Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    For anyone who's watching for AP buffs etc in order to maximise unholy dots - download an addon called DKDOTS, simplifies things massively.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...zriin/advanced
    Spec: 2h Frost, Runic Empowerment
    World of Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/gowu3yvadguz4ozj/ , http://worldoflogs.com/reports/ks1adsm8gdey5w92/
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): Frankly, I feel like I'm not pushing near as much DPS as I'm capable of doing given the gear that I have. I know I'm mistiming my Killing Spree procs at times and blowing them on a Frost Strike. That's one area I immediately see I need to work on, but I'm looking at more experienced DK eyes to help me optimize, as I've never raided with a DK prior to MoP. (Also keep in mind, I just got Starshatter last night. Prior to that I was using LFR Shin'ka without the gem). My guild has just recently started raiding and we're not very far yet, only having down 5/6 in MSV. So I'm trying to eke out every last bit of damage to help as much as possible.

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide!
    Last edited by Napalm Backflip; 2013-02-19 at 05:02 PM.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/whisperwind/Nywoe/simple
    Spec: dw frost
    World of Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-mqiz2s71068hq1fh/details/5/?s=3717&e=4142
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC):

This is my first tier normal mode raiding. I askmrrobot myself frequently, read eliteist jerks, etc. I mostly just want to know if there is anything wrong in a major way with my damage or set up. (I know not specific). I have the LFR darkmist vortex which I'm not using, as when I equipped it and "simmed" myself (if I did it correctly), my dps was less. My main problem I think is that I still have the 476 elegon offhand. At this point I'm sorta assuming that its upgrade will be a 502 or 522 from 5.2. I think/believe that my pre-potting /and potting could be "tighter".

Anything look "way off"? Thanks for any help.

I just looked over the log quickly Brohez:

- Seems like you only used 5 PoFs on a 7 minute fight, should be able to squeeze out 2 more.
    - Ghoul was only up for 160 sec it seems, can be up for 240 sec (I might be off here).
    - Didn't notice any Army usage (Army is HUGE damage).
    - Blood Plague uptime is low (79.6%).
    - According to expression editor, you were hit by Lightning Prison a couple of times, but you only used AMS once towards the end of the fight. If you get the lightning prison debuff (the ~4 sec one that you get prior to being stunned), hitting AMS will prevent you from being stunned and doing the lightning AoE - you won't have to move and don't lose GCDs from being stunned, thus getting more damage.
    - Only 3 soul reapers, and it seems the target didn't last long enough to take damage from the actual "detonation" portion of it. Should be able to use it quite a few times on Protectors (maybe make a weakaura/poweraura or something to help you out when current target is sub 35%).
    - Quite a few KM procs were used on obliterate rather than Frost Strike. Try to have enough RP so that whenever you get a KM proc, you can use it on a Frost Strike instead of obliterate. You should end up with more Frost Strike crits than non-crits.

Hope that helps.

So I've been checking your loggs Napalm, and just looking at your rotation, you're poping Pillar of Frost right at the start, which you shouldn't do. You should wait until you get a str procc or two from trinkets/unholy strength before using it. You should use your ghoul right of the bat though, as it doesn't scale with stats anymore, so just pop it before a pull. Also, I don't see Army of the Dead, which is a great DPS cooldown which you should always use in a fight (in most case, 5 seconds before a pull). Depending on what kind of fight, you might want to save it to use it in the middle of the fight (Ambershaper for example when he runs back to the middle in phase 3 with stacks).

Also, you seem to be ignoring the use of Freezing Fog, which you should really do.You should always dump your free HB when you get one. For example at Feng:

[20:46:29.896] Ahzriin gains Freezing Fog from Ahzriin
    [20:46:29.896] Ahzriin gains Unholy Strength from Ahzriin
    [20:46:30.252] Ahzriin Obliterate Feng the Accursed *144621*
    [20:46:30.651] Ahzriin gains Unwavering Might from Ahzriin
    [20:46:30.651] Ahzriin gains Blessing of the Celestials from Ahzriin
    [20:46:31.043] Ahzriin Stormlash Feng the Accursed 6941
    [20:46:31.301] Ahzriin casts Obliterate on Feng the Accursed
    [20:46:31.301] Ahzriin's Freezing Fog is refreshed by Ahzriin

As you see, you basicly wasted a free Howling Blast and had it overwritten by a new one. In that 2 second window where you were waiting for your runes to Obliterate, you should have used the HB.

Other then that you seem quite solid on using Obliterate on KM proccs, specc wise I tend to avoid Plague Leech as 2h frost since you actually only use it about once every minute, since it's not as smooth as for DW frost seeing as HB is your main DPS spell in that specc. I'd recommend going with Unholy Blight, where in fights you can basicly have a rotation of Outbreak > Unholy Blight > Outbreak > Plague Strike > Outbreak > Unholy Blight > Outbreak. You don't use AMS a lot though, atleast from the Feng logg you used it 0 times, which is quite a DPS loss and also a strain on your healers. Whenever there is magic damage, you should always pop AMS if you need runic power, since it's often guaranteed you will get full runic power from one magic spell coming from a boss. Also, the healers love people who uses defensive cooldowns.
    Last edited by Kapaya; 2013-02-25 at 11:54 AM.

Thanks Kapaya, I appreciate the tips. I'm still a little new to the DK. I didn't have AMS in a good spot on my bars. I moved it prior to last nights raid and things went much better overall.

I didn't realize the ghoul no longer scaled with stats! I've been saving pillar for just before ghoul usage, I won't worry about that anymore. And I always seem to be trying to find the best time to Army and forget to use it because of the rune cost.

I'll work on that Freezing Fog as well. I definitely appreciate the tips. Its good to hear from someone who can pick those logs apart better than I can.

BTW, here's last evening's Feng. Getting better.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/onqm9...?s=2214&e=2574
    Last edited by Napalm Backflip; 2013-02-25 at 07:50 PM.

I switched from my DK to my Warrior a month or two ago, and came back to DK tonight. My DPS seemed subpar, but I'm also rusty and relied a bit on CLCDK and was late on my soul reaper (different execute ranges between dk and warrior.)

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...elial/advanced
    Spec: 2h Frost, Runic Empowerment
    World of Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...9/?s=126&e=424
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): Even though I'm rusty, had connection problems, and was plain bad with soul reaper, my DPS felt below where it should be. Feng isn't the best fight to use, but I had connection problems. Also I was using LFR starshatter during the fight and got the normal one after. Coming back after a hiatus I'm heavily reliant on CLCDK, and I know I need to not be, but it's a pain going from class to class.
    Top 100.

Deleted
    Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-maelstrom/Shaggeh/advanced
    Spec: 2H Frost
    World of Logs: worldoflogs.com/reports/szkgbhqtfa1s9yz8/details/3/?s=3352&e=3799
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): I've acquired a lot of gear in the last 2 weeks, and I'm fairly new to DK DPS, which shows.
    I've watched many videos and read many guides on how to prioritize my abilites, however I still feel like my DPS is way too low for the gear that I have.
    The logs are from last night, from our first night on Council of Elders 10N. I honestly do not know what exactly could I do better or smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by shageh View Post
    Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-maelstrom/Shaggeh/advanced
    World of Logs: worldoflogs.com/reports/szkgbhqtfa1s9yz8/details/3/?s=3352&e=3799
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): I've acquired a lot of gear in the last 2 weeks, and I'm fairly new to DK DPS, which shows.
    I've watched many videos and read many guides on how to prioritize my abilites, however I still feel like my DPS is way too low for the gear that I have.
    The logs are from last night, from our first night on Council of Elders 10N. I honestly do not know what exactly could I do better or smarter.
    You need A LOT more haste. Instead of gemming straight up strength, you should gem for either 320 haste or str/haste. Also I'm really not sure why you encahnted your bracers with 170 Mastery over 180 Strength.

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 09:23 PM ----------

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/eredar/Araho/advanced
    World of Logs: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-b37g7jrecbgktq6x/sum/damageDone/?s=70&e=259
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): I've gotten quite a bit more gear since this kill and I did mess up at the pull and used ERW too early however as it stands I'm currently sitting at around 12k haste. I don't know if this is an overkill of haste and if I should be gemming for strength after a certain point. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Araho; 2013-03-19 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Araho View Post
    You need A LOT more haste. Instead of gemming straight up strength, you should gem for either 320 haste or str/haste.
    Actually with the new gear and the amount of passive haste on gear, Strength once again is worth quite a bit more then haste, I have a similar level of gear and strength is valued nearly three times what haste is on Patchwerk, any movement nearly quadruples it's value.

Gem Strength, there's lots of movement this tier, and lots of stuff to soak with AMS, Haste's value is currently in the toilet compared to strength as a primary gem stat.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Armory us.battle.net/wow/en/character/madoran/Ceredorth/advanced
    Spec: Dual Wield Frost
    World of Logs worldoflogs.com/reports/d1m9v6yay34gyx1w/details/8/?s=797&e=1050
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC):I have been playing my DK for a while and been raiding on this character. I want to know if there is anything I can do to pull more dps. I've looked at Elitist Jerks etc. and I have been using simcraft. Sims have been telling me that I should go Haste > Mastery > Crit for DW and I am not sure if I should.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ercules/simple
    Spec: Unholy
    World of Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3967&e=4426
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): I switched to unholy after not being very successful with frost, at least not in comparison to the other DK in the Guild. However my damage is very lacking and I have trouble beating out the tanks in Damage for example on Magaera im just under the tanks doing 85k DPS. I do not have any logs for that fight however, I did link the logs on a boss where I was unholy, can I get some help as to what im doing wrong?

Deleted
    you want specifics on council?
    things that got my attention:
    1) your don't buff timmy up very quickly. On this log you waited nearly 30 sec after each time dark transformation ended before you could buff it up again. You can try anticipate this by stacking runic power without capping before DT end, then you spam death coils so that timmy is buffed very quickly as soon as DT ends.

2) your diseases hit for nothing! I see you focused Sul on the pull and your blood plague striked for 7k dmg, 12,5k max. Even if you don't play festerblight, wich isn't possible on council you have to pay attention when to refresh diseases. When most of your trinkets are lined up + the mogul potion on the pull, refresh them! its generally worth the shot. Thats the reason why i don't like lei shi's trinket: it doesn't help you get another str proc to buff diseases. But that's difficult to see on a fight like council depending on your role because the use of pestilence makes you unable to keep your buffed diseases.

3) diseases again, you don't have your diseases rolling on every boss. Since the boss don't heal up as soon as one dies like protectors, keeping diseases rolling on every one of them is awesome. That's the strength of dk's

4) you used only twice your AMS on a +6 min fight, you gained 59 runic power with it. Thats something you could try to keep in mind. On every flights there are mechanic that allows you to get free RP via AMS so why waste it?

5) i don't know how where your boss positioning, but as soon as you have 2 or more boss side by side, DnD is better than scourge strike!

hope it helped

10+ Year Old Account

Is Something Missing Frost DW

Hey all, I've been playing a frost dk for a while and i feel like lately something missing.
    Here's a log of a recent fight and an armoury link.
    BT and PL are not talents im interested in taking at the moment.
    Spec: Frost DW
    Armoury: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rriki/advanced
    WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=12597&e=13087

Cheers all all feedback is greatly appreciated and welcome.
    Last edited by phoenix01; 2013-03-26 at 06:29 AM.

Sig Made By Lilliputia....Thanks

Good day
    I just raised my raiding char a few weeks ago on US, I cannot show logs but they are not the main case.
    The case is the hard overcap of hit in this tier.
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...opunk/advanced
    What I'm thinking about:To switch all blue gems to Str-Haste(or even pure haste) to reach 8-8.8k haste for Frost
    I'm mainly playing frost 2h, speccing to UH on Council, Tortos&Durumu. Can anyone help me with it? Is it going to be correct decision?

Quote Originally Posted by php View Post
    you want specifics on council?
    things that got my attention:
    1) your don't buff timmy up very quickly. On this log you waited nearly 30 sec after each time dark transformation ended before you could buff it up again. You can try anticipate this by stacking runic power without capping before DT end, then you spam death coils so that timmy is buffed very quickly as soon as DT ends.

2) your diseases hit for nothing! I see you focused Sul on the pull and your blood plague striked for 7k dmg, 12,5k max. Even if you don't play festerblight, wich isn't possible on council you have to pay attention when to refresh diseases. When most of your trinkets are lined up + the mogul potion on the pull, refresh them! its generally worth the shot. Thats the reason why i don't like lei shi's trinket: it doesn't help you get another str proc to buff diseases. But that's difficult to see on a fight like council depending on your role because the use of pestilence makes you unable to keep your buffed diseases.

3) diseases again, you don't have your diseases rolling on every boss. Since the boss don't heal up as soon as one dies like protectors, keeping diseases rolling on every one of them is awesome. That's the strength of dk's

4) you used only twice your AMS on a +6 min fight, you gained 59 runic power with it. Thats something you could try to keep in mind. On every flights there are mechanic that allows you to get free RP via AMS so why waste it?

5) i don't know how where your boss positioning, but as soon as you have 2 or more boss side by side, DnD is better than scourge strike!

hope it helped
    Thanks for the tips, I will focus more on keeping Timmy buffed. In regards to diseases being weak, I am using festerblight to keep my diseases up. How can I improve this? Also here is a better log on a Tortos 25N.

Log http://worldoflogs.com/reports/l1fas...?s=4140&e=4575

Deleted
    tortos is not easy to festerblight. I never succeeded doing it on this boss for the simple reason that if you pestilence from the boss it won't reach the bats, if you pestilence from the bats it will reach the boss. So if you are on bat duty, unless they are tanked far away from the boss or at the contrary juste underneath his hitbox (we never do it either way) it is impossible to keep buffed diseases on the boss.
    you could ask your tank to tank the bats in the middle of the room, so that when you pestilence from the bats it won't reaches the boss to reapply weaker diseases but i doubt that making such placement for your dps only would be welcomed

And concerning festerblight, I dont have feather trinket but i use VP trinket+relic from inscription. The biggest blood pl non crit tick i can get is at 40k. It's the least you must have to be effective in fester blight i think, and i'm not even sure its an up with my trinkets.
    You are using the lei shi trinket with doesn't give you any strength so you can only be under "potion+fallen crusader+blessing of the celestians". Thats weak for buffed diseases. If you don't have the vp trinket i don't think that fester blight would be effective!

The thing with festerblight is to have 2 strength trinket, be under potion and fallen crusader, keep normal UH rotation when all the procs are up, then spam FeS to get long duration disease. As soon as you get a str proc you use SS, then when it fades you go FeS. The thing is to manage your diseases so that they fade at the moment the boss dies. You have to juge that and go UH normal playstyle from time to time so that you don't have 5 min diseases left when boss dies because it would be a huge dps loss!

edit: you have a rogue in your group, you can ask him his tricks when you are at max proc (2 trinkets+potion+FC). As soon as you get the tricks you apply your diseases, they will get the 15% dmg increase for the whole fight!
    Last edited by mmoc3ac2b662a7; 2013-03-27 at 05:39 PM.

tortos is not easy to festerblight. I never succeeded doing it on this boss for the simple reason that if you pestilence from the boss it won't reach the bats, if you pestilence from the bats it will reach the boss. So if you are on bat duty, unless they are tanked far away from the boss or at the contrary juste underneath his hitbox (we never do it either way) it is impossible to keep buffed diseases on the boss.
    you could ask your tank to tank the bats in the middle of the room, so that when you pestilence from the bats it won't reaches the boss to reapply weaker diseases but i doubt that making such placement for your dps only would be welcomed

And concerning festerblight, I dont have feather trinket but i use VP trinket+relic from inscription. The biggest blood pl non crit tick i can get is at 40k. It's the least you must have to be effective in fester blight i think, and i'm not even sure its an up with my trinkets.
    You are using the lei shi trinket with doesn't give you any strength so you can only be under "potion+fallen crusader+blessing of the celestians". Thats weak for buffed diseases. If you don't have the vp trinket i don't think that fester blight would be effective!

The thing with festerblight is to have 2 strength trinket, be under potion and fallen crusader, keep normal UH rotation when all the procs are up, then spam FeS to get long duration disease. As soon as you get a str proc you use SS, then when it fades you go FeS. The thing is to manage your diseases so that they fade at the moment the boss dies. You have to juge that and go UH normal playstyle from time to time so that you don't have 5 min diseases left when boss dies because it would be a huge dps loss!

edit: you have a rogue in your group, you can ask him his tricks when you are at max proc (2 trinkets+potion+FC). As soon as you get the tricks you apply your diseases, they will get the 15% dmg increase for the whole fight!
    I think I am confused what you mean by festerblight rotation, all it is.. is using festerstrike to refresh the cd on my diseases on the boss.. and avoid refreshing them from plague strike, pestilence or outbreak.

Also, I don't understand why i would use SS when all my procs are up and not Fester? Is it just for more damage? Or is there another reason behind it?

Thanks again

Deleted
    just for more dmg. But well you cannot just Fes on a boss or you would end with a boss having diseases that last for 10 min when he dies!

So you have to be precise about your Fes. You want to keep them rolling long enough, but not too long. The simplest way to deal with that (since SS deals more damage per rune that FeS) is to use FeS with all runes, and when you gets diseases that last for 40-50 sec or you get a proc, then you can use death rune on SS.
    As soon as they drop at a low duration (that you define yourself btw) you then uses Fes with death runes once again.

If you let the boss dies with diseases up then you would have used too much death runes on FeS. Since FeS is weaker than SS its a dps loss.

just for more dmg. But well you cannot just Fes on a boss or you would end with a boss having diseases that last for 10 min when he dies!

So you have to be precise about your Fes. You want to keep them rolling long enough, but not too long. The simplest way to deal with that (since SS deals more damage per rune that FeS) is to use FeS with all runes, and when you gets diseases that last for 40-50 sec or you get a proc, then you can use death rune on SS.
    As soon as they drop at a low duration (that you define yourself btw) you then uses Fes with death runes once again.

If you let the boss dies with diseases up then you would have used too much death runes on FeS. Since FeS is weaker than SS its a dps loss.
    Ok I understand, thank you.