Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMog64 View Post
    The reason why this is shitty is because Metzen forgot that Draenei were in the game to begin with and just retconed the idea that there are many 'worlds of warcraft' or 'planets' or something out there with many versions or alterations of the races of WoW somewhere in outer space. This is exceptionally bad story writing.

Edit: I was slightly off from what I remembered but the bad story telling element still stands: http://www.wowwiki.com/Draenei_controversy

WoW isnt based on the warcraft series lore? Is someone sniffing sharpies?

Also as far as WoW/Titan goes there hasn't been a whole lot of information out there as to what exactly Titan is. From memory Blizzard said it is going to be a casual MMO. This makes me think that it will be Free 2 Play with micro transactions or something that way it doesn't get in the way of WoW's subscription model. Other than that its been 3? 4? 5? years since they announced that they were working on the project and haven't said a word yet... I doubt they will create "WoW2". They will just upgrade graphics in WoW like they are currently doing and constantly expand upon WoW. The reason World of Warcraft 2 won't come is because the people who want to play it are the same people already stabley paying 15$ per month playing a game they already own and are invested into. This is why Ultima Online 2 never came out and was canceled, because they were making a game for the exact same audience they already have.
    You, sir, have a lot to learn about sarcasm.
    Also, I agree that the draenei storytelling is poor. But i wanted to point out the obvious flaw of mentioning the blood-elves in the same sentence.

Here is what I think/HOPE...

Warcraft 4 does not have to be set in the future. I actually hope it isn't set in the future, but rather the past. There is a goldmine of lore in Warcraft way before the events that took place to set WoW's storyline.

I hope that the story is set during the Arathor era. The Blood Elves have just moved to Silvermoon and are fighting the Troll Horde, and the Arathor Empire is struggling to keep it's self together, meanwhile the Troll threat lingers over them as well. They learn magic from the Blood Elves and try to contain it, but it is difficult and the Burning Legion lingers in the background.

This eventually, years from now, could even set the plot for WoW2.

Deleted
    I dont think a warcraft IV taking place in the future would be able to be created after WoW is up and running.
    Although imo a warcaft IV game with events taking place in the past like the imprisoning of the Old Gods by the Titans or the story of the Draeneis as a campaign would be nice because through this we could get a deeper and funnier look in Lore than books(and im a bookworm) or blue posts. Meaning who can ever dislike the journey of Arthas until purge Stratholme:P.

Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    I believe the number of people who played Warcraft 1 and 2 is negligible to the amount of people who played Warcraft 3.
    I'm pretty sure most people knew (I'm actually 100% sure) the Pandaren because of Dota's brewmaster.
    K I joined this forum for the sole purpose of replying to you who are " (100% sure)" of everything...and yet are completely wrong. Everyone I knew back when Warcraft 3 was rocking played it for the campaign and the LADDER. DOTA and all of those custom maps came later. THE PANDAREN BREWMASTER WAS A SELECTABLE HERO IN LADDER MULTIPLAYER. It had absolutely nothing to do with DOTA until later.

If you haven't played Warcraft 3.....which it sounds like you obviously haven't as anyone who played it would KNOW that brewmaster was part of the game and not just some DOTA hero, you really shouldn't make comments like you're an expert. You obviously have no clue and if you have played the game it was well after WoW's release when WC3's Huge multiplayer ladder community had already moved on.

That is all.
    Last edited by rhiggins20; 2013-01-24 at 03:57 AM.

You know, I'm kind of dubious about the possibility of future Warcraft RTS games given the existence of WoW but... here's one possibility: they could release Warcraft 4 and a WoW expansion in tandem, and have them run side by side. You could play through the RTS side of the game in WC4 and the RPG side of the game in WoW, so that the two storylines occur simultaneously and complement each other. That would be a hell of a thing to pull off (read: doubt it would ever happen) but imagine how cool it could be if they did!

I believe the number of people who played Warcraft 1 and 2 is negligible to the amount of people who played Warcraft 3.
    I'm pretty sure most people knew (I'm actually 100% sure) the Pandaren because of Dota's brewmaster.
    The hell? Brewmasters and Chen in particular were in the Frozen Throne campaign. In fact Chen had a big role in the Orc campaign alongside Rexxar.

At least I'm pretty sure it was TFT... does anyone remember if Brewmasters were in-game in original WC3?

Definitely wasn't DOTA anyway.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 04:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    your wrong about that. sure the first two warcraft games youd be right about but warcraft 3 had a huge following of people who loved the lore. why do you think pandaren were the most asked for race?
    Warcraft 1 and especially Warcraft 2 were massively popular games in their time. Of course that was quite a while ago so us old timers are outnumbered by all the little brats who think Mass Effect 1 is an old game now :P

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 04:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Heroes of Warcraft totally sounds like a name for the Blizzard DotA game
    Or a Heroes of Might & Magic style game. But that's a bit out of fashion now, and Warcraft 3 was essentially a fusion of Warcraft and HoMM anyway. So unlikely.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2013-01-24 at 04:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You know, I'm kind of dubious about the possibility of future Warcraft RTS games given the existence of WoW but... here's one possibility: they could release Warcraft 4 and a WoW expansion in tandem, and have them run side by side. You could play through the RTS side of the game in WC4 and the RPG side of the game in WoW, so that the two storylines occur simultaneously and complement each other. That would be a hell of a thing to pull off (read: doubt it would ever happen) but imagine how cool it could be if they did!
    Imagine a metagame RTS in WoW.

The hell? Brewmasters and Chen in particular were in the Frozen Throne campaign. In fact Chen had a big role in the Orc campaign alongside Rexxar.

At least I'm pretty sure it was TFT... does anyone remember if Brewmasters were in-game in original WC3?
    Once you completed TFT you'd unlock this extra campaign. Your first hero was Rexxar. Your second one Carn. And the third one was Chen. It was the first time I saw Pandaren but could've been me. It felt weird to me, the character, and once I had the hang of it, I enjoyed it very much. "Have one on the house" indeed!

Brewmasters was before, like a secret NPC. You was need to search hard and explore all the map in story.

10+ Year Old Account
    As an RTS, it could easily be something in WoWs past (Trolls vs Aqir, for instance).
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    As an RTS, it could easily be something in WoWs past (Trolls vs Aqir, for instance).
    As cool as that would be, it wouldn't be Warcraft with the Alliance vs. the Horde, or at least orcs vs. humans.

Deleted
    I think.. this is Titan.

Deleted
    Oh yes I would love to see Warcraft 4, though I do admit the timeline would cause problems.
    Set it in the future and those Warcraft fans who do not play wow will be angry...
    Start it from Cataclysm and current wow players will be angry...

...I guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    i would like one but i dont wana see wow end then i gotta finish the games story without my character who ive seen as the games main character

maybe a wc game telling of past events?
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Deleted
    An interesting thing is that they could continue the story where they left the Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne, like, another alternative story, instead of World of Warcraft.

I don't think there's is significant reason to believe they're making WC 4. It's possible, but it could be anything. Could be Legacy of the Void, the next expansion, some new unannounced game, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotaro View Post
    i could potentially see wow ending soon maybe 2-3 expansions ending with the defeat of the legion.
    Blizzard make mistakes, but they are not THAT stupid
    WoW is filling their bank account, of course it wont end
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

I like how when people see "Warcraft 4" they immediately think "Sequel".

I wouldn't mind if WC4 became an RTS based around the War of the Ancients.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Probably close to 99% of the people who played Warcraft 3 played custom maps. 90% of those played Dota.

Valve has Dota 2
    Starcraft has map editor.

I don't see Warcraft 4 being a success.
    Since I have no idea what the sales figures are, but I know how many people enjoy the lore of these games I call shenanigans on your numbers.

I would love a warcraft 4 game, although because WOW is the front runner for story content I would hope they use Warcraft 4 to revisit Warcraft 1&2, and fill in several major gaps in the Warcraft lore. ie "Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans" needs to be redone, also visiting past Lore ie War of the Ancients, Troll Wars, War of the Shifting Sands, and the War of the Three Hammers

ie they can revist all the old games and they can visit ancient historic events which are mentioned which you can see the results.

-------------Everything Between here ---------
    (BM - Before Medivh opens the Dark portal, ADP - After Dark Portal, ~ = approximatly)
    10000 BM War of the Ancients - Night Elves vs Night Elves and Burning Legion
    ~2800BM Troll Wars - High Elves and Humans form an Alliance to fight the Troll empires
    ~1000BM War of the Shifting Sands - Night Elves and the Dragon Flights face off against the Qiraji and Silithid
    ~230BM War of the Three Hammers - Dwarves three way rumble.
    0 Dark Portal Opens, Warcaft 1
    4ADP the First War (Warcraft: Orcs & Humans) - ends Officially Orcs win and take Stormwind
    6ADP The Second War (Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness) Begins - The Kingdom of Lordaeron and the Alliance help to retake Stormwind and drive the Orcs off Azeroth.
    7ADP The Second War continues on Dreanor (Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal)
    ~18 ADP A Young human raised Orc named Thrall unites the broken Orc clans. A new horde is born. (Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans)
    23 ADP Thrall once again is in Durnholde Keep and Time travelers help him unite with Taretha Foxton - Escape from Durnholde Keep
    25 ADP The third War begins (Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos)
    26 ADP The third war ends (Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne )
    26 ADP Horde quest to build a homeland (Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne - bonus game)
    28 ADP Ends the bonus content
    30 ADP WOW begins -
    ----------------and here -------------------------
    32 ADP TBC
    34 ADP Wrath
    39 ADP Cata
    41 ADP MOP

I just hope that they just take Battle.net 1.0, instead of Battle.net 0.2 they had in SC2.

As well as make the map editor easier to learn, it's one thing that I loved with WC3, the editor is simply, the SC2 one is so fucking complex, that combined with how awful SC2 battle.net is, makes me not wanna even try.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Quote Originally Posted by Klavier Gavin View Post
    An interesting thing is that they could continue the story where they left the Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne, like, another alternative story, instead of World of Warcraft.
    Indeed, I'd love to see this. For a lot of people, WoW ruined the lore that WC3: TFT builded up. Kinda including for me.

They could do something like:

Human campaign: You controll Bolvar Fordragon as the hero. He needs to attack the Defias Brotherhood in Westfall, enter Deadmines and rescue Varian Wrynn. Afterwards Onyxia shows her true form in Stormwind, and tries to raze the city to the ground. Bolvar needs to save Stormwind with his human army. After that, he sails to theramore and asks Jaina for help to defeat Onyxia. They succeed and the human campaign ends.

Undead campaign: You controll Anub'arak as a hero. He needs to clear out the remaining naga and blood elf forces around the Frozen Throne, and afterwards raid the city of Drak'tharon and Zul'drak. After those missions, you controll Sylvanas and Varimathras. They will be mainly fighting the Scarlet Crusade, and some of Kel'Thuzad's Scourge forces. After the Forsaken missions, you controll Arthas as the Lich King. He will be plannng to invade Lordaeron with a massive Scourge army, and whipe out the forsaken and retake Lordaeron City. He eventually succeeds.

Orc campaign: You will controll high overlord Saurfang. At first they will be making their way to Silithus, clearing out some centaurs and quilboars on the way. They also encounter some of Theramore's forces which they need to whipe out. Once in Siithus, they will be clearing Ahn'Qiraj, and defeat C'thung. Afterwards you will be controlling Thrall, trying to make a deal with the night elves to continue harvesting wood in Ashenvale. The night elves do not allow it, and eventually decide to whipe out the Warsong Clan. Thrall takes over the Warsong Clan and fights the night elves back, allowing the orcs to harvest wood.

Night elf campaign: You will be controlling Shandris Feathermoon. After the Legion's defeat, a large portion of demons and a large pit lord commander still remain in Felwood. Shandris need to clear them all out. After that you controll Malfurion, where he enters into the Emerald Dream with other druids. He needs to clear out the Dream from some enemies, only using druids as his army. After that you controll Tyrande, fighting against the orcs in Ashenvale. The battle will have no outcome, but she swears to destroy the Horde with all her might.

After this, we'll have to wait for the expansion.