, the overall feel of that was pretty cool. Not sure farming Linen was, but a neat idea to revisit someday. (Source)

PvE
    You make raids for 2 or sometimes even 1 tank out of 25 people and wonder why there aren't more tanks...
    There were few tanks even back when the majority didn't raid. It's the responsibility IMO. (Source)

Why were the fully raid buffed DPS dummies not implemented on live servers - only PTR? Intention behind this?
    We don't want players to obsess with theoretical DPS. Who wins a target dummy doesn't actually mean anything. On PTR it's to help us. (Source)
    But that's punishing the theory crafters who hate using sims but would rather the real thing; over a dumb epeen contest
    I'd argue that the dumb contest would do more damage to the game than better theorycrafting would bring. (Source)

LFR is awful. What happened to encouraging people to do content with friends and guild? Another blow to alts as well.
    I 100% believe you will have more fun and stick with the game longer if you play with friends. LFR is for when you can't. (Source)

also do you have anything in mind for pvp power to enhance heals outside instances? world-pvp being so important now
    Unless something changed recently, PvP Power does enhance heals in the outdoor world. Just not in instances. (Source)

linear progression was the worst idea you ever could return to.. you leave behind lots of alt-players and returners.
    We understand that. But the alternative is that other players feel their accomplishments have no meaning if rapid catch up exists. (Source)

The Daily Blink
    The Daily Blink tries their hand at writing a children's book!

Last edited by chaud; 2013-01-05 at 11:59 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, so if we want the upgraded heirlooms, we need to have the old one plus another 2175-3500 JP. That's a little annoying.

Deleted
    What they need to do is increase the JP reward..

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mildennais View Post
    Wait, so if we want the upgraded heirlooms, we need to have the old one plus another 2175-3500 JP. That's a little annoying.
    grindy mmo is grindy?
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Holy shit those heirlooms are expensive... Couldn't they at least be to 90 then?

Heirlooms change is really really dumb... an extra 3500 per for 5 more levels of heirlooms.... that's... just ..dumb

It's nice that they are giving people with nothing to spend their JP on something to do. But for altoholics like me, the cost of JP for heirlooms is too damn high.

Deleted
    So this is what Shadowmoon Valley would look like if it was made in 2012, huh?

Agreed on the heirloom complaints, as someone who has all of the JP ones it's insane to expect to have to pay full cost + the old one again. Even half the cost would be too much given the time invested in obtaining that many JP with how slow JP are to get in MoP

10+ Year Old Account
    surely you would of thought that all currently owned heirlooms would be automatically upgraded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow.
    2k+ JP for a bonus 5 levels on a 2k+ heirloom already.
    Does blizzard realise how god damn hard JP is to get.

Must be some kind of sick joke.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    People with heirlooms already should get the upgrade to the new ones. Buying a second set of all the heirloom items i have would take forever and a day with current JP farming. Now if they add something like spending 1000JP/500VP on the item to upgrade it from old to new, that might be ok.

the warlock island looks absolute horrible...

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of makes me not want to get the new heirlooms, you'll spend more time farming the required currency than you would leveling those 5 levels, surely it won't go live like that!!

Why don't they make it so if you have the old version, you could trade up to the new ones, if not, then pay the silly shiny new, higher, price.
    Last edited by Blockygame; 2013-01-05 at 12:18 PM.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    With how slow it is to gain JP these days it would take me way longer to obtain all the JP to upgrade the heirlooms than it would to just simply level without them the extra five levels. Must indeed be some kind of sick joke. Here's to hoping they lower the cost, by at least 50%.

JP is harder to get than VP at this time in game. Looks like I will not be getting any of those heirlooms.

Good luck getting people to trade in their old heirlooms plus half JP cap to get the same thing they have that lasts 5 more levels. What a joke.
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2013-01-05 at 12:56 PM.

Fix the heirlooms, they were alot cheaper in WotLK, JP farming is really lame and some Dungeons have long encounters that you can't really push even with good dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont think id bother with heirlooms at that price. 80-85 isnt that bad anymore anyway through dungeons. 1-80 would still be worth it, but i have all those.

With the introduction of shields and the OH, surely we can expect a 1h sword or dagger aimed at casters?