Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    people don't kick good players with good gear and bearable social skills. only bads and annoying people get kicked.
    Ok because you said so...

10+ Year Old Account
    They always cheer when they notice I outgear them..... But then, I'm a healer.....

Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    Pretty much this. Nothing worse than an overgeared person saying:
    "HAHAHAH 40k DPS NOOB I PULLED 45K DPS IN THAT GEAR L2P"
    Or at the end, they post their meters and say "You're welcome!"

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherInternetOpinion View Post
    Ok because you said so...
    These days I go in for my valor, I normally do 40-50% of the dps. I think some just AFK when they see me. Never been kicked for being too geared. But I rarely speak, other than to point we could skip X trash pulls if it looks like a new tank. I don't talk about my amazing DPS. I don't do or say anything if it means it could possible slow down the run in any way.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-01-11 at 02:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    That you're leavin something out.
    most likely he got in a 4/5 guild run with low geared ppl and pulled aggro off everything witch annoyed the hell out of their tank

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Or at the end, they post their meters and say "You're welcome!"
    It's the mentality of overgeared and egotistic children.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    The problem is that you don't die :P. Some people learned during TBC where you got two or even one shotted when you pulled agro and bosses were untauntable. Why did they actually change that? It was much more interesting to dump your threat instead of having the tank taunt it off you. Now I use fade for the sole purpose of overagroing at the start, probably very annoying for tanks but whatever ;p.
    They got rid of the need to manage threat because it was "Too Hard". Hence addition of Vengeance and threat generation boosts. "But we need vengeance because classes like warlocks start gaining threat in the long end", because you know, warlocks don't have soul shatter. "Warriors do not have aggro dumps" They most certainly do, it's called stop attacking "But then I'm not super cool at the top of the dps/damage meters" and there is the problem with the system.

I usually just queue as tank and if im nice i even go into defstance

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    They got rid of the need to manage threat because it was "Too Hard". Hence addition of Vengeance and threat generation boosts. "But we need vengeance because classes like warlocks start gaining threat in the long end", because you know, warlocks don't have soul shatter. "Warriors do not have aggro dumps" They most certainly do, it's called stop attacking "But then I'm not super cool at the top of the dps/damage meters" and there is the problem with the system.
    Pulling aggro happens when you either:

In Heroics-
    with gear thats too good and then it doesn't matter because dps can tank here anywa

In Raids-
    You attack the wrong target, which is bad
    Your tank sucks

If your role is DPS the damage meter is the ONLY metric that is important after mechanics in any given raid encounter.
    As DPS we are lucky we even have any way to measure of quality besides the simple we beat the encounter.
    Last edited by Deafknight; 2013-01-11 at 02:53 PM.

Deleted
    I got kicked once from a dungeon group after pulling aggro on some bosses.
    Didnt speak a word tho

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    I don't really understand why someone would do that, unless you were pulling aggro from the tank or something and they didn't like it?

They've got to understand that now that people are finishing up reputations there will be more people running a daily heroic to get their VP capped instead of doing daily quests, who are probably already geared up from raids by now. >.>

maybe some people want to actually have some sort of challenge while playing the game? maybe it was their first time thru the instance and they wanted to experience it?

i know personally when im new to a game, or pick up a game later than my friends i dont like to be powerleveled thru instances. i prefer to actually go slow the first few times, look at the environment and actually experience the encounters. sure boss fights in dungeons are generally not that impressive but some encounters can be fun and often times a precursor to what you can expect in raids and stuff.

also some people actually like to do their designated role properly. if you got some geared to the teeth dps in with a bunch of people in questing gear it makes the content trivial to just about everybody. the other dps doesnt get a chance to work on their rotation, the tanks basically cant tank the mobs/boss because the geared out dps is pulling aggro (and most likely doesnt care because they assume the healer wont let them die).

these are just my thoughts and opinions however and generally speaking after ive been through everything a few times i dont mind getting it done faster but i can see the reasoning behind kicking someone if they want to actually experience the content the first few times thru. also i might add ive been in groups like that that had geared out people in them and they resulted in bad mouthing the lesser geared people, telling them that their gameplay was terrible and their gear was shit. granted this doesnt happen very frequently but i have seen and witnessed it first hand. not saying the OP does this but you never know
    Last edited by dokilar; 2013-01-11 at 02:50 PM.

Deleted
    I think you left some parts out of the story.

You know, the "lol scrubs baddies. do more dmg or gtfo ur wastin my time noobs" part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    Usually when I que in with my ilvl 500 tank All I get is a thank god at the start. and a Thank you after I chain pull the heroic in 8 minutes.
    Odd, when I queue in 490~ish DPS gear, pull the dungeon in 3-5 packs, top damage on single and multi target DPS and never die, 3/4ths of what I usually recieve is complaints about going too fast or making the healer actually have to do something then AFK and use HoTs.

I got proper praise for what was one of the first times this exp pack for my tanking in a random (not just, ty for fast run) and I wasn't exactly sure how to react to it.

Then again, this is just random groups, my friends are always glad to queue with me! Random groups will be random.

(Not that I care about any of these things, I just want to go through the dungeon fast, tend to try and cap my mains VP in 1 day so my alts get the VP buff, generally don't talk unless it's a talkative group and then I'll make random jokes, nothing to do with the dungeon at all)
    Last edited by Saybel; 2013-01-11 at 02:54 PM.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    "Warriors do not have aggro dumps" They most certainly do, it's called stop attacking "But then I'm not super cool at the top of the dps/damage meters" and there is the problem with the system.
    I think that a overly generalize statement. Warrior's burst can be so spikey, that I can pull aggro off a so so tank and stand around twiddling my thumbs and it could be 20 secs before they get aggro back. Landsoul had a Warrior's opening rotation\cd chart, in said chart it even showed when to call for Salv. And Vodka's main tank isn't a scrub. In a raid enviroment it's easier to know how much and how fast. In Dungeons, you have to guess, sometimes you guess wrong or the tank is a lot worse than you expect.

Aggro dump means to drop quickly. There is nothing Quick about stop attacking

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    They always cheer when they notice I outgear them..... But then, I'm a healer.....
    You can dps as healer. I sometimes heal in my dps gear in holy spec. I spam Smite and get almost unlimited, instant and free Flash Heals which is all I need in most cases.

Heroics are so bad now that if the tank is well geared and you have good players who don't make terrible mistakes you basically don't have to heal at all.

Iv had that to, and im not that great geared (mix of LFR/normal and HC items) the tank kept complainning about me "tanking" in wich case i say that he needs to ramp up his threat, as auto attacking and only applying FF/BP isnt enough...

Since I have been doing so many 5 mans on my alt lately, I notice sometimes these 3 or 4 man guild groups that que and seem to just be out to troll. They do things like have their hunter pets constantly taunting off the tank, roll need on everything they can and generally act like jerks.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to admit, this is a thought process I'll never understand.

I'm paraphrasing the votecaller's inner monologue here, but: "I can make an safe guess that this is a competent player who knows their role and will not be competing with me for gear. Their gear will allow them to tank/heal/dps easier, leading to a more efficient run. Clearly I'd better votekick them."
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

15+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't take long to blow up.

Nobody said anything all run. Got to last boss, healer left after getting some ring from 2nd last boss. Rogue killed himself off the jump somehow, DK tank said "you have lots of gear. Then "you have been removed from the group".

That's one reason why I don't like heroics.. its run by the stupid. Random vote kicks to fuck people out of their valor?
    Last time I did a hero, over 2 months ago and same deal.. half way in the run and next thing you know back in org.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Since I have been doing so many 5 mans on my alt lately, I notice sometimes these 3 or 4 man guild groups that que and seem to just be out to troll. They do things like have their hunter pets constantly taunting off the tank, roll need on everything they can and generally act like jerks.
    Yeah, sounds like us last night. It makes running dungeons a little less dull - for us, anyways.

HAHAHHAHAH Same here. Why people think we are stupid and will take their words as utmost truth.

Specially when this word is "awesomeness". Come on... It's easier to think you screwed up time because you BELIEVE you're too geared, and that pissed up the others.

Forget MMOC and go complain to the mirror how people kick you "cus they jelly".

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, while it could be a 4/5 guild group being twats as someone suggested, but the cynic in me thinks it's more along these lines.