Thread: No flying 5.2

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This is a good thing, but it means there's gonna be a lot of whine posts to look forward to from people who want PVP servers turned into PVE servers.

God honestly I hope they do it. I hope they get the balls to be stupid enough to get rid of flying mounts entirely and shoot themselves in the had because a tiny minority of forum assholes dictate how regressive and how unfriendly this game should be. God Blizzard please do it.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Currently flying mounts are not allowed in the Thunder Isle

WPVP Yay! One of the best patches in MoP

It would be another Quel'Danas or Tol Barad
    Yeah ! More punishing the PvE servers\Players so you can run around and gank each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    This is a good thing, but it means there's gonna be a lot of whine posts to look forward to from people who want PVP servers turned into PVE servers.
    It is funny how if someone else wants something or wants something changed it's QQ\Crying\Complainig. But when people on PvP servers want world PvP, it's never crying

I really hope it makes it to release. And if it does it's going to be awesome! I am not much for subtle changes like the developers of the game, but even a slow change away from flying to once more adventuring on the ground is more than welcome Now to see if they have some content worth exploring on the island.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope it makes it to release.
    it will, just like flying was limited in tol'barad and firelands...it doesn't mean people can't dislike it.

It's a pretty small island anyway. Who cares.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Thank God for playing on a Normal server instead of PvP
    Indeed. Based on my experiences during Tol Barod dailies, the only thing this does that effects me is that now I have to heal myself up before running past the non-quest mobs instead of flying over them. Apparently this creates immersion.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that now flying mounts have been in for so long ever since Burning Crusade can you imagine the massive flood of QQ if Blizz removed flying mounts just think of all that wasted time, money and effort by both Blizz and the players if this were to happen..

I wonder if half of the folks hating on flying mounts and wanting them removed have ever actually thought about it but from what have read I doubt they have.

Please no.

Well time to turn it around.
    Gonna get my raid, spot gankers and gank them into oblivion until they cry for the installation of flying mounts.

Not everyone who dislikes pvp is unable to perform good in it. Lets see how much in can get converted from "hurrdurr yay Wpvp finally i can gank" into crying small babies

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    The problem is that now flying mounts have been in for so long ever since Burning Crusade can you imagine the massive flood of QQ if Blizz removed flying mounts just think of all that wasted time, money and effort by both Blizz and the players if this were to happen..

I wonder if half of the folks hating on flying mounts and wanting them removed have ever actually thought about it but from what have read I doubt they have.
    I'm fairly certain that's the only reason Blizzard haven't removed flying mounts, yes. The community backlash would be too great.

I support the removal of flying mounts, but not in any sudden way. That'd be bad, as you say. It needs to be done over time, get people used to the idea that their flying mounts aren't needed and that the game is actually better when you can't fly. Hence why Blizzard keep taking away our flying mounts at every opportunity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    i dont think its much of ur theory since they have straight out sayed they regret them :P
    Yes they did.... But in contradiction they hesitate or even dislike the idea of having people dismount when they interact with NPCs, like quest givers. Which would be the best solution to fix the main issues with mounts in the game on a broad range.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    I'm fairly certain that's the only reason Blizzard haven't removed flying mounts, yes. The community backlash would be too great.

I support the removal of flying mounts, but not in any sudden way. That'd be bad, as you say. It needs to be done over time, get people used to the idea that their flying mounts aren't needed and that the game is actually better when you can't fly. Hence why Blizzard keep taking away our flying mounts at every opportunity.
    5 out of 30 levels is every opportunity?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post

The other problem is you would seriously piss off the mount and achievement collectors. And even more so would be those who spent money in the blizz store buying mounts like that golden dragon mount.

Like I said some folks have not really thought of the massive consumer backlash as a lot of folks hate blizz, as it is this would only serve as further vindication to those that think like that about blizz if blizz did this.
    Last edited by grexly75; 2013-01-11 at 01:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Yeah ! More punishing the PvE servers\Players so you can run around and gank each other
    Hold on....
    He gave examples.. Like Quel'Thanas. On PVE Realms that zone is not flagged. You have zero danger of getting ganked.
    They never forced WPVP on PVE population. You have a choice of either flagging yourself, or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Hold on....
    He gave examples.. Like Quel'Thanas. On PVE Realms that zone is not flagged. You have zero danger of getting ganked.
    They never forced WPVP on PVE population. You have a choice of either flagging yourself, or not.
    I think you read the quote wrong. Nope I'm certain you did. He never stated they are forcing PvP on PvE servers just that to resolve issues with wPvP they are forcing the use of ground mounts on PvE servers.

Considering how careful GC usually is with his statements, it rather surprised me that he actually tweeted his personal stance on flying mounts. It turned into the very thing he usually tries to avoid: people translating it to "even Blizzard thinks it's wrong".

It's also obvious how many people suddenly have this HUGE problem with flying mounts since GCs tweet. It's pretty ridiculous. It was hardly a topic at all, expect for notorious ganker idiots who naturally have a problem with it. Now suddenly there's all these smartasses who are going on about it all the time and act as if they were right all along. Oh yeah, it's totally ruining the game and even Blizzard knows I'm right!

Also, sorry to break it for you, but Blizzard surely does not "hate flying mounts" and would not rather have them removed completely. They're trying to balance it out and promote the use of ground mounts more. They don't want players to be able to dodge terrain by flaying everywhere and are disabling it where they think it makes sense. They started doing it in Cataclysm. Just as they started enabling ground mounts in dungeons more and more to give them some use.
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2013-01-11 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Oh.. this will be fun

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 12:50 PM ----------

Even Blizzard said flying mounts were a failure, so stop saying the issues stem from the players oO Just because you are lazy and want to feel safe 24/7 in the world of WARcraft, doesnt mean everyone likes it.

Just because Ghostcrawler doesn't like them doesn't mean Blizzard dislikes flying mounts. Y'know, the whole reason flying mounts were introduced in TBC, despite Ghostcrawler disagreeing with the idea at the time?

Not to forget that it has been a single expansion since Blizzard made flying possible in Azeroth.

I don't mind the decision that Blizzard took regarding the Isle and flying mounts. What bothers me is all this senseless flying mount hate, but yeah, I guess it's just the new bandwagon.

Also, that argument can easily be turned around:

Just because you want to walk, gank others, and get ganked doesn't mean everyone else wants to cope with the lack of flying mounts.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Jesus... are we still going on about flying mounts?!
    Flying mounts are here to stay, get over it people. They don't ruin immersion and they don't ruin anyone's fun (expect maybe on PvP realms but still, leave the PvE realms alone). Quit bitching.
    And please stop saying Blizzard have said flying mounts are a failure. They never said that. The only comment is a simple one from GC that says nothing of the sort.

From what I have seen, the island looks fairly small so I don't really see an issue with only using ground mounts. Fun for PvP servers and just means the rest of us have to do a tiny bit more running, nothing major.

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 01:32 PM ----------

The game isn't instantly better without flying mounts. This is where you try turn your opinion into a fact.
    You are right, he made his opinion fact. But it's a bit the same for you, when you say that they don't ruin anyone's fun.
    When - and that now really is a fact, because many many complaints in the blizz forums are evidence for it - the game play is interfered by mounts that obstruct targets like NPC's etc., then it ruins the fun for some.
    One could argue, that everyone could just use the keybind tools to overcome that problem, and that's true. Yet, the difference is, why people have to resort to that?
    The learning curve for new players gets steeper and steeper.... That's not helpful for the game as a whole.

It's very safe to say, that the moment the flyers give one person an advantage over the next person, chances are that this second person doesn't enjoy it.