Thread: No flying 5.2

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Lets vanquish this ideal that mop was completely designed for ground mounts. ALL Tillers dailies require a flying mount to get to Skyrange Hozen area or the cliffs between 4 winds and Valley Verman burrow areas which can NOT be accessed by ground mounts. The Shado Pan Dailies where you go to the island to smoke bomb Manted buildings, they all -require- a flying mount to get to. The Golden Lotus Dailies require a flying mount to get on the Spine wall to kill Mantid and fire cannons unless you want to run way out to Kun Lai and down a wall section that has faction guards guarding flight points that will flag you for pvp when you run by. There is an August Celestial daily where you have to fight a Red Crane fighter on top of one of the temples/pagodas that can only be accessed by a flying mount. There is a Golden Lotus Daily that requires you to fly up the cliff and fight a water elemental which is unaccessable from the land.

There is a Pet trainer inbetween Kun Lai and Eternal Blossoms which can only be accessed by flying.

I am sure there are tons more places that are only accessable with flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm completely fine with this.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    It's more like, why shouldn't we be able to use our hard earned flying mounts?
    Pretty much this. Every expansion, we pay gold to yet again be able to fly. This time around, it's 2500G. Then multiplied by 11.

Not to mention the coin dropped to get epic flying. Again, multiplied by 11.

And then, no-fly daily hubs for the current content so you can slog through tedious trash mobs to get the actual quest mobs that you have to grind to get whatever boar liver or bear ass we need for daily # 234412.

We don't all play on a PvP server, so WPvP is a foreign concept many of us couldn't give a fuck about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    In other words you became part of the problem...not that I blame you really, just stating the facts. PvP imbalance did not become a problem because Blizzard wouldn't merge realms. It became a problem because human nature results in a tendency for people to migrate to the stronger faction, and in WoW the moment, the stronger faction is the faction with more members (this is actually where Blizzard are at fault).

Even if Blizzard merged realms to achieve faction balance, one side would still be marginally stronger than the other, and human nature would soon result in the faction balance skewing again. It is, in engineering terms, an inherently unstable system that will tend to imbalance with time.

That is pretty harsh. It is never reasonable to expect someone to move servers because of something that happened which is no fault of their own.

Obviously server imbalance, especially on a PvP realm is a problem. Having balanced numbers between factions is the ideal situation for everyone involved. Dealing with the problem means changing the system so that server imbalance is no longer the natural outcome of that system.

You can't change human nature. But Blizzard can change the way the game reacts to server imbalance in such a way that faction desirability no longer scales up with faction size. In fact you want the two to be inversely proportional - the less people you have on your faction, relative to the opposition, the better it should be for you. Human nature will do the rest and most servers will soon have faction balance sitting at close to 50/50.

So really, all Blizzard need to do is put stuff into the game which gives players on the underdog faction a distinct advantage:

eg1: Put a tenacity type buff that functions by looking at how many maximum level characters are online for each faction, and then dynamically buff the faction with the lower population. If alliance outnumber horde 10:1 on your server, then expect to need 10 alliance to take down 1 horde in a PvP confrontation.

eg2: Make certain scarce resources on the server faction specific. If horde outnumber alliance 10:1 on a server then expect horde to require 10 times more effort to obtain said resource. Hell, maybe even scale the cost of Honor/Justice/Conquest/Valor items with population ratios (to mimic real life supply and demand issues).

TL;DR: All I am saying is don't blame people who refuse to move to the more populous faction for their situation. And if you are going to blame Blizzard, at least try and understand the problem and offer a good solution of what they can do to rectify this.
    I'm sorry, didn't mean to sound harsh. I may have put it the wrong way, but that'd be because i've been feeling bad for days.
    All i meant is that, as long as Blizzard doesn't do anything for those specific realms, all i could do was leave. I tried to reroll on another realm, it just wasn't the same.
    I tried carrying on with the former character, but it was frustrating, Horde could come and kill me anytime.

I should have not said you DESERVE to be ganked, but if you stay, you know the risks; that was what i meant.

What? Ground mount!!! OMG!?!?!?!? They have to remove it.

And ports...

And summons...

And summoning stones...

And heartstones...

And running. OMG.

It only takes 1h25m WALKING from SW to IF using the roads... and now is what I call fun!

PS: And yes I timed it a few weeks ago.

BRB REROLLING ROGUE!!! hahahahahah!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    It only takes 1h25m WALKING from SW to IF using the roads... and now is what I call fun!

Looks like you were really bored.
    And yes, you are my hero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't care if there's flying there, it's small enough for ground mount and I'm on PVE realm so no worry about ganking...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Neither am I. There are TONS of players that perform much better than me.

I suggest you read my post again. I merely mocked your statement that back in the day CC wasn't a problem. Just believe me when I say that the problems and causes for wipes in dungeons were the same in TBC as they were in Cata.

It's just absurd to say that all BC players didn't have problems with BC.

You know how I learned to CC?
    I was instagibbed by Moroes Add in Karazhan (2nd Boss) because I let my shackle run out. After that, the add ran rampage and wiped the raid.
    Yeah I learned it the hard way through flames and repair bills.

The problem is that Blizzard opened Pandoras Box with Wraths easiness. They overdid it, the community got used to it. And if they try to implement harder stuff (See cata dungeons) the people rather bitch and moan for nerfs instead of looking at "what did I wrong and how can I fix it". The attitude of the playerbase has changed completely.

Challenge is no longer something they want to grow on, it's just a nuisance on their way to the next purple.
    Okay that sounds better
    As for your bad experience with CC, I had a good one though. As you know, we didn't have LFD back then, and had to group up with server people. Now I admit, that my experience was probably also influenced with the choice of people. The vast amount of runs I had with people I knew.
    And Kara, yes. Would have mentioned that too. I'm pretty sure who frequently raided knew how to properly CC.
    The 5 mans required it, and so did the raids. Moroes shines here, yes. Hunters if they didn't already know it, there they learned to trap kite.

I know opinions vary, but for myself, I liked those times better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy. How many more times must we get into the Flying Mounts argument. They've been here since BC. Why do people suddenly have an abnormal hatred of them? I love flying mounts.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh neat I get to kill people well sorta anyway my realm doesn't have much ally haha

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 04:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Oh boy. How many more times must we get into the Flying Mounts argument. They've been here since BC. Why do people suddenly have an abnormal hatred of them? I love flying mounts.
    EZ - OH MY GOD IT RUINS WORLD PVPPPPPPPPPPP
    - OMGGGG IT RUINS THE EXPERIENCE OF TEH GAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

No really that's literally the summery of it on multiple forums.

Deleted
    If you have only one hour to play World of Warcraft start on deciding what you _want_ to do in that one hour, instead of stuffing so much fuck dailies into them that they look like a torture chore just made by blizzard to destroy your life.

Back on Quel'danas, the TBC quest hub you had no flying mount and still dealt with it, I for myself watched those PvP'ers killed themself, watched the people who quested and you know what ? I EVEN GROUPED UP AND TALKED TO THEM, instead of living in your solo PvE world. And by the way, I don't play on an PvP server.

Just try to enjoy that game instead of damning absolutely everything that does not fasten your progress.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

This.

RP WALK OR GO HOME, ALL YOU CRYBABIES THAT WANT EFFICIENCY WHEN YOU PLAY A GAME!!!

I love flying mounts and being able to achieve my objective quicker. There is nothing wrong with that. Anyone who likes traveling by ground better has that option. If they don't use it, I'd say there's a reason for that. However, I understand flying not being allowed in a PvP zone. There's a reason for that too.

But you know, if they wanted to force everyone to go ground mounts but me, I'm fine with it.

Oh look, more people that can't make decisions for themselves. Good thing we have Blizzard to do it for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    I can understand pvpers being angry that someone can gank them and then just fly away (which can be solved in other ways than getting rid of flying mounts) but if anyone gives any other reason its actually, "Back in the old days we didnt have flying mounts and I enjoyed the game back then so that means everyone can only enjoy the game if they do it like I did, I can't handle change and it makes me grumpy if I see someone playing differently than I remember doing it so everyone must be forced to do it the old way. What? Why don't I voluntarily only use a ground mount? Get off my Lawn ya miserable hippies!

Unlike f______... doing the same thing time after time after time for 1h daily is boring.

There is just too much mob to navigate to the objective without spending 20 minutes killing unrelated NPCs.
    I haven't played on the PTR yet to know, but are there really so many mobs that it's impossible to complete dailies? There's time wasted, and then there's effort. Which are we complaining about here, really?

Besides, during 5.2, this shouldn't be any issue anyway. Others will be around to help kill mobs. Form a group or wait for somebody else to pull mobs and walk on by.

Deleted
    I don't PVP myself so for me this is more or less an inconvenience not going from place A to place B fast enough and the extra cast-time for my groundmounts compared to my instant flightform.
    If people want to kill me during my dailies it's fine, I don't like it but I can't complain since I'm on a PVP server. I just need to get out of the area for a while and then go back again later. Congratulations to you who like ganking/WPVP, I'm happy for you. (no sarcasm)

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well they have had no fly zones in every expac so that was expected really, It won't affect WPvP on my server, because we have tons of it anyway

Walking from point A to B, do your quest then back from B to A is going to be a pain, not to mention all the mobs you run into that you have to kill.

But I love a good WPvP...its going to be awesome :P especially when someone attacks you but you end up killing/annoying them.*evil laugh*