Deleted

Combat Text numbers & ElvUI

First of all, I'm not sure this has to do with ElvUI - that's just my assumption from having used Parrot (my damage text addon) for a long time - even now.

My problem is that despite what I do with the options, no damage numbers will show up over my target's head. I don't really know what else I need to share, so if anyone's made any wiser by this, please share.

Remember, when you apply changes to activate/deactivate "head-over-dmg", you need to restart wow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyttis View Post
    Remember, when you apply changes to activate/deactivate "head-over-dmg", you need to restart wow.
    I've had the option activated for months without seeing it, so I don't think that's the problem.

I've never used Parrot(I've always use MSBT) so I don't know that addons options. So if I understand your question right, you want the standard Blizzard Floating Combat Text enabled in WoW's default options. Esc -> Interfacr -> Floating Combat Text -> enable combat text on target.

ElvUI doesn't do anything with combat texts except change the font the Blizzard one uses. (Which requires a full closure and relaunch to take effect)

Hope that helps, if not provide more info please

Deleted
    After some testing, I noticed that it's actually Parrot that's the culprit. I tried fiddling with Parrot's options, but I can't get any results. I have enabled combat text, and that does not do anything at all when the addon's active.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Parrot internally disables Blizzard's floating combat text - if Parrot is on, built-in FCT won't work.

The newest version of Parrot enabled per-spec triggers, among other things - maybe those aren't flagging right?