Glyph of healthstone vs siphon life for pvp

Title says it, has anyone simmed it? Which is better in a bg and arena say if you are a mid fighter due to cooldown? Stories or experiences....Thanks so much guys, much much appreciated

Deleted
    Dark Regeneration + Glyph of Healthstone is probably big. I would never use Siphon Life in PVP or anywhere for that matter. When it starts stacking a shield in 5.2 it will probably become OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say Healthstone Glyph is situational, and likely to depend on your composition. It applies a HoT, which while decent, can be pretty comfortably burst through if you're being focused, whereas the instant hit from Healthstone I think in the current game is much more likely to be effective. Siphon Life though is just questionable anyway while burst is so high.

Deleted
    siphon life in bg or rated bg can heal a lot, if you spread your corruption upon all the target. Is pointless in arena. Healttone gliph is great if u have time to trinket away from stune and go los in some way (in arena)

Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    Dark Regeneration + Glyph of Healthstone is probably big. I would never use Siphon Life in PVP or anywhere for that matter. When it starts stacking a shield in 5.2 it will probably become OP.
    Isn't that just Soul Leech?

Dark Regen + Glyphed HS is the only choice for Arena, duels, and random BGs. Rated you can make some arguments, but the healing tier isn't that important in rateds anyway.

Pop DR/HS for a 70% heal, which pretty much keeps you alive through a healer CC or acts as a LoH in a 1v1 situation. If you're saccing a VW, the shield makes it scale even higher.

HS glyph is essential. Anyone who tells you otherwise is inexperienced, clueless or trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    HS glyph is essential. Anyone who tells you otherwise is inexperienced, clueless or trolling.
    It's not.
    For arena it is, but for RBG and normal BG it's not. I use siphon life over healthstone glyph myself for my affliction RBG spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by syphonlife View Post
    Title says it, has anyone simmed it?
    What, simmed a healing glyph in pvp? I've never been more baffled.

Healthstone glyph I'd consider mandatory, it's too huge of a heal in pvp to not want in your arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    What, simmed a healing glyph in pvp? I've never been more baffled.

Healthstone glyph I'd consider mandatory, it's too huge of a heal in pvp to not want in your arsenal.
    Don't say that. They will just nerf the glyph now to make sure all other major glyphs can compete. Or just toss a coin to decide if it should just become baseline. Haven't been able to figure out that part yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Don't say that. They will just nerf the glyph now to make sure all other major glyphs can compete. Or just toss a coin to decide if it should just become baseline. Haven't been able to figure out that part yet.
    Meh, after battle fatigue and with every single team having a warrior with mortal strike now, the heal is a bit mehhh. If you know you won't get focused, like in RBG, there's no real point in taking it.
    Gonna be even more fun when rogues start reducing our self healing even more. Nonetheless, I really wouldn't mind if they just made it baseline, or at least made battle fatigue not affect our self healing since it's really retarded.

Yep, we do have a lot of things going for us now but there's still some big concerns like how we rely so much on our defensives being gimped self-heals and Sac Pact getting ripped off us in two globals from warriors even if it says its a 400k absorb. Affliction can do some insane pressure but being a glass cannon is just not that fun when you run into a competent team.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Eh, maybe I should have phrased that better - personally mandatory, it has enough of a drawback in the form of it being a HOT as opposed to instant heal that I think it's pretty well balanced - I think it's about as "mandatory" in pvp as the COE glyph is for affliction - it's got enough of a drawback that it makes you think about it, but depending on playstyle you will find players who, on a personal level, would never not take it. It's close enough that I'd worry about it's viability if nerfed.

I don't think that's a flaw, especially in pvp.

I'd hate to see it removed - Glyph of Healthstone is one of the few glyphs that I think really strikes a nice balance between strength and drawback - there were plenty of times in early MOP where I'd pop my healthstone too late and it being a HOT as opposed to instant would result in my death - so the drawback is certainly feels like it exists.

Not sure I like the idea of healthstones being a HOT as baseline and I thankfully doubt blizzard would make that kind of change.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2013-01-12 at 02:33 AM.