10+ Year Old Account

Problems downloading Aion

I bought the CE back at launch and played for a few months, had a lot of fun, but eventually went back to playing wow. At that time I had both games on my pc and my pc had less storage than it does now.

I tried downloading Aion again over the last couple of days and it keeps telling me that I do not have enough space on my HD (even though I have more than double the amount it states I need). I even unistalled wow to make completely sure that there was enough room and I got the same error. The total download is ~14,096mb. Now, when I go to add/remove programs to unistall Aion, it states that the file size is 14,096mb. I have no idea what else I can do but I have 18gb of free space on the drive I downloaded the game to (over 32gb without Aion on there) and it still says I do not have enough space.

Anyone have any ideas as to what might be happening?

I just checked my aion folder and it has 20gb+. You need to download 3.0 which is like an expansion which is why the game maybe is telling you that you lack space. Free more than 20k and you should be fine.
    "Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing." Muhammad Ali

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 32gb free on that drive without Aion on it (I figured that would be more than enough since I had wow, with MoP, on that drive). Would reformatting the drive before I reinstall it help?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by methus View Post
    I just checked my aion folder and it has 20gb+. You need to download 3.0 which is like an expansion which is why the game maybe is telling you that you lack space. Free more than 20k and you should be fine.
    Pretty sure your PC will give you an error message if you try to instal something even if you have 5GB spare...always make sure you have 15-20GB spare after you installed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I read on some other forum that some people were having problems with the Pandoboost (or whatever it's called) program that you need in order to run NCsoft games. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Btw, why not just download the launcher from their site? Download and voila u don't need to install anything.
    "Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing." Muhammad Ali

Deleted
    What aion does is, It installs the game and then some kind of torrent. so you practically get 2 games clients at the same time.
    Though it vanishes after the gamne is fully installed. I had this problem aswell. So if you don't have more than lets say 40 GB of space you can't really install it on that HD, Don't know if you have more. Hope this made some sense! Not sure how to explain it otherwise =/
    I wanted aion on my SSD But it only has like 60 GB of space, With windows 7 taking like 25 or something I couldn't install aion on it first.
    So i had to get rid of windows and then install it on that HD while being on my TB HD. kinda annoying but yeah

Btw, why not just download the launcher from their site? Download and voila u don't need to install anything.
    It still happens this way though, Or so it did with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did download it from the Aion site, or attempted to at least.

Waifu- thanks, that seems to make sense in my case, i'll see if I can make more room or use another drive.