Little help with a new PC

Hello everybody,
    the title says everthing..... I've already choose 90% of the components for a new PC.
    I'm going to use it for gaiming (Actually only WOW).
    Only the graph card is missing and I really need help.
    Here what I have and what I would like to buy:
    I will use the PSU (550w), HHD (500GB) and DVD/CD R/W I have now.
    Case:Case Midi Tower Cooler Master K-350 USB3
    Mother board:Scheda Madre AsRock H77 PRO4/MVP Socket 1155 DDR3 SATA3 USB3 ATX
    CPU:CPU Intel Core i5-3470 3,2GHz Socket 1155 con GPU Ivy Bridge Boxed
    RAM:.RAM DDR3 G.Skill Ares F3-1333C9D-8GAO 1333MHz 8GB (2x4GB)
    SSD:SSD Crucial RealSSD M4 64GB SATA3

And now th Card.....I know that generally speaking the more you spend the better it is but please take in account that up to now I used a NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT and that the budget should be (Ideally) less than 200€
    I've looked at the AMD Radeon HD 7870 but I don't know if there is something better inside this price level.
    I've also thought about an ASUS or gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Ti (spending 50€) but I wonder if it's worth to spend more for the usage I'm doing...
    Of course I also need to consider the future after WOW MOP (will I be able to play in 2-3 years with a new "WOW").
    What do you guys suggest?

Thank you

10+ Year Old Account
    A few things.

1) The 660ti is probably your best bet. The 7870 and 660ti are comparable cards, however nVidia cards just work better playing wow specifically.
    2) You might want to consider getting the 3570K for $30 more. It's slightly better, and the easy overclocking ability makes it even better.
    3) I'd recommend getting DDR3 1600 ram. It's cheaper and better.
    4) I would HIGHLY recommend getting at -least- a 128gb drive. WoW is pushing 30gb these days (There are ways to reduce that, but it takes a little work). Add in your OS, and a few programs, and a few other games, and your drive is going to start hurting. I bought a 256gb, thinking that way WAY too much... And found out all my programs alone took up 170gb.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    A few things.

1) The 660ti is probably your best bet. The 7870 and 660ti are comparable cards, however nVidia cards just work better playing wow specifically.
    2) You might want to consider getting the 3570K for $30 more. It's slightly better, and the easy overclocking ability makes it even better.
    3) I'd recommend getting DDR3 1600 ram. It's cheaper and better.
    4) I would HIGHLY recommend getting at -least- a 128gb drive. WoW is pushing 30gb these days (There are ways to reduce that, but it takes a little work). Add in your OS, and a few programs, and a few other games, and your drive is going to start hurting. I bought a 256gb, thinking that way WAY too much... And found out all my programs alone took up 170gb.
    seconded atleast get a 120/128 gb ssd.
    going for a i5-3570k is likely pushing out of your budget but would be worthwhile for future upgrade. (the aftermarket cooler could be added later
    )

Thank you for the advise...
    Regarding the ssd my idea was to install just the OS there. All the other programs, wow included , will be on HHD.
    I thought at first about I5 3570k but I really don't have any idea how to overclock.
    Should I reconsider a geforce 650ti instead of a 660ti?

10+ Year Old Account
    Regarding the ssd my idea was to install just the OS there. All the other programs, wow included , will be on HHD.
    Honestly, if you we're going to get an SSD, you either go whole hog or not. All programs should go on the SSD, if you have one.
    I thought at first about I5 3570k but I really don't have any idea how to overclock.
    It's pretty easy these days. With a Z77 board and 3570K, it's usually as simple as going into the BIOS and kicking up the multiplier from 34x to 40x or something, given proper cooling (Which I believe you have). I should have noted, in recommending the 3570K, you'll need a Z77 board, but there isn't really a price difference between them.
    Should I reconsider a geforce 650ti instead of a 660ti?
    If you mean in regard to saving money, I'd consider a 660 (non-ti) first. The 660ti can pretty much eat anything thrown at it, as long as you aren't live streaming while Folding, and making potato pancakes. I have a 660, and so far I haven't found anything that makes it work really hard. The 650ti is about 2 notches below the 660, and might start to chug on Ultra with games.

I should add, I have a 3570K, and I don't overclock, mainly because I haven't had a need to. (It was the same price as the non-K at the time, and I wanted the OC option should I later go for it) If money is an issue, you can certainly get a 660, an i5 3470, and still have a very rockin system. I see a lot of people upgrading right now to lesser systems. I'll be honest, WoW is getting long in the tooth as far as technology goes, so a halfway decent system can, and will continue to kick the crap out of it for years to come. There are a couple things (shadow, 4xAA) that might make FPS drop below 60fps... But honestly, I looked at High and Ultra settings, and literally could not see a difference.
    Last edited by chazus; 2013-01-11 at 09:54 AM.

Thank you Chazus,
    considering what you told I'm going for a larger SSD and the i5 3470.
    Than depending of what I have in the pocket a 660 or 660 ti

Thank you to all.

10+ Year Old Account
    considering what you told I'm going for a larger SSD and the i5 3470.
    Than depending of what I have in the pocket a 660 or 660 ti
    Regardless of which video card you choose, I think you'll be much happier with the overall selection of other hardware.