Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Willy Wonka View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give Eve and Shaco a chance. And sorry again for being so cocky, but LoL can be so damn frustrating sometimes.
    Hey, it's cool. You're forgiven. We all know how LoL can be sometimes.

Deleted
    I think it's your attitude that's the problem.

there are no champions that excel at escaping elo hell, because elo hell doesn't exist.
    you are at the ranking you are because you're playing champions you aren't 100% on or you're generally bad.

I would not be too surprised if you've played 20 different champions in these 40 games.
    you might play Caitlyn like a 2200 elo player but when it comes to Corki you might be playing him like a level 5 player.

you should focus on getting good with a small set of champions for a very limited set of roles (top, mid or mid, bot if you want to carry, supports can't carry a bad ad carry and junglers get too little gold to carry without a lot of kills) and keep playing those champions over and over until you reach the elo you want to be at.

elo can also be expressed as "how good do I play, per average?" and while you might have a 70% win rating with a specific champion that doesn't help if you have as many games played with another at 30%.

giving us your username would've also be a step forward so we can see your last couple of games

but as far as fotm champions go we have kha'zix, nidalee, evelynn & elise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Find a partner for duo's and try to get Malph + Orianna. Its a wombo combo that destroys late game.

Deleted
    twisted fate is pretty good at singlehandly carrying a game...if you know what you're doing you can win pretty much all but at least dont !lose! any midlane matchup 1on1 and at the point you are lvl6 you can easily gank other lanes, because the best ganker is the ganker that wasnt there 2 secs ago^^

problem is that people that believe in elo hell mostly deserve to be there...but hey thats not this threads topic i guess.

tldr: good twisted fate is forcing his teammates to win their lane
    Last edited by mmoc7a210b114d; 2013-01-13 at 01:51 AM.

Zed, Rumble, Evelynn, Darius, Akali, Kennen, Kha'zix.

These are elo carriers imo. All of them are incredibly strong.

Deleted
    If you play top, Yorick is a very strong pick. Pretty much free lane win against most top champs. Then you go from there.

He's even stronger this season because of Muramana.

Rumble is also a very good top pick, when you get used to his ult :P

Eve super strong mid pick as mentioned before (she gonna get nerfed though, but she's probably still gonna be good)
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2013-01-13 at 08:23 AM.

There are the same trolls after 1500 as there are in the 1200s, it's just a lot less often. I still see "mid or feed" quite often, even in gold+

The only difference between 1k and 1900 is decision making. There's only 6 buttons in the entire game, plus items

Don't play to win, play to not lose
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Quote Originally Posted by Pfeff View Post
    Don't play to win, play to not lose
    ^^ This.

OT: The only champion that can get you out of "ELO Hell" isn't just some FOTM that you haven't played, it is the champion you are most comfortable on and can play without thinking about your abilities/positioning too much.

TL;DR Champ you played so much it 2nd nature.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Solo queue about abusing OP champions ? Not really, most ppl play what they want and raise ELO without problem.
    Everything about the above statement is 100% incorrect.

SoloQ is most certainly about abusing OP champions...but the only way you abuse them is by playing well.

Also, most people do not simply "play what they want and raise ELO." Most people stay exactly where they are...a small minority of soloQ players actually raise their ELO. I'm not talking 100 elo gain...I'm talking about going from 1k to 1600. Very, very few people are actually able to do this.

There are two (maybe three) ways to accomplish this:

1. Master champions that have immense kill potential when roaming to other lanes.

2. Find a duoQ partner and play Mid + Jungle with a voice program. This maximizes your communicated ganks and roaming power...which transcends into map control.

3 (maybe). Play a Chaox-like ADC...keep your team in high spirits until late game and carry your mates on your broad shoulders with good positioning.
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2013-01-14 at 01:40 PM.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Everything about the above statement is 100% incorrect.

SoloQ is most certainly about abusing OP champions...but the only way you abuse them is by playing well.

Also, most people do not simply "play what they want and raise ELO." Most people stay exactly where they are...a small minority of soloQ players actually raise their ELO. I'm not talking 100 elo gain...I'm talking about going from 1k to 1600. Very, very few people are actually able to do this.

There are two (maybe three) ways to accomplish this:

1. Master champions that have immense kill potential when roaming to other lanes.

2. Find a duoQ partner and play Mid + Jungle with a voice program. This maximizes your communicated ganks and roaming power...which transcends into map control.

3 (maybe). Play a Chaox-like ADC...keep your team in high spirits until late game and carry your mates on your broad shoulders with good positioning.
    BS. For most solo queue is about playing what you are comfortable with. Thats what majority of players do. Grinding elo can be about abusing OP champs if you want to. But raising your elo is not all that solo queue is about. You said it yourself most players are more or less comfortable where they are or how fast their elo is raising. If everyone was obsessed with raising their elo we would see completelly different and much more uniform champion selects.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    BS. For most solo queue is about playing what you are comfortable with. Thats what majority of players do. Grinding elo can be about abusing OP champs if you want to. But raising your elo is not all that solo queue is about. You said it yourself most players are more or less comfortable where they are or how fast their elo is raising. If everyone was obsessed with raising their elo we would see completelly different and much more uniform champion selects.
    Both work. What's best is being comfortable with OP champions. Just because you play pre-nerf Diana or Talon doesn't mean an instant win. I've see more people lose with the "OP" champs as well because they don't know how to play them.

I mostly win when I play one of my best champs. If said champ happens to be stronger than most *cough*Ezreal*cough* then its just a bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, just learn AP Yi at that ELO and watch everyone submit to your poke.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 09:35 AM ----------

Also, I carried myself out of 800 ELO to 1300 with Shaco mostly, also non-duo. (Season 2)
    Last edited by Duronos; 2013-01-14 at 02:49 PM.
    Hey everyone

15+ Year Old Account
    I just don't see the logic there.

I play League of Legends to win games (at least in ranked). Therefore, I am inherently playing to raise ELO.

Playing to win means maximizing every advantage within your grasp. If this means mastering and abusing favorable champions, then so be it. For the most part, it really comes down to decisions and communication after the game has started. Ultimately, the biggest thing is being aware of what is going on in the entire map and making plays based on the given situation. However, if I can squeeze out an advantage with picks and bans...it will be done.

Addressing the bolded quote: just get comfortable with those high kill-potential / roaming / global presence champions. As Axe said, best of both worlds.
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2013-01-14 at 02:43 PM.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Both work. What's best is being comfortable with OP champions. Just because you play pre-nerf Diana or Talon doesn't mean an instant win. I've see more people lose with the "OP" champs as well because they don't know how to play them.

I mostly win when I play one of my best champs. If said champ happens to be stronger than most *cough*Ezreal*cough* then its just a bonus.
    It's more of a wording problem I think. You can't say that soloq is all about op champs ... because most ppl in soloq don't care. Raising elo fast ... that's more apropriate term. But I have seen ppl get to 2k playing supports like soraka in s2. No all carrying roaming god of a champ required. Pretty sure you can do the same with Sona or Lulu in s3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaden View Post
    Find a partner for duo's and try to get Malph + Orianna. Its a wombo combo that destroys late game.
    Or Shaco/Rengar for retarded ganks :S.

From my experience CC dominates solo quite hard under certain conditions. Chaining Malphite into Orianna into Lulu is one of the most retarded things you can do. It's almost like dota duration CC.

Just because you play pre-nerf Diana or Talon doesn't mean an instant win. I've see more people lose with the "OP" champs as well because they don't know how to play them
    Unfortunately it does, provided the fact you're not completely terrible. I'm like the worst jungler EU, yet still maintain near 100% win ratio with jungle Evelynn. Because that shit is not jungling, it's coming to lanes and facerolling people. Better ban it and try your luck with something that will be consistent and not nerfed.

In other words, winning with Evelynn does not make me any better jungler, and if I put more effort there, soon I could find out that I'm still terrible and have nothing to play as jungle, because I did not learn a thing from playing Evelynn.
    Last edited by mmoc064457dc87; 2013-01-14 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    I play League of Legends to win games (at least in ranked). Therefore, I am inherently playing to raise ELO.

Playing to win means maximizing every advantage within your grasp. If this means mastering and abusing favorable champions, then so be it. For the most part, it really comes down to decisions and communication after the game has started. However, if I can squeeze out an advantage with picks and bans...it will be done.
    I am not talking about what you play LoL for. I am talking about what most play LoL for. Winning is always sweet, but most players won't go to crazy lenghts to achieve that. Not on US/EU servers at least. Usually they don't even know what the right build for the champ they picked is in s3, especially at the elo OP is at.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am not talking about what you play LoL for. I am talking about what most play LoL for. Winning is always sweet, but most players won't go to crazy lenghts to achieve that. Not on US/EU servers at least. Usually they don't even know what the right build for the champ they picked is in s3, especially at the elo OP is at.
    Except you forgot the OP is asking how to raise their ELO.

That's why I'm responding in such a fashion.

But I have seen ppl get to 2k playing supports like soraka in s2. No all carrying roaming god of a champ required. Pretty sure you can do the same with Sona or Lulu in s3.
    Aside from Xpecial (who, according to lol-king...is playing more non-support than support), who else is doing that? I'd like to see some proof. I'm sure it has been done...but I'd be willing to wager its an extremely small percentage of those that have increased their ELO by more than 20%.

Side note: I never understood why people play ranked if they aren't trying to win.
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2013-01-14 at 03:01 PM.

Deleted
    I don't know if you read the topic, but the heart of the matter here is "how to escape ELO hell". Let's forget about whether the hell in question exists or not, OP certainly seems to want to raise their ELO, to raise his win percentage by using strong champions (once again, the topic title is CHAMPIONS that excel at escaping elo hell). Don't push your values on others while completely ignoring the core issue OP wants our help to address, OK?

Besides, if you do not play to win please stick to normals. There is nothing more annoying than 1/10/1 top spamming chat with "LOL it's only a game why care so much.".

Deleted
    I do not know, for I dont put up with Ranked in LoL, but I guess it's always the same. Pick heroes that contribute to all lanes and teamfights. Good Jungler works like a charm.

Of course the other method is picking the most OP hero in the game and let the bad design work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Again, it really all comes down to map awareness and presence.

Nothing worse than a mid player completely oblivious to what's going on top and bottom. On the other hand, there's nothing better when that mid player is able to show up bottom lane to counter-gank.

Or if you don't like leaving your lane, play Karthus (lol).