Thread: No flying 5.2

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    I also can't understand how people have fun by ruining other's fun instead of seeking ppl that like PvP.
    That's because you seem to stop at being a victim, instead of getting it together and kicking their ass later, alone or in group.
    Wich come to think of it is hard to do if they fly of after the kill, ironicly.
    I do have understanding for the low levels tho, the killer is usually long gone by the time your main's on the spot, if you've not gotten your main there before you got killed.

They did seek out people who like pvp, they rolled on a pvp server for it, so anyone who does not, well, wrong server, again.
    Last edited by glowzone; 2013-01-12 at 01:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well PVP servers somehow didn't feel like that to others...until CRZ cropped up. Honestly I think CRZ as nice as it is to see zones populated, has brought issues.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Well PVP servers somehow didn't feel like that to others...until CRZ cropped up. Honestly I think CRZ as nice as it is to see zones populated, has brought issues.
    I understand this, but can you really make a change of plans to pander to these people?
    If anything, isn't that an indicator of how much these changes where needed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    I understand this, but can you really make a change of plans to pander to these people?
    If anything, isn't that an indicator of how much these changes where needed?

No I can't. I'm a bit neutral to CRZ. I like it but at the same time I understand the issues it brings.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zshikara View Post
    That's awesome. Now if only they'd remove flying from the rest of the game.

disclaimer: I don't care at all about wpvp. I want the removal of flying mounts for pve reasons.
    For inefficiency? Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

All of these WPvP 'promoters' will instantly regret it once a R1 arena team heads out to Thunder Isle and chain stomps everyone and anyone for hours on end.

There's no fighting back, especially if you're in PvE gear.

I'm from a PvP 'heavy' server and experienced this first hand back in Isle of QD.

That's fine with me. It'll be like Isle of Quel'danas back in BC or however you spell it.

I am honestly tired of having to build up 2 sets of gear, one for PvP and one for PvE just to do this content. Unless blizzard solves that problem first, I have a hard time finding myself enjoying the game for much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Why make me spend
    Here's where your argument falls apart. Nobody made you do anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    While it is nice and all that they are doing this to encourage PvP and player interaction, I still feel that it would been easier to make changes to the flying mechanic so you do not need to put restrictions like this.

I mean, flying is fine in my book, but if it is vastly superior to ground mounts in every single way, then there is a balance problem, as I see it.

You could always just increase the casting time for getting on a flying mount or at least make sure it can not get up in the air immediately by just pressing spacebar.

Perhaps you could even restrict flying on mounts for a period of time (like a few seconds) when mounting up and then you could take up to the air? At least then it will not be so easy to just get away in a whim while at the same time not making flying useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    The way flying is currently implemented, it hurts gameplay by shortening the current content's shelf-life. Being able to fly in and drop straight down on your target, whether it be a mob or node, is lame gameplay. If flying mechanics were more complicated, and if mob packs had more air defenses, then we'd see some compelling flight-driven gameplay. But as of now, flight is a convenience that hurts gameplay.
    Who zips in on and drops on every single target? I all do is drop in and kill my first target and then proceed by ground to kill the rest of the mobs I need. If dailies are separated by long stretches of land, then IMO it was made for Flying in mind. Tol Barad for example, was made with ground mounts in mind cause a lot of the dailies were closer together. So you could simply just finish one quest and 1 min or less later by ground mount get into the next daily quest, same with the Fireland dailies. Hell in Firelands, the big initial area, you can do 3 quests at the same time. You didn't need to travel much basically. With MoP, you have to go do the Klaxxi, THEN you have to fly to where you go do Shado Pan, THEN go to Golden Lotus, etc. Unlike Tol Barad and Firelands, the MoP dailies are pretty spread out and that is because the dailies probably had flying in mind. Dailies by ground mount in Tol Barad and Firelands wasn't bad, but if you did that with MoP dailies, it would take longer to finish up. Basically look at it like this, if you designed a daily hub with ground mounts in mind and it takes you 40 mins to finish, what is wrong making a daily hub with flying speed in mind that too takes 40 mins to finish? Both would take the same amount of time to finish.

Isle of Queldanas and Tol Barad. This isn't new. It's a "PvP" area that doesn't require actual PvP and makes you ride on a ground mount the whole time.
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

And that was a step in the right direction. Perhaps the game wouldn't need so much artificial gating in the first place if everyone wasn't zipping around at 310% movement speed.
    Nevertheless, flying does have its downsides. What upsides does it have besides convenience? It adds nothing of importance to gameplay and only detracts from it.

Think what you want, but GC has never minced words with the public, nor has he bit his tongue.
    Thats funny because last week while gathering snow lilys I went on the north face of Kun Lai Summit and I was admiring the view, and the fox kits/tigers. I stopped at a water fall pool because it was quite tranquil and I was in a bad mood and it made me feel better to fish there. I chilled out and did some fishing which I havent dont in a long time. Oh and just so you know, you can't get there on a riding mount. The north face of the cliff can't be climbed. I got some herbs, did some fishing and enjoyed the scenery. Things like that and actually flying up Nordrassil to check it out from a point of view you cant get from a ground mount are some of the things *I* enjoy doing.

Just because you can't figure out what to do with a flying mount doesn't mean no one else can.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way flying is currently implemented, it hurts gameplay by shortening the current content's shelf-life. Being able to fly in and drop straight down on your target, whether it be a mob or node, is lame gameplay. If flying mechanics were more complicated, and if mob packs had more air defenses, then we'd see some compelling flight-driven gameplay. But as of now, flight is a convenience that hurts gameplay.
    hear hear
    Blizzard had it right in Skettis and Blade's Edge Plateaus, but then suddenly it dropped off. What we need are flying fel reaver equivalents and flak cannons you have to dodge and weave around.

Also, hooray at Isle of the Thunder King being land-only. We could have a new Isle of Quel'danas on our hands, which was probably the most fun patch in WoW's history to many. Tol Barad Peninsula was a bit heavily policed, but was still good nonetheless.

Just completely remove mounts from the game, that way you truly get to experience the entire gaming world of wow.

Good to see the vocal minority that spend more time ganking than anything worthwhile getting their way.

Deleted
    omg finally I have been waiting for a no flying mount daily zone since... the... molten... the molten front. oh.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    People flew all over outland in BC, people always engaged in world pvp at Halaa and in Hellfire. The issue has nothing to do with flying mounts and everything to do with players wanting to world pvp, places with real objectives to world pvp in, and real rewards coming from the effort.
    Beautifully put. I need to parrot this the next time this stupid issue comes up.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 05:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    Just completely remove mounts from the game, that way you truly get to experience the entire gaming world of wow.

Good to see the vocal minority that spend more time ganking than anything worthwhile getting their way.
    I don't think that would go far enough. They need to make a no running zone where you have to RP walk everywhere.

I'm on a PvE server. Any chance our realm type can have flying mounts enabled? So you know, it doesn't take even LONGER to get the boat load of dailies done than it does already?

its fine with no flying as long as theres no detriment to the dailys for the isle... flying is good when its used right. even when the world was ground mounts only in old azeroth people could still farm nodes just as fast. or similarly with certain classes regardless of whether they could fly.

Deleted
    You all are crzy!! What is so fun about that, we can`t fly in the zone?????