Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Want Now! plz

Please dear god let it be so...I am desparate for another warcraft RTS (given that the story, gameplay and world editor are equal or better than that of WC3)

But I think this has more to do with Blizzard DOTA somehow....but one can hope
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    GC talks about WC IV
    http://bit.ly/11UCwii
    Typical GC. Why are you even quoting him? He's saying nothing. He's excusing himself to get compassion ("we're very busy") and then he's telling you what you want to hear ("it is interesting"). There is zero information in this Tweet. And I am not even angry at him or anything, my problem is why anyone would give this any value whatsoever. It bears none!!

What I think would be cool is to implement an RTS minigame in WoW. Roll out the feature as a major part of a new expansion and just patch in new campaigns as the new patches roll out. Maybe also make some of the missions and/or campaigns unlocked from doing stuff in-game i.e. an ancient troll mission from completing a troll artifact with archaeology or a human (or undead) one from getting an Arathi Basin achievement.

Amount of work it might take might not make this feasible even if Blizzard were to have the same idea but I'd like to think it might eventually be a possibility.

Deleted
    A Warcraft RTS without Orcs and Humans fighting each other just isn't Warcraft, don't even think about it.

We need a new RTS, Starcraft is great. But doesn't mean Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Indeed, I'd love to see this. For a lot of people, WoW ruined the lore that WC3: TFT builded up. Kinda including for me.

They could do something like:

Human campaign: You controll Bolvar Fordragon as the hero. He needs to attack the Defias Brotherhood in Westfall, enter Deadmines and rescue Varian Wrynn. Afterwards Onyxia shows her true form in Stormwind, and tries to raze the city to the ground. Bolvar needs to save Stormwind with his human army. After that, he sails to theramore and asks Jaina for help to defeat Onyxia. They succeed and the human campaign ends.

Undead campaign: You controll Anub'arak as a hero. He needs to clear out the remaining naga and blood elf forces around the Frozen Throne, and afterwards raid the city of Drak'tharon and Zul'drak. After those missions, you controll Sylvanas and Varimathras. They will be mainly fighting the Scarlet Crusade, and some of Kel'Thuzad's Scourge forces. After the Forsaken missions, you controll Arthas as the Lich King. He will be plannng to invade Lordaeron with a massive Scourge army, and whipe out the forsaken and retake Lordaeron City. He eventually succeeds.

Orc campaign: You will controll high overlord Saurfang. At first they will be making their way to Silithus, clearing out some centaurs and quilboars on the way. They also encounter some of Theramore's forces which they need to whipe out. Once in Siithus, they will be clearing Ahn'Qiraj, and defeat C'thung. Afterwards you will be controlling Thrall, trying to make a deal with the night elves to continue harvesting wood in Ashenvale. The night elves do not allow it, and eventually decide to whipe out the Warsong Clan. Thrall takes over the Warsong Clan and fights the night elves back, allowing the orcs to harvest wood.

Night elf campaign: You will be controlling Shandris Feathermoon. After the Legion's defeat, a large portion of demons and a large pit lord commander still remain in Felwood. Shandris need to clear them all out. After that you controll Malfurion, where he enters into the Emerald Dream with other druids. He needs to clear out the Dream from some enemies, only using druids as his army. After that you controll Tyrande, fighting against the orcs in Ashenvale. The battle will have no outcome, but she swears to destroy the Horde with all her might.

After this, we'll have to wait for the expansion.
    that is actually cool like a reboot kinda

I can already picture the intro cinematic dialogue:

"Pandaria was destroyed and every pandaren died... no one cares why". (they don't even get a render of dead pandaren)

"Jaina went apeshit". (Orgrimmar in flames with dead women, children and men)

"Heroes of the past return, real badass heroes, not some chen stormstout bullshit". (see Alleria and Dannath retaking Stromgarde)

End of cinematic, inc Warcraft 4, where you spend the human campaign clearing Azeroth of all Horde and then building beautiful human, dwarven, gnome and Night Elf/ High Elf cities. At some point Burning Legion comes back but Medivh reappears and kicks their ass.

End of Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually plot line wise they could pick right up where they left off in Warcraft 3. They could tell any of the stories they wanted to if they want to keep in touch with World of Warcraft. Or they could go a whole different way with a new story altogether. I can hear it already "no" ,"that's not gonna happen", "that's a stupid idea" well before you all flip out consider this. The majority of World of Warcraft players don't even know whats happening in the World of Warcraft plot line. Most can't even tell you who Arthas is anymore. This is due to World of Warcraft's nature its never really been about story its for the most part a hardcore raiding hardcore pvping game. So really if blizzard wanted to do Warcraft 4 i doubt most people would mind. Infact i think most people would enjoy going back to a RTS style game situated around story and strategy. Rather then the endless questing, grinding, raiding and pvping. Not to bring WoW down or anything but after so many years i am ready for a Warcraft 4

would be awesome with a mix of wow and wc4
    imagine lorewise: what happens in wc4 campaign, happening over a period of 6-8 months in wow aswell, redrawing the map in both games.

and even in gameplay.
    a "BG" big as a whole zone, where the NPC's is controlled by players in wc4, and the heroes are WoW players playing normally.

that could be introduced as "scenario 2.0", with each team being able to have 3 heroes for instance. I would atleast find that interesting
    Last edited by imoom; 2013-01-26 at 07:21 PM.

isn't blizzard DOTA supposed to have champions from SC and Diablo as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Altough I enjoyed WC3 very much and would appreciate another RTS around Warcraft, I kinda doubt that we will see Warcraft as an RTS anymore. Blizzard has SC as RTS, Diablo as an adventure hack'n'slash. Maybe they will make warcraft (not wow) into an open world singleplayer adventuregame like Skyrim? It would be better if they had different kinds of genres among their games.

And one more thing, "Heroes of Warcraft" sounds more of a DOTA game than what we think of.

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 08:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    isn't blizzard DOTA supposed to have champions from SC and Diablo as well?
    I was thinking this too but mentioned above, they can squeeze forth more champion ideas from warcraft universe.

BLIZZ Said @ the last blizzcon

we will get Mop

then HoS SC2 Xpac

then in 2013 we gona see WC4

go back to the vids and u will see it in the panel interviews

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by qaq2010 View Post
    BLIZZ Said @ the last blizzcon

we will get Mop

then HoS SC2 Xpac

then in 2013 we gona see WC4

go back to the vids and u will see it in the panel interviews