Thread: No flying 5.2

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Just think of the people who play on a server where its 90% horde or 90% alliance...

the lesser faction would produce immense amounts of QQ
    I guess if you rolled a character of the 10% faction on a PvP server, then you deserve to be ganked repeatedly.

I'm on a PvE server, so this Isle will be just annoying to me. Flying is de uei!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zshikara View Post
    That's awesome. Now if only they'd remove flying from the rest of the game.

disclaimer: I don't care at all about wpvp. I want the removal of flying mounts for pve reasons.
    Not going to happen But you know, you could always not use a flying mount, pretty much the same thing.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Well...... Flying won't go away. But flying was the biggest nerf ever put into the game......
    It wouldn't be a nerf to remove it.
    Nerf = weaken something
    And in the process they would piss off a lot of people. I really wonder what you have against flying mounts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Just think of the people who play on a server where its 90% horde or 90% alliance...

the lesser faction would produce immense amounts of QQ
    We make up about 95% of my server, the Alliance isn't going to be happy about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Even Blizzard said flying mounts were a failure, so stop saying the issues stem from the players oO Just because you are lazy and want to feel safe 24/7 in the world of WARcraft, doesnt mean everyone likes it.
    GC said this during Twitter which pretty much represents only his opinion, it is very possible that the majority of the dev's disagree.

And same applies for your opinion, not everyone agrees with being unable to use flying mounts.

The majority of time in wow spent by me is: raiding, pvp and dailies.

For PvP and PvE i obviously can't use flying mounts, for dailies i could use them, IF flying Mounts were supposed to be merely convienent to shorten the time of long travels, then Ground Mounts should be the Mounts that are used more often right?

Then why are Flying Mounts actually considered as more "prestigé"?

During Wotlk and Cata you could get the following ground mounts through Raid / PvP:

Swift Horde Wolf / Alliance Steed (TotGC 10man)
    Crusader Black / White Horse
    RBG Mount
    Alysrazor Mount

3 Raid Mounts and a single PvP Mount.

How many Flying Mounts were added during this time?
    How many Ground mounts were added with MoP as PvP / Raid Reward? How many Cloud Serpents got added with MoP?

IF Blizzard wants to remove flying Mounts, they should start to design NEW Ground Mounts instead of adding Flying mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    In that case then Blizz should remove ground mounts as well since some of them obscure quest NPC's too. The Mammoth mounts and the Grand Expo Yak are a some of the offenders. So if you are going to blame Flying mounts for that then blame ground mounts as well.
    Good lord..... People don't want to remove mounts.... Well, maybe a few short minded want to - people want ANY mounts being unable to obstruct. Hence why people request auto dismount on interaction. Is that so hard to understand now?
    No one even blames the mounts for the problem... The people who can't interact properly, or love to obstruct purposely are the problem.
    Invisible interaction walls, like with the Valor/JP vendors in Org, bam... problem solved.
    Dismount on interaction = bam problem solved. That mechanic isn't even something new, but rather often in the game, yet it's just not everywhere in the game.

That's awesome. Now if only they'd remove flying from the rest of the game.

disclaimer: I don't care at all about wpvp. I want the removal of flying mounts for pve reasons.
    Ye that would be awesome, them wed only take like half a million years to do anything whatsoever in game cause traveling from one en to the other of a region would take freaking forever.

I facepalm everytime I see coments like this about flying mounts really.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I have seen, the island looks fairly small so I don't really see an issue with only using ground mounts. Fun for PvP servers and just means the rest of us have to do a tiny bit more running, nothing major.
    Agreed. I didn't mind Quel'danas, Lol-Barad or Molten front. If the new isle is similar in size, no harm done, let the PvPer have their fun.

So we went from mounts being an issue to now you're giving us ways to fix the problem. Could you try and get your entire point out.
    Imho Blizzard should auto dismount you as soon as you engage a quest NPC. Much like they do with flight masters. It's at times super annoying to fish out that Nameplate belonging to the NPC in question b/c some moron want to show off his proto drake.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope that won't make live.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Oh deep joy, I hate being grounded.

Dazed off your mount, pulling adds you don't want to fight on your way to a distant questing spot. Questing takes at least twice as long.

Not really a fan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    God damn people can't be serious that 15 more minutes are gonna kill them.
    If you only have an hour to play each day, 15 minutes of EXTRA travel time is a huge issue. We're not all lucky enough to have hours upon hours of free time every day.

They changed the strength of guards for PvP servers, so they are able to have different rules for different server types. Let them ban flying on PvP servers so they can gank as much as they want, and keep it in on PvE servers. Everyone happy.

Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    Its hilarious that so many people are crying about takin more time to do dailies, maybe you see the game as a fuckin game instead of work and school you want to get out as soon as possible.

God damn people can't be serious that 15 more minutes are gonna kill them.
    15 minutes of nothing of any significance actually happening.

15 minutes of running around and making things longer than they have to be.

Yeah, you're not getting the point here!

And how does making people have to take MORE time to do things that are ALREADY seen as work become not work when they have to take even MORE time to do something they don't necessarily want to do to begin with (seriously, MORE dailies? What is Blizz's obsession with dailies this xpac?)?

EDIT: I agree with others on here: this whole thing of people hating to fly and them wanting it completely removed is ridiculous and is based on something that never happened (where's the Blue post that brought this up as their bane), and is something the PVPers want to force on PVEers because they seem to hate them for whatever Godforsaken reason they have.

I've never understood why PVP realms think that PVEers are not real WoW players. They pay the same 15 bucks a month you do? Why should they not be able to play the way they want to? Why do they have to pay AND have you force your way to play onto them? You whine constantly about raids being nerfed, and yet you want to see things like this happen because you want to have an easier time being elitist pricks and ganking lowbies? Thought you wanted this game to be harder!

It's a hatred and request that's born from elitism, is not thought through, it underlines PvPer's unreasonable hatred for PvE players, and is based on something that more or less never happened.

And you can add this to the millions of other stupid things people bitch about in this game constantly.
    Last edited by darkpower; 2013-01-11 at 02:13 PM.
    I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space, with the tuning fork, does a raw blink on Hari-Kari rock! I need scissors! 61!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    And in the process they would piss off a lot of people. I really wonder what you have against flying mounts?
    Nothing... Where did I ever say that?
    I support auto dismount... and I don't have a problem when I cannot resort to flyers in certain zones.
    When I started playing I couldn't fly before I was level 70, or 68 on my druid. I couldn't ride before level 40. And it was no problem at all.
    I can adapt to every situation, and don't have to cry why Blizzard doesn't let me fly around now for a few levels. Probably because I am of a rather rare breed nowadays. I've grew up with the principle of getting something requires efforts. And today, there's a whole bunch of the community who wants everything as easy as it possibly gets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every time this topic comes up I wait for someone to give a cogent argument explaining how flying mounts are "ruining the game". I'm still waiting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I have no objection to that really. It already happens when you interact with a flight master, shouldn't be all that hard to extend it to at least city NPCs.
    Bingo
    Anecdotal... My druid is an enchanter. Flight form and enchanting varied all the time. Currently, I can disenchant in FF, but I have to get out of it when I enchant.

just delete flying mounts off pvp servers and get it over with
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I guess if you rolled a character of the 10% faction on a PvP server, then you deserve to be ganked repeatedly.

I'm on a PvE server, so this Isle will be just annoying to me. Flying is de uei!
    So you deserve getting ganked just because you made a Char 7-8 Years ago on a full Balanced Server that is getting empty on one Side now.

yeah makes perfect sense

If they remove flying in the Zones i want my Gold back i spend for flying

Oh and please stop forcing your shit on others.. Majority in WoW loves flying

Deleted
    I want the removal of flying mounts for pve reasons.
    There are none....

hopefully they make thunder island and all of pandaria crz-zones then finally too...

I hate that! Why no flying? I want do do my chores I mean dailys asap not killing useless trash every day to reach the objectives.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The game isn't instantly better without flying mounts. This is where you try turn your opinion into a fact.
    I'm not sure where I'm trying to state my opinions as facts, but ok. If you say so.

At any rate, while there certainly is room for personal opinion in what someone finds fun and what isn't fun, there are also things which are proven to be generally good game design choices. Flying mounts and what they entail is not one of them. Or well, they were back in TBC, when they were expensive and only given at the very end of your journey. But now that they're an expected part of your repetoire from a relatively early point of your journey through the game, they're pretty terrible.

Essentially, games (and RPGs in particular) are about gaining power. Journeying through the world, struggling against enemies, getting stronger as a result. One of the rewards for your struggles is the power gain itself, and the relative strength you now have against those foes you struggled against previously. It's rewarding to be able to go back and destroy the enemies who gave you a hard time previously. On a similar note, flying works into this by being the reward for struggling through on foot at first. Instead of taking ages to travel, you can now fly over everything with ease. Great!

Except now, you get rewarded with flying far too early, at level 60. 1-59 really doesn't take long. So now, instead of being a reward, it's an expected part of the game. Except in this form, flying doesn't work, because it removes a lot of the struggle, a lot of the challenge which makes RPGs and games in general so compelling and interesting. It's just flying from point A to point B, doing a bit of fighting, then flying to point C, etc.

So Blizzard replicate the 'reward for reaching the end of your journey' by taking away flying until you reach the new level cap. Then there you go, you're rewarded. That works. But then, level 90 isn't the end of our journey, is it? There's still plenty of progression to go, daily quests to do, etc.

So they're removed again for these new dailies. They'll probably keep getting removed whenever Blizzard feel able. Because flying mounts are, honestly, a terrible game design decision.