10+ Year Old Account

Need help with a bubble macro

I have a Bubble macro for putting up an absorb shield while my pet is active that is not working properly. The macro I have is:

/cast Shadow Bulwark (Special Ability)
    /cast Demonic Pact

The idea is that my Voidwalker casts Shadow Bulwark to increase his health and then I cast Demonic Pact to sacrifice 50% of his current health and to bubble me with 200% of that amount. If I cast them individually it works, so I know the idea is sound. The problem is that the bubble I get is not being modified by the Shadow Bulwark ability when I use the macro. Maybe I need a quick pause?

Also, if I sacrifice my pet, cast Shadow Bulwark then cast Demonic Pact to sacrifice 50% of my own health for a bubble, the macro works. That macro is as follows:

/cast Command Demon
    /cast Demonic Pact

NOTE: The "Command Demon" spell when sacrificing a Void Walker casts their Shadow Bulwark spell.

Do they both activate GCD's? If so you need to press it twice I think. Or a castsequence macro? I'm not all that good with macros but afaik they made it like that so one button couldn't be spammed for rotations.. I think ><.
    Last edited by -Skye; 2013-01-11 at 03:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Pets do tend to have a slight delay in updating stats, at least as far as updating from changes in your own stats is concerned. On my hunter, I had to scrap a Kill Command macro that included my Synapse Springs engineering tinker because the pet's stats weren't updating in time to apply to the attack. A macro that essentially burns a cooldown after an ability goes off is far from useful!

While I have not tested for this delay with pets' own self-buffing abilities, that could very well be what's affecting you. While it's not ideal, try a /castsequence macro instead.

Try '/use Shadow Bulwark'.

Tested, it works but SP doesn't take SB into account. Well, it does, but remember - activating SB grants 30% max HP to the VW but it doesn't heal him for that amount it seems. So you end up saccing his baseline HP anyway.

It's a pet update issue. Use a Castsequence macro and give it a fraction of a second or use Grim Sac.

Sorry for asking and being off topic, but when are you using this? For soloing?

Kinda off topic, but found a nice use for this on herioc Elegon when you are soaking, pop shadow bulwark and then sac pack, Then when the explodes click off bulwark to almost instantly break the stun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by irishdiablo View Post
    I have a Bubble macro for putting up an absorb shield while my pet is active that is not working properly. The macro I have is:

/cast Shadow Bulwark (Special Ability)
    /cast Demonic Pact

The idea is that my Voidwalker casts Shadow Bulwark to increase his health and then I cast Demonic Pact to sacrifice 50% of his current health and to bubble me with 200% of that amount. If I cast them individually it works, so I know the idea is sound. The problem is that the bubble I get is not being modified by the Shadow Bulwark ability when I use the macro. Maybe I need a quick pause?

Also, if I sacrifice my pet, cast Shadow Bulwark then cast Demonic Pact to sacrifice 50% of my own health for a bubble, the macro works. That macro is as follows:

/cast Command Demon
    /cast Demonic Pact

NOTE: The "Command Demon" spell when sacrificing a Void Walker casts their Shadow Bulwark spell.
    Demonic Pact? Wasn't that the spell power buff?
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Actually there is a "bug" that has been around for a while where it's not possible to fit pet abilities in a castsequence macro. There are ways around it (I am using this trick while flag carrying in battlegrounds).
    Code:
    /cast [mod:shift] Shadow Bulwark (special ability); sacrificial pact
    This will keep it under one button, however through the use of a modifier (shift/ctrl/alt).

Remember though, activating Shadow Bulwark only increases the voidies health pool, but not its actual health. This means if you spam sacrificial pact right after shadow bulwark, the effect is very minimal (as the shield is 50% of his remaining hp. I myself use glyphed health funnel to top him off before I hit my shield. This can be done with a castsequence
    Code:
    /castsequence reset=2 health funnel, sacrificial pact
    Reason I don't bake this in the previous macro is that if you're silenced, you won't be able to trigger sacrificial pact (as it wants to cast health funnel first)

Hope it helps,

Staalie
    Read the signature rules