Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    @Gankyspanky

To start with, your cloak can be enchanted with multistrike.

Looking at logs you don't seem to be using plague leech at all? Pretty big dps gain getting 2 runes back every 25 seconds. You also didn't pre-pot, I know its only LFR but you used a potion during the fight so I'm just making sure you're aware.

Other than that I don't see any major issues with your dps, looking at statistics on warcraftlogs the average dps for LFR Butcher by DKs with ilvl 648-662 ilvl is 20k so you seem to be about where you should be. (Here's the link if you want to check it out)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Faylo
    Looking at the butcher, his Soul Reaper uptime could probably be a bit higher but you guys have a pretty quick kill and it depends how long the butcher takes to go from 45-0%. If done perfectly he should get 1 SR per 6 seconds, however thats not always possible so you have to leave some room for error.

It also looks like he didn't pre-pot or re-pot during the fight, that makes a significant difference. He also only got 1 gargoyle cast off when he could have got a 2nd one off although it would have only been an extra 14seconds uptime. His dark transformation uptime seems fine.

I think his gear will be one of the main causes for low dps. Neither of his trinkets are that great but then again none of the Highmaul trinkets are amazing but when you compare the Grandiose Carnage trinket he has to something like Scabbard of Kyanos, its a MASSIVE difference. Having a 2200str on use that lines up with every gargoyle is very strong.

Weapons are the most important item for a DK, however the same can be said for pretty much every melee class. I dont know whether warriors or DKs scale better with weapons, I'd probably give it to whoever has the worst weapon.

As for twins yes he should be converting frost runes, if he opens with Outbreak > FS > BB > SS > Defile > Plague Leach > BB to victory he should be set for the fight, if the frost runes become unsynced then use icy touch to turn them back into death runes. (In the logs he did use chains of ice once, maybe he was trying to put frost runes on CD?)

He could probably get 2-3 more soul reapers in fairly easily on Twins and again he didnt pot at all before or during the fight.

To be honest he seems to be doing alright, just needs to pot, try get a few more Soul Reapers off if possible and learn how to manage runes for sustained aoe. And most of his gear is quite poorly itemized but it doesn't get much better until BRF for us DKs.

If you have any more questions feel free to reply or PM
    Last edited by Axphyxiate; 2015-01-06 at 03:21 PM.

Deleted
    To Axphyxiate

Could you please take a look at my post #1017

@itsjustrafael

Your logs are in german and I really don't know how to use worldoflogs that well, warcraft logs are just a lot easier in my opinion.

Your character looks fine, talents, glyphs gems etc seem alright.

Based on a brief look at your logs though the other DK in the raid was playing Unholy which is straight up better for any cleave fights, so UH should be well ahead of 2h Frost on every fight, the only fight where 2H frost should be competitive is butcher since its pure single target. As for why your dps is low on butcher, your Blood Plague uptime is 59%, you really want it to be well above 90%, preferably 98%+. You got 28 Killing Machine procs but you only had 18 Obliterate Crits so you must be wasting Killing Machine procs on Frost Strike or something, try to avoid this, its worth waiting to use KM procs on Oblit. It doesn't look like you used a potion before or during the fight, big dps loss right there. You only used 3 Pillar of Frosts when you should be able to get 4 off easily. Hopefully this helps.
    Last edited by Axphyxiate; 2015-01-08 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shikubi View Post
    Not an expert as I just started playing DK but your 3.9% multistrike value seems very low. You should also use Obliterate whenever it's possible and as soon as possible (use Blood Tap if Killing Machine proccs and you have the charges to get Obliterate up) and not just use it on Killing Machine proccs.

I managed to do 24k DPS on Butcher with the same Itemlevel but I have 20% multi and only 24% mastery unbuffed.
    yes i haven't had very good luck with gear as far as my itemization goes, but it was what dropped that was better than my 636. i do use oblit everytime its up even with km up and use fs as an rp dump.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jmachol View Post
    Have you compared your sim'd spell counts/casts/damage/etc. with your logs?
    not sure how to do that

Not sure if this qualifies for this topic but: Does unholy presence stack with cloak movement speed or is it a useless enchant for unholy DKs?

Greetings. I feel my dps could be a lot better but i just cant figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm still very new to DKs, 8 days played, so any advice would be appreciated.

Spec = 2H Frost
    Logs = http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-fanp1j14vvammjxv/
    Butcher Log = http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2404&e=2686
    Armory = http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Miffiee/simple

Just a run down of what i do;

Obviously keep up diseases and use plague leach ASAP once off CD to unlock a rune to obliterate.
    I try and pool around 80ish RP and once my runs are on CD i'll smash through as many frost strikes i can before runes are back up
    I obliterate as much as possible and try and use all of the crit procs on obliterate rather than frost strike, but if the runes are on CD and have to wait more than 1-2 seconds i'll just use the proc on FS
    I Use howling when proc'd or if i have nothing else to do (no RP or obliterate runes on CD)
    Once in Soul reaper rang, i priorities that 100% unless i have a obliterate crit proc

plz halp
    Last edited by Miff; 2015-01-08 at 02:59 AM.

Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/Qu%c3%adpster/simple
    Spec: Unholy
    Warcraftlogs: A fight, im struggling on atm it feels like: warcraftlogs.com/reports/4cLMn7jT62xXktyb#type=damage-done&source=38
    Fat finger potted here but patchwerk for rotation: warcraftlogs.com/reports/4cLMn7jT62xXktyb#type=damage-done&source=38&fight=8

Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): I feel like I got the grasp on the situation but im also quite frustrated with myself, and would like Another pair of Eyes on the matter if you want to.
    What I feel I rly should do btr is SR/Defile chaining, and somehow my brain freezes every now and then during the fight and i let ff/bp escape and end up with a 93-95% uptime. For imperator right now im pooling cds such as gargoyle for warmages and reaver later during the fight, is that the right way to Think?(seems as if we struggle with killing them and then get back to small adds in time). Our prot pala pretty much solo's the small adds so miss out on alot of blood boil dmg there but still feel like my dmg should be higher... Something im doing is also blood boil ff/bp onto the add then try and pre sr sub 45% and then just blood boil of it then. But seems my blood boil usuage is less than other ppls hc imperator logs.

So afaik improve sr/defile chaining aswell as ff/bp uptime is main things i need to improve. That seems pretty general and easiest thing to improve so is it something else ive overlooked?

Quote Originally Posted by Dastey View Post
    Not sure if this qualifies for this topic but: Does unholy presence stack with cloak movement speed or is it a useless enchant for unholy DKs?
    it stacks with unholy presence

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...forcers/simple

Spec : Unholy

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/AaRWHd4t6jg3LJmZ

Question : I feel like my damage is a little low for my gear, and i'd like some pointers on how to improve, i do know my SR/defile usage on some fight is litteraly shit.
    Last edited by nephzor; 2015-01-08 at 10:28 PM.

Hey man just wanna say thanks for helping us out. So my issue is that other DKs around my Ilvl seem to pull more dps than I do. I was wondering if you could help me figure out why, or where im doing something wrong, or maybe if frost is more viable atm. Imperator, Butcher, and twins are the fights I have most trouble on. Been going frost for butcher but those arent on warcraft logs. Thanks for your time.

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Ebolaczar/simple
    Logs: warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/996702/latest/#boss=1705

Miff

Looking at armory it seems fine, only thing I'd mention is for any fight with magic damage I'd recommend taking one of the many AMS glyphs, I usually just roll with regenerative magic or w/e it's called. Also Your dps will not be competitive for fights as frost except for on butcher.

I'm not that proficient as 2h any more and I don't really know how to use world of logs all that well. However your Oblit crits seem low, you only had 25 crits despite having 35KM procs, that means you're wasting KM procs on Frost Strike, you should only be doing this if you'll cap RP if you don't use FS or if you have to wait more than like 5 seconds for an Oblit. 47 Howling blasts looks like a lot as well, you might be sacrificing Oblits for HBs. Make sure you use 2 pots each fight, 1 before you get in combat and another during the fight with pillar of frost, in execute range and preferably with heroism/bloodlust if you didn't use it on pull. Disease Uptime can be higher, especially blood plague which was under 90% uptime.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quipster

Your armory looks fine in terms of gems enchants talents glyphs.

The first log you linked won't load for me. For butcher log more Soul Reapers, as you said, higher up time on diseases, you capped RP twice during heroism/bloodlust. Try save your Gargoyle and 2nd Pot for heroism/execute phase. Your Scourge Strike usage seems low, I'm getting as many as you in a 1min shorter fight. Make sure you're not wasting Plague Leech or letting pairs of runes go unused and don't use Festering Strike unless you have a Blood/Frost rune pair, otherwise use Scourge Strike for UH/Death runes.

Other than that I can't see any other issues. Low DPS compared to other DKs with your ilvl could mean they have better itemized gear, they could have a Scabbard of Kyanos which is very strong, their fight lengths could be shorter which means their dps won't drop as much throughout the fight, stuff like that.

As for Imperator, a lot of DKs will be aoe'ing the adds the entire time they're up which will obviously give them much higher dps. As for your lower BB count compared to other DKs, it could be that they've been designated to aoe the adds and hence will spend more time in the fight using their aoe rotation rather than single target. It's hard to compare logs on Imperator, there's so many factors that can lead to low dps or ridiculously high dps.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nephzor

Looking at your armory, everything seems fine there.

Looking at your butcher H log, you could probably have higher uptime on Diseases.

Can probably get 2-3 more soul reapers in and maybe 1 more defile.

You only used 1 potion, also use your 2nd Blood Fury with your 2nd gargoyle/pot since you wont be able to get a 3rd blood fury off regardless of when you use it.

Did you really need to empower rune weapon 9 seconds into the fight? would probably be better in execute phase if you run out of runes to keep up SR and defile or something.

Your Dark Transformation uptime seems a bit low as well. Your first DT is at 15sec into the fight which is alright but your second DT isn't until 1:06. Your first DT would have worn off at 45seconds but it shouldn't take 21 seconds to get 5 death coils and use your second DT?

Otherwise nothing else is sticking out.

Keep in mind that having a Scabbard of Kyanos makes a big difference in your dps, most of the top ranked DKs will have one, not saying you have to get one but that might be another reason why you're below other DKs even if they have the same ilvl as you. Your slightly longer kill time for butcher doesn't help either, most guilds are getting ~3min kills so your 4min kill disadvantages you slightly as well.

If you fix all of the above and still are having trouble PM me or make another post.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zypher01

Firstly as far as 2h Frost vs Unholy, the only fight you might choose frost is on Butcher and only if you can play 2h frost better than you can play unholy. The dps difference is so small that you're better off sticking with whatever spec you can play best/have the better gear for. For Imperator, unless you get to aoe the adds, your dps is going to be low compared to other DKs, keep that in mind.

Looking at armory your 2nd ring isn't enchanted, I'm assuming you just got it and didn't have time or forgot or whatever. Obviously buying the 50 stat gems will be a dps gain as well if you feel its worth it.

Looking at H Butcher log, you need much higher uptime on diseases, 86% is just bad, aim for 98%+. If you have trouble tracking them there are lots of addons that help you do this.

You need a lot more Soul Reapers, this is your top priority when boss is at sub 45%. You can even precast one at 46-48% depending on how fast his hp is dropping.

You only used 1 potion, use one at ~1-2 seconds on pull timer and then the 2nd preferably during hero with gargoyle.

You used Remorseless Winter, was this an accident? Either way its a wasted GCD.

Try to save gargoyle for heroism on that fight. It doesn't matter if you don't use it as soon as the CD is done because you wont get a 3rd gargoyle off. You could have waited another 10 seconds then used Gargoyle with hero and you still would have benefited from the full duration of gargoyle.

Your Dark Transformation uptime looks a bit low. Make sure you're trying to re-empower it as soon as it wares off. Looking at your opening rotation you should have been able to get your first DT off at 15seconds but you used 3 more Scourge Strikes instead which pushed your DT to 21seconds. You can even track the remaining time on Dark Transformation and pool RP when it's about to ware off if you really want to try maximise your uptime.

You could get another 2 or so Plague Leeches off if you need the runes.

Also in your opener you capped RP which is a waste, you really want those early death coils asap for your dirst dark transformation.

As for Twin Ogrons, similar things, more Defiles, especially when bosses are stacked, 7 defiles on a 5:39min fight isn't enough. Looks like you're using festering strike a bit too much, this might be the reason your Blood Boils are low. You used Blood Boil 49 times in a 5min 39sec fight, I got 73 BBs in a 4min 7sec fight. And again you only used 1 potion. For Twin Ogron, an example opener would be Outbreak > Festering Strike x2 > Scourge Strike > Defile. Now this has all of your runes on Cooldown so spam those Death Coils and thanks to Blizzard's buggy coding, the 2 frost runes that are now death runes will STAY death runes so long as you're using them as Blood Runes. Its hard to explain/understand but basically if you keep spamming BB all fight and only use Scourge Strike/Defile/Plague Strike/Soul Reaper on your REAL unholy runes (not frost death runes) then those frost runes will stay death runes the entire fight so you'll have 4x death runes and 2x unholy runes. If they do turn back into Frost Runes use Icy Touch to change them back to death. I hope this makes sense.

Not seeing too much else, any more questions feel free to PM or reply
    Last edited by Axphyxiate; 2015-01-09 at 05:33 AM.

@axphyxiate

thanks for the fast answer, i appreciate the help

about ERW that's a problem too i never really know when i should use it so i always used it in my opener, ill tray what you said and use it for the execution phase which will probably help me with my SR and defile usage

should i try and keep runic power(making sure not to cap ofc) until i can gain SI stacks again ? i did read to keep RP and making sure not to cap it, but i also read another post somewhere that was saying to always use DC even if DT is already up

also about scabbard, is it really that much of a dps boost compared to bottle of infesting spores ?

When to use ERW is basically a judgement call. The best time to use it is when all your runes are on long cooldowns and you have less than 30 RP with Plague Leech on CD and nothing else to cast basically. This shouldn't happen too often so I usually save it for burst damage or for execute to make sure I can keep SR/Defile on CD etc. But its definitely situational as when to best use it.

You don't have to pool RP the entire time, only when DT is about to end. So maybe start pooling around 10 seconds left on DT? To be honest, I don't pool RP and I still do okay. It will give you a bit of a dps boost though. If you time it perfectly and have 90 RP pooled just as DT ends you can spam 3 DCs and then you only need 60 more RP before your pet is empowered again. On the other hand if you're not getting Runic Corruption procs because you're trying to save RP then it could be a dps loss waiting on runes to regen normally so its somewhat situational again xD

Scabbard is very strong due to the fact that its 2200 Str which you can use whenever you want it and it lines up perfectly with Gargoyle. Obviously Strength is our best stat but to give you an idea, for my character's stat weightings, Str is about 1.5x the value of Multistrike. To be honest I haven't compared Scabbard to bottle or tectus' heart but I'm confident its better than both, even on Mythic. I don't think I'll be replacing it until BRF.
    Last edited by Axphyxiate; 2015-01-09 at 05:11 AM.

once again thanks for the help

i think ill start saving up for scabbard, hopefully price will go down a little on my server :P

Deleted
    Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/blackrock/Gripstar/advanced
    Spec: 2H Frost
    Warcraft Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/W3X8NzPYnxtFdCvb#type=damage-done&fight=4
    Question: I was wondering if there are some improvements that i could still make.
    I know that my SR and BP are not as optimal as they could be.

Thanks in advance for the help

Deleted
    Can someone tell me how to improve my DPS on HC Imp? I had inbetween 16 to 18k DPS and I dont know if that's too low for my iLvl (had 646ilvl with a 630 wep) edit: actually I know it's too low so its more a question about how to improve.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Bothgar/simple
    World of Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&fight=22
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): I want to improve my performance on HC Imperator.
    I have no clue what I should do better since I tried to follow the single target rotation, switched to blood boiling as soon as the add spawned, and went with the standard
    gargolye on cd > SR on cd in execute range > defile on cd > pooling RP when DT is about to fall off to get it up asap > scourge strike/festering strike

Died early in first try and got rezzed 30sec afterwards, and died in the last phase of the last try.
    Last edited by mmoca226892fbd; 2015-01-10 at 11:31 PM.

One of our tanks for heroic progression (Blood DK) is having some issues. Mechanically speaking, he is doing OK and improving (slowly), but his DPS is just ridiculously low, not just for his gear/spec, but in general. To see the difference, I actually invited another Blood DK to last weeks Raid to compare the differences and see if I could derive anything from logs.

I do not, however, main Blood DK, and can't seem to draw much as to why the output of our DK is so low.. I actually tried bloood out fot he first time on my UH DK, and was pulling about the same dps, with much lower ilvl gear, all of two weeks of experience etc... This is a friend and guildie of mine, and the only advice other blood DK's I've asked to see what is wrong was to find another tank :-X

If anyone a little more knowledgeable could take a glance and give me some feedback to pass on, I (and the raid at large) would really appreciate it. I am aware of the low-ish uptime, and I believe the stat priority may be outdated (or at least no optimal). Looking forward to feedback!

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...riggs/advanced
    Spec: Blood
    World of Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ht=8&source=40
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): Why is this Blood DK's DPS so miserably low?

Koruun

Your damage is low because you died. In your kill you were dead for the last 1.5minutes which would have all been in execute range plus there's a lot of aoe in the last phase. Try doing the fight without dying and see what your dps is like then, if you still think it's low then post again and we can look at your logs again.

I will say that for a fight with so much aoe your Blood Boil usage looks low. Your Soul Reapers also look kinda low, you should be able to get a soul reaper off on each add if you use it early enough. Defile could have been used a couple extra times. You used Death Strike even though you could have popped death pact or IBF, its sort of a wasted rune. Disease uptime should be higher. Your Outbreak usage looks weird, you should really be pairing it with plague leech as much as possible so that you don't have to waste an unholy rune on plague strike to reapply diseases.

Keep in mind you're still not super geared and having a 630 weapon wouldn't have helped either.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Chelldk/simple
    Spec: Frost
    World of Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=4
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): I have had a very, very difficult time finding a guild who'll accept me onto their raid team. I have done a number of 'trials' and have constantly been told - no, your dps is absolutely garbage. So, I'm really trying to understand what I need to be doing differently.

A few things:

1) I do not have the gold to just go buy a SoK.
    2) I do not have a 645 2h to just switch.
    3) I have coined 19 times on Butcher and not been able to get a weapon upgrade, still using 645 weapons.
    4) I just don't know UH or have a weapon to just switch.

Am I basically just screwed and doomed to LFR and Flex, if an when I can convince someone to take me. Or is there something that I can do to improve as a DW FDK? Last night I was told that I should be doing at least 29+ K on all fights to even be considered. I just don't see how I can get that kind of DPS out of the gear that I have.

@Psynx Craft a weapon or cap conquest and buy a 660 one?

But no, you won't be pulling 29k in your gear, especially not single target fights like butcher. I'm not sure how bad DW is at the moment but it's definitely weaker aoe than UH and weaker single target than 2H/UH.

I'd say just cap conquest and you should be able to buy a weapon then go and learn UH, It's better than 6/7 fights in Highmaul and on par with 2H frost for butcher.
    Last edited by Axphyxiate; 2015-01-12 at 02:35 PM.