Thread: No flying 5.2

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    Well, if you don't like fighting in warcraft I would argue your opinion is kinda weird, why play if you want to avoid combat, seems odd.
    I only play for server firsts and power creep. Everything else is meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if you don't like fighting in warcraft I would argue your opinion is kinda weird, why play if you want to avoid combat, seems odd.
    PVP is not the only form of combat. Warcraft doesn't specifically just mean Alliance and Horde either. It contains that and other threats around the world. Essentially you are asking to take away Flying mounts because of your PVP. What about those that don't even bother with PVP? Are they to just be out of luck because of your own selfish desires?

I only play for server firsts and power creep. Everything else is meh.

I'm in agreence with you until now.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    I'm against removing flying mounts. Want a reason for this? Let's take it like that, you pay blizzard and you like to pvp, even in the world, ok you deserve it because you are a paying customer and have fun with it, I don't mind. But on the other hand me and a lot of others are paying customers too, we want to finish our dailies and not get ganked by 2-3 ppl at the same time while fighting 2 mobs and making me logout because it's no fun being killed and spat on... Are you saying that you can ruin my fun when we both pay the game to enjoy it? That's selfish and stupid, want real pvp? Organize wpvp events like many do or go do Rbgs and arenas where you need REAL SKILL to be the winner.

Also I love flying mounts (and probably many others), we worked hard to get them and we want to spend time flying with them around the zones and enjoying the scenery from a better PoV or just plainly show them off in shrine of the 7/2 moons and stormwind. I loved pandaria lvling and I can accept no flying mounts for lvling but... the whole lvling experience is "smothering" imo and I wanted (even with my first character) to lvl asap so I could get out of this tiring experience. I don't know even ONE person that didn't say "Finally I can fly again!".

If you want to use your ground mounts then go ahead and freaking use them and pvp with like-minded individuals... you deserve it for the money you pay blizzard to deliver a satisfying game but leave me alone on my flying mount away from you and having fun with ppl that don't make a dungeon group and stabbing me at the back with 50% health, no cds and fighting mobs... This is just pathetic and if you can't admit it I feel sorry for you

Finally... to all people who always say "You should have rolled on a PvE server" or "This is a PvP server you scrub l2p" or "Transfer to a PvE realm then". I have an answer for these - I am a female and I have never had a big interest in video games aside from 1-2 I tried prior to wow so I didn't know what PvP and PvE standed for neither did I want to do a research when I first created my character because you know... I was a new player, I just wanted to try the game. About transfering... sure, pay for it and I'm gone else don't talk.

On another note, I can live with it but I would prefer more freedom in future zones...
    Last edited by mmoc2a7830ed1a; 2013-01-11 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    You shouldn't really compare Skyrim to WoW. You also shouldn't force your view of immersion and opinion down people's throats.
    He asked why people hate on flying mounts, I give my opinion, if that's "forcing down your throat", don't come to any forum ever.
    But you're right wow and skyrim are diffrent in many ways, but my point stands.

Let's say you can fly in raids, and skip everything and fly right to the end boss,kill, loot and fly back to the entrance.
    Some concept as the warcraft mountain with a questmob on top, diffrence is you get epic loot from the raid.

Do you not see why this makes the tasks you're given less of gameplay experience?

It's also weird you didn't really adress anything I said. You disagree that fighting your way up the mountain is a lesser gameeperience thene simply flying up? Would be nice to know why.
    This is such a silly comparison.

You do realize that in Skyrim, after climbing that mountain once, I can INSTANTLY TELEPORT BACK TO IT? WoW is actually less convenient, because while leveling, not only am I limited to the ground and having to fight my way up that mountain (possible multiple times), but I can't just open a map and hit a button to suddenly be sitting five hundred miles across the map instantly. Even when I do get my flying mount, I still for the most part actually have to spend time flying there, which can be considered more immersive then map teleporting.

PVP is not the only form of combat. Warcraft doesn't specifically just mean Alliance and Horde either. It contains that and other threats around the world. Essentially you are asking to take away Flying mounts because of your PVP. What about those that don't even bother with PVP? Are they to just be out of luck because of your own selfish desires?
    I said nothing about pvp, fighting your way up a mountain filled with mobs is combat aswell, wich you avoid entirely aswell .(apart the one thing that gives questcredit)

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's say you can fly in raids, and skip everything and fly right to the end boss,kill, loot and fly back to the entrance.
    Some concept as the warcraft mountain with a questmob on top, diffrence is you get epic loot from the raid.

Do you not see why this makes the tasks you're given less of gameplay experience?
    Talk about a strawman. You cannot even fly in a raid dungeon. At most a ground mount for certain areas but that is it. I wouldn't want to fly in a raid zone anyways. I don't think it is necessary. If you can't use anything other then hypotheticals, I don't think you have the best argument in the world.

I said nothing about pvp, fighting your way up a mountain filled with mobs is combat aswell, wich you avoid entirely aswell .(apart the one thing that gives questcredit)
    Well that is essentially what a lot of posters are griping about. And again Skyrim is A VERY POOR comparision to WoW. It is just really bad to use. You'd be better off using Guild Wars II.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm highly surprised anyone expected anything else. Pretty much every instanced/closed off daily hub since the Isle of Quel'Danas was ground only.

The zones are too small to really need flying, and the possibility of being ganked is, as always, determined by the server you chose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Oh god yes.

Gonna gank Envy big time.
    why?
    10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Enjoyed exploring Isle of the Thunder King today on the PTR - all those mountains and just the general hostility / ancient-ness of the place really dawns on you when you have to find your own way in and around it.

Good there's no flying here, but I still like it in the rest of WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Even Blizzard said flying mounts were a failure, so stop saying the issues stem from the players oO Just because you are lazy and want to feel safe 24/7 in the world of WARcraft, doesnt mean everyone likes it.
    Yeah, I'm still trying to wrap my head around how flying mounts were a failure, especially considering the expansion that introduced them was rife with wpvp on most well populated servers well before IQD was created. Flying mounts aren't really the issue, it's the community first begging for them then praising blizzard for the wonderful job they did, whining about the costs of epic flying and 310 flying and then suddenly with MoP a lot of players and blizzard devs cursing they were ever made over the fallacy concept that is world pvp.

I'm sorry to all you wpvper's out there, but ganking is a terrible concept, group raiding in a quest and daily zone is even more of a horrible idea and if CRZ was ever activated on pandaria for 90/10 servers like mine it would be constant rape fest and would never produce any production besides the "fun" some people have when running around in full malev gear killing pve geared players. Forcing this wpvp back down the player's throats is akin to cataclysm forcing hard 5 man's down our throat's with randoms. It's getting old, boring, stale and very very unpleasant for a lot of players. (And don't vocal minority crap me, it was the vocal minority that was screaming that wpvp be brought back.)

As for the island, I just hope we don't have to spend god awful amounts of time running from quest to quest like Tol Barad. If they are to do this right, short quick and to the point like Molten Front and IQD.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2013-01-11 at 09:49 PM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

That odd, masochistic part of me will honestly really enjoy trying to stealthily make my way towards raid, if necessary. That, or gathering up 15 guildies before raid and just straight up murdering anybody who stands in our way as we head there.

Talk about a strawman. You cannot even fly in a raid dungeon. At most a ground mount for certain areas but that is it. I wouldn't want to fly in a raid zone anyways. I don't think it is necessary. If you can't use anything other then hypotheticals, I don't think you have the best argument in the world.
    I know you can't fly in raids, that's the point.
    If you avoid all danger in your quest up untill the final objective, it makes the whole quest far less interesting.

Forget skyrim, I just pointed it out because pretty much everyone knows that mountain, couldn't think of a more famous one.

Fine, a wow example.

Let's say a mogu leader needs slaying, he's the leader, and aaaall the way back at the end of a mogu ruin, with guards all over the place.

Without flying mounts you'd need to watch your step carefully or fight your way, slaying quite a few of his guards, and thene kill him, and get back out.

With flying mounts you land on his head, blow all cd's and fly off.

Not a huge diffrence for some quests, bigger for others, but if you do this for every quest, it's just a lesser game experience.

I know you can't fly in raids, that's the point.
    If you avoid all danger in your quest up untill the final objective, it makes the whole quest far less interesting.

Forget skyrim, I just pointed it out because pretty much everyone knows that mountain, couldn't think of a more famous one.

Fine, a wow example.

Let's say a mogu leader needs slaying, he's the leader, and aaaall the way back at the end of a mogu ruin, with guards all over the place.

Without flying mounts you'd need to watch your step carefully or fight your way, slaying quite a few of his guards, and thene kill him, and get back out.

Not a huge diffrence sure, but if you do this for every quest, it's just a lesser game experience.
    Well... while leveling/questing in MoP, you couldn't fly, so that's actually exactly what we did, we fought our way towards our objectives. A lot of the level 90 quest objectives have been in places we can't fly, either, like caves or half-buried ruins.

10+ Year Old Account

Sounds ancedotal. I hardly do that with dailies and quests.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Just think of the people who play on a server where its 90% horde or 90% alliance...

the lesser faction would produce immense amounts of QQ
    im on a server where alliance is 99% with a ratio of 1 alliance player to every .01 horde

heck ive even seen servers that have a 1-.00 ratio

i thought blizz was supposed to have balance to server population ratios

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    One of the other thing that irritates me about the no-flying zones, apart from having spent all of the gold expansion after expac to re-learn flying, and paying for the increased flight speed, and not even being allowed to use it, is that many mounts just flat out can't be used if it is a no-flying zone.

In Wrath, I mostly used some drake or another as my preferred mount, depending on whatever each character had available to them.

But by Firelands in Cata, I got sick of having to have one preferred mount to fly and one preferred mount to ride on the ground, despite almost all of the flying mounts having a perfectly functioning walk/run animation, and have gravitated pretty much exclusively to mounts that can be used at all times.

And it can't be that drakes and such are "too" big to be used as land mounts, because they gave us Mammoths and crap that are far worse than any ridable drake.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenia View Post
    I'm against removing flying mounts. Want a reason for this? Let's take it like that, you pay blizzard and you like to pvp, even in the world, ok you deserve it because you are a paying customer and have fun with it, I don't mind. But on the other hand me and a lot of others are paying customers too, we want to finish our dailies and not get ganked by 2-3 ppl at the same time while fighting 2 mobs and making me logout because it's no fun being killed and spat on...
    If you don't want flying removed I find you have every reason to say so.
    But if you do not like getting ganked and this is your reason, it's simply a bad reason.

Since you DID chose the wrong server type. You having no idea what eighter ment is no excuse, it's selfish, it's wanting the world to be safer because you didn't have a clue that you picked the dangerous one, and thene calling the people who like the dangerous world "pathetic".

Do not go into the wrong server type and thene judge the people who picked the right one, it's "pathetic", as you would say.

Deleted
    So many selfish idiots who want the game to be a single player experience even though they rolled on a PvP server.

My earliest memories of the game were being ganked by a higher level player as I tried to work out how to complete some quest I was on. It was annoying and bewildering, but at the same time inspiring. I wanted to be as powerful as the person attacking me. I was a lowly peasant with grand aspirations. That is what the game has always been about for me, on a PvP server it is brutal and unforgiving and it should be. Any person complaining about being ganked on a PvP server is the scum of the earth and should have their accounts revoked by Blizzard for being so horrifically ignorant and self-centered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vital View Post
    So many selfish idiots who want the game to be a single player experience even though they rolled on a PvP server.

My earliest memories of the game were being ganked by a higher level player as I tried to work out how to complete some quest I was on. It was annoying and bewildering, but at the same time inspiring. I wanted to be as powerful as the person attacking me. I was a lowly peasant with grand aspirations. That is what the game has always been about for me, on a PvP server it is brutal and unforgiving and it should be. Any person complaining about being ganked on a PvP server is the scum of the earth and should have their accounts revoked by Blizzard for being so horrifically ignorant and self-centered.

A lot of insults in that argument of yours.

Warrior-Magi