Deleted

5.2 reputation rested bonus

Digging through the UI changes of patch 5.2.0 build 16408 I found the following string:

FACTION_STANDING_INCREASED_REST_PART = "(+%.1f Rested bonus)"
    It seems like being rested might increase reputation gain now, too!

Deleted
    sounds really cool, lets hope it happens ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Part of me laments the grind being removed, but part of me rejoices for my alts who will be able to buy commendations as well as "rest" their rep so they don't take 6 months to catch up with everyone else.

That would be fantastic for the alts, I've yet to work on mine seriously just dreading that grind again.. I had an amusing time doing it the first time but not so much motivation to go again.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate when they put in a terrible grind- people do it, then they just make it easier 2months later making my hard work count for naught >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Part of me laments the grind being removed, but part of me rejoices for my alts who will be able to buy commendations as well as "rest" their rep so they don't take 6 months to catch up with everyone else.
    How are the current reputations grind?
    its just a simple log on for 20 mins do some simple dallies and log back off again rinse and repeat.

the only grind in the current reputations faction is the egg farming, the klaxxi shard farming or the key farming of golden lotus and that's en optional part to do nowadays.
    I would consider it real grind if those options where the only way of getting rep or plain out killing mobs for rep like the black prince.

nowadays rep farming is a easymode casual joke -_-

I am curious how they will meassure being rested though.. we don't have xp at 90.
    So how will they know if we are rested or not?

I find this a very unlikely thing.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The grind won't really be removed for your first character to 90 that is trail blazing for the rest of your alts.

Not 90 yet? Unless you take several days between play sessions, probably don't have too much rested XP given the amount of XP required per level from 85+.
    Not revered yet? Don't have the commendation thingies to double the rep.

So the grind is still mostly there the first time around, which is fine. But the 2nd-Nth time around, meh, it gets tedious fast. So speaking as a Pandaren Ambassador, anything to speed up alt rep is welcome!

Especially Klaxxi to get that starting 463 weapon plus 489 ring for hitting exalted. Just finished it for the 4th time the other night, and have 7 more alts to go!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    I am curious how they will meassure being rested though.. we don't have xp at 90.
    So how will they know if we are rested or not?

I find this a very unlikely thing.
    It could be a separate thing from the usual xp bonus, one that only works for reputation. At this point who knows
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I hate when they put in a terrible grind- people do it, then they just make it easier 2months later making my hard work count for naught >.<
    If you have only one character, then sure, I see your point.

If you have 11 85-90's like myself and others, then you will still be able to take advantage of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malackai View Post
    its just a simple log on for 20 mins do some simple dallies and log back off again rinse and repeat.

the only grind in the current reputations faction is the egg farming, the klaxxi shard farming or the key farming of golden lotus and that's en optional part to do nowadays.
    I would consider it real grind if those options where the only way of getting rep or plain out killing mobs for rep like the black prince.

If you want to max your rep every day...it's way more than 20 minutes. Once revered with GL you then have Celestials and Shao-Pan on top of Klaxxi, Shieldwall, Cloud Serpent, and Anglers. No it's not just 20 minutes of a log in.

I liked the daily grind. I enjoyed it. I just mean that it's nice to reduce it for alts so that they can catch up in a more reasonable timeframe. It's important for people switching classes for raids or to help a new recruit get moving with the rest of the team quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    The grind won't really be removed for your first character to 90 that is trail blazing for the rest of your alts.

Not 90 yet? Unless you take several days between play sessions, probably don't have too much rested XP given the amount of XP required per level from 85+.
    Not revered yet? Don't have the commendation thingies to double the rep.

So the grind is still mostly there the first time around, which is fine. But the 2nd-Nth time around, meh, it gets tedious fast. So speaking as a Pandaren Ambassador, anything to speed up alt rep is welcome!

Especially Klaxxi to get that starting 463 weapon plus 489 ring for hitting exalted. Just finished it for the 4th time the other night, and have 7 more alts to go!
    I have four 90's. I know the grind won't be removed for any of them, who had to go through it, but it's nice for my coming 85's and lower levels to get up to speed a lot faster

Don't think "being rested" will increase reputation gains, otherwise a max level player would either be out in the cold (no rested) or always have it (never lose reseted) depending on if the game right now actually counts up rested or not at 90.

Very likely it will be a new rested bar just for reputations, that will count up and be depleted on it's own. That is, if this is actually added.

i found rep on alts pretty easy since 5.1, but tbh the only one i have done since is cloud serpents

pre 5.1 - i got up to revered on my paladin with order of the cloud serpent, took about 2 weeks of dailies.
    post 5.1 - i got up to revered with the order of the cloud serpent in 1 day on my monk, after purchasing the commendation thing. i did all the dailies i could, the only one i couldn't do was archaeology as i dont have it on my monk - i was like 100 rep away from revered after handing them all in (i had already done all quests in jade forest, so i guess i got up to friendly whilst doing so). so seeing that i was 100 rep away from revered, i went egg hunting, found an egg, handed it in, got revered and unlocked a couple more dailies, did those and was a 1/3 of the way through revered - this is all in the first day!

the second day, i did all the dailies i could again (-archaeology one) and was about 1000 rep short (i think), 4 eggs later, i was exalted!

i can imagine that shadopan and golden lotus reps are still quite evil though, i hate those dailies, they go on forever and respawns always seem too slow.
    <insert witty signature here>

Quote Originally Posted by Malackai View Post

Its not just logging in for 20 min. Well sure perhaps for ONE faction. But some people like to do them all daily... for them its hardly 20 min.