NZXT H2 fan problem

Hey guys!
    Just about a month ago I built a new PC. I ended up getting the NZXT H2 case (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...&Tpk=NZXT%20H2). These have fans that can be taken out via a clip. Anyways just recently the top fan stop working. It's not a fan issue it self its the contact inside of the clip. If I push it in some the fan spins up no problem. So it looks like the power contact needs to be pushed up some. After unscrewing it I cant find a way to push it up in any way shape or form. Any thoughts to anyone who has this case? the bottom fan does the same thing if I stick it on top. So its not the fan bracket its the case contact it self.
    Anyways I'm running out of ideas and I dont wanna take the PC apart just for a small fan issue. Think it might be best to bypass the fan contact and plug it into the power supply? Or just leave it unhooked? Anyways if you own this case and have any advice please do share!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can plug it to a fan header on the mobo or a molex just do that and save yourself the hassle if you cant figure out how to solve the contact problem.

Thats what I'm thinking. The only issue is the face power cables are just short! Mainly because of the clip. Thank for the advice. If all else fails I will keep that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know how the contact looks to provide more ideas, could you perhaps post a pic of the fan and the contact?

Sure!

Its just a metal contact that touch together. One is screwed into the fan bracket and the other in on the case. I just meed the contact on the case to move up just a hair. When it contacts its fine. Otherwise its stops spinning. I will post some pictures tonight when I get home.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno how easy it would be tho fix, maybe apply a bit of solder on the tip of the contact so it gets a bit longer ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rafax View Post
    I dunno how easy it would be tho fix, maybe apply a bit of solder on the tip of the contact so it gets a bit longer ?
    Also thought of that. However I am trying to avoid doing that. I'd rather connect the fan directly to the PSU first. Again its a good idea though.

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 04:20 PM ----------

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1574/5/

Here you will see many pictures of the fans and the contacts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh i see what you mean, well i guess short from replacing the little contacts or soldering them to get them a bit higher you might just need to connect to the molex or fan headers, actually did you try tightening the bolts more then usual ? not as much as to break the fan but just for it to put more pressure against the pins

Quote Originally Posted by Rafax View Post
    Ahh i see what you mean, well i guess short from replacing the little contacts or soldering them to get them a bit higher you might just need to connect to the molex or fan headers, actually did you try tightening the bolts more then usual ? not as much as to break the fan but just for it to put more pressure against the pins
    I did last night. I removed the fans and took the connecter off. I then put it back on. It seems tight its just it has a lot of wiggle room from the bracket. So I think its a case issue it self. Both bottom and top fans on the same issue. Its just annoying me. Not having it run won shut the PC down but it brand new. I put in a support ticket with NZXT to see what they say. But I wanted to see if others have had this issue. I'm sure others have and had gotten crafty! I have also been reading its an issue known with the case. That's why I posted here!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i dont have a similar system in any case I ever used so cant really be of much more help srry.

Thanks for your help and ideas!