Thread: No flying 5.2

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    woo! i can grief people doing their dailies again gotta love being horde on a horde dominated server!

Gonna be fun for server like mine where it's 0,3 Alliance for 1 Horde...

Great, more PvE nerfs because of PvP.

WoW really is dieing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Thank God for playing on a Normal server instead of PvP
    Damn straight!
    So glad I made the choice to migrate back in June.

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 12:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post

WoW really is dieing.
    How is it a PvE nerf?
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-01-11 at 01:19 PM.

WoW really is dieing.
    Huehuehue. You're an idiot.

How is it an PvE nerf because of PvP?

Infracted. Please don't insult other forum posters.
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-01-11 at 01:14 PM.

Deleted
    Personally I think they got it right at launch...no flying mounts for levelling (makes the exploration much better) and allowing them at the cap (to make the mountains of godawful dailies take less time). But now...get ready to see your quest nodes ninja'ed by every man and his dog who wait for you to clear through the hordes of unneccessary mobs and laugh because they're not in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Oooo. Fantastic.

(also keeps supporting my theory that Blizzard regret adding flying mounts :P)
    I think the only reason they put flying mounts in the game was because a lot of their competitors at that time were already doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    Gonna be fun for server like mine where it's 0,3 Alliance for 1 Horde...
    I thought this when I started doing the Shieldwall dailies, but I didn't see any ganking hordies at all :3

Flying everywhere = people bitching cause of no WPvP. Blizzard makes it so no flying so there is WPvP. How is that not a PvE nerf? If it wasn't for PvPers bitching about it all the time I could fly there like I can almost every other non-PvP zone. Only exception is Molten Front and Sunwell which are no-fly for the same stupid PvP reason.
    Last edited by Vulpei; 2013-01-11 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Just think of the people who play on a server where its 90% horde or 90% alliance...

the lesser faction would produce immense amounts of QQ
    I'm on such a server, well, almost 80:20.. I'm the 20... and I say bring it on.

Always outnumbered, never outgunned.

world pvp is what made this game for me. And I relish it. does anybody know if the hardened shell works on ground mounts? great if so

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    All this 'flying mount hate' is getting a bit silly now.
    But yeah, why not? It's always easier to find a scapegoat than to admit that the issues with the game may stem from you yourself.
    I think it's just the "cool thing" to hate on now.
    I can totally understand the hate of PvP server ganking crowd, but there are ZERO PvE reasons to hate them.

@Topic: Don't really care. Happy about being on a PvE server though. 4 Years of being Rogue freekills is enough.

....sigh. This will made dailys only last longer. I like skiping trash. But oh well i got camoflage.
    Just hop onto your ground mount and run through the mobs. Leave around 10m distance between you and the mob and keep going. It'll have to run after you before it can hit & daze you, but mount is faster. I can skip trash on ground mounts just as well as if i am flying. And I am a clothie lol.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2013-01-11 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Just think of the people who play on a server where its 90% horde or 90% alliance...

the lesser faction would produce immense amounts of QQ
    Twisting Nether EU PvP realm - max level faction balance is ~ H:1 A:0.02
    Really tough to be an alliance player trying to do anything out in the world. Fortunately the few that are around do seem up for a bit of pvp. They can fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flying everywhere = people bitching cause of no WPvP. Blizzard makes it so no flying so there is WPvP. How is that not a PvE nerf? If it wasn't for PvPers bitching about it all the time I could fly there like I can almost every other non-PvP zone. Only exception is Molten Front and Sunwell which are no-fly for the same stupid PvP reason.
    It's a small island. Flying isn't exactly going to save you a heap of time and would make the experience of playing on the islands too small in scale if you could fly from end to the other in less than a minute. Again look at how small it is.
    It's also nice to mix things up again and for our ground mounts to have a use.

If it's a PvE nerf because it means PvP'ers can attack you, well that's a topic that has been discussed to death.

Deleted
    lol our server is alliance underpopulated and still idk blood dk only problems if they come with 3+

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    A certain 40 man multi boxer on our server is gonna have a blast.
    theres ridiculous, then theres that.
    40 fucking accounts?

Well this will be just dandy on a server that is now 75% alliance

Deleted
    So for a raider like me, who never plays PVP and plays on PVE realm this means:
    -longer dailies
    -more annoying dailies (pulling crap you dont want to, all the daze crap etc)
    -overall more time wastage.

Sigh. At least this is just for that one zone. Propably Blizzard just cba to model this zone for flying mounts to be usable (like TBC starting areas are - made of cardboard 2D paintings), meaning we will get content faster cos they have less work.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Oh.. this will be fun

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 12:50 PM ----------

Even Blizzard said flying mounts were a failure, so stop saying the issues stem from the players oO Just because you are lazy and want to feel safe 24/7 in the world of WARcraft, doesnt mean everyone likes it.
    Safe? I never once thought of them as being a 'safety' tool. They are a huge fun factor to use and collect. I wanted to fly in every game I played ever since Anarchy Online, doubt I would have stayed with WoW this long without flying. Guild Wars 2's complete lack of mounts period is what drove me away.

Deleted
    NNNNniiiiice!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Bah, i'll need to remember not to attack anyone then...