Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Hey em, seriously?

I mean you don't have to like kids.

BUt the very first comment and all the people who agree with such a not thought out and to be honest a no-sense-making response: hahaha

It's a comparison that makes absolutely no sense in the slightests, diarrhea and kids..... silly people, we get it you don't like them, but at least make a decent argument.
    It was not a comparison, it was an analogy. He was just giving another example of an unpleasantry which you cannot control.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2013-01-12 at 11:15 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    I don't really hate kids, but I will never want to have a own child.
    Why not?

I could imagine myself wanting one in the future but as it stands now the thought about having to give birth just scares me. :|

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Why not?

I could imagine myself wanting one in the future but as it stands now the thought about having to give birth just scares me. :|
    Well there's always elective c-section.
    and adoption

Kids are only tolerable when they're asleep. Other than that... they're annoying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Well there's always elective c-section.
    I think I'd rather give birth naturally than that!

and adoption
    Wouldn't be the same as having a kid with your partner to me, would look nothing like either of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    I think I'd rather give birth naturally than that!
    But this way a melon doesn't go through you...

Wouldn't be the same as having a kid with your partner to me, would look nothing like either of you.
    Good point. Maybe she can be taller then!
    I rather not pass on my crazy genes...

Because they're useless, the literally only take while contributing nothing. I mean, at least puppies are cute and can't ask questions all day while still being generally useless; kids don't even offer that.

And yes, I was a kid once and I hated it. I was a miserable sullen child who made the adults around me fairly unhappy with my steadfast refusal to do anything but play video games and read all day.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    And it's not the same, the sentence you used is like comparing apples and oranges.

Diarrhea is generally unpleasant. Being a kid is not.
    Its not about being a kid that is annoying about them, its their screaming and them being constantly annoying.

And i could easily find lots on comparisons between oranges and apples, i dont know why that phrase is so popular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

Deleted
    I find adults infinitely more annoying than kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I hate kids that are little brats with no manners, which means I hate their parents just as much. Kids that are well behaved, I have no problems at all with.
    I've gotta agree with Moon here. The only kids I really dislike are the ones that misbehave, but I do find most kids annoying. :P Too many questions, and too much energy!

It all depends on the child's temperament, and cleanliness. If they are bratty, snotty, and sticky, I may be somewhat obligated to hold some disdain for the child, but not nearly as much as the parents.

You know that craziness has an environmental factor. Don't lie.

Deleted
    But this way a melon doesn't go through you...
    That's not what really worries me about child birth, complications is what worry me even if I'm aware the chances of either the mother or the baby dying during birth or due to injuries after birth is relatively low in western countries. :/

Maybe! Just not too tall!

And why not wanting to pass on genes?

and adoption
    Sure, I'll adopt you!

I dont hate kids, I think they can be a real nuisance at times and I dont want to deal with that aggravation, especially with kids that aren't my own. I actually get on pretty well with kids too. My GF has a daughter who is 11, but isnt my daughter, however if she were to live with us I'd definitely be able to treat her as my own.

If you think rationally, kids aren't really that positive thing; they cost a lot of money, are most likely the most selfish thing ever, and can turn from an adorable bundle of joy in to your worst nightmare in less than three seconds. Not to mention they're a lot of work, you can say good bye to your free time, and as a cherry on top you get to listen all the advice from the best parents ever (= people without kids) on how you should raise yours. If your child misbehaves (all kids do at times), you're the worst parent ever. If you have any negative feelings towards parenthood after staying awake for 72 straight because your lovely bundle of joy won't stop crying, you're the worst parent ever etc. That said, I love children and will have my own sometime in the future, but I can totally see why small, obnoxious and utterly selfish humans aren't all that popular with some people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edinburgh, Scotland. You know, that place with the castle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    What's really fun is when you go out to restaurants and you see 4 year olds with ipads at the table. I'll walk by and make the zombie face at them to see if they get it.
    Oh god don't get me started on that. Genuinely one of my top 5 most hated 'commonly seen' things. Cannot STAND it. Going out for a meal is supposed to be a family occasion, where you talk to your kids, (ok 4 years old is pretty difficult for this to be fair) try and involve them as part of the family. Giving them some electronic device to play on while you eat is just stupidly bad parenting and breeds anti-socialness in the children.

I recently saw a table of 10 people when I was at dinner on holiday, with 4 adults and 6 children. All 6 of the children, ranging from the ages of about 5-11, were on either Nintendo DS's, PSP's or watching a movie/TV on a iPad. Sickening.

If I ever have kids, there's no bloody way I'll be letting them do that.

Quote Originally Posted by cousinit1686 View Post
    Everyone can say how much they 'hate' kids, until the day comes and your woman gets the + on the strip, and your world gets shot into space. I have a 2 yo and I can't imagine my life without her.

My dad didn't care about me so I'm trying to be the opposite for my kid.

(good luck trying to get a 2 yo to do what you say, it usually has to involve treats)
    If that were to happen, I'd abort. I don't want and will not have a child.

They're loud, obnoxious, annoying, talk way too much and as far too many questions about everything. And before you go all "But they're just kids, they don't know any better, you can't hate them for that" -I know full well why they are like that, and yes, I can and I do hate them for it.
    I can empathise with that - my mother's quite like your father, only cares about grades. I didn't have two of them to deal with though; my father mostly ignores me. Not the son he wanted apparently.
    Same here :'(
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I see people on these forums talking about kids and babys like they are sent from Hell to make their lives miserable.

I am a teacher in training and honestly wtf is wrong with people saying such bad stuff about children. :O

You were a kid too you know.

Of course they can be annoying be they can also be endearing and nice + polite.

Often times I am stunned by what they score on certain tests which I have to check.

And I am a man by the way, so no stereotypical woman who is crazy about kids.
    Because some people don't buy into the whole breeder mentality of "Children are golden super-special and the key to everything!!!". Children are a burden, they should not be bred irresponsibly, they are not fun, they are not easy, they are hard work. People seem to forget this.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    As you've said, children are expensive and demanding, and a good parent sacrifices everything for zero physical gain. Does it really surprise anyone that some people want to pass on such an arrangement?

I'm not a bad person. I'm not harming anyone. If anything, I'd like to think I am a good person for making a decision to leave parenting up to the people who really passionately love children rather than being just another mediocre parent in world that is already full of too many of those.

People should focus their energy on the plethora of people who have children but neglect or mistreat them. They're the real problem, and they are the real selfish people in this situation.
    Hmm. I think I should have phrased it better, but I was too bored to write more at the time. My response was to the question 'Why people hate kids?'. And one of the most prevalent reasons to me seems to be the fact that a lot of modern people like to enclose themselves in their own little worlds and any 'invasion' by a third person is seen as some sort of sacrilege. This thread offers some examples, with people complaining about kids touching their stuff with dirty hands, being loud in cinemas, running around in restaurants, etc. The problem is with these situations kids just don't care most of the time because they haven't spent much, if any, time conforming to societal niceties, like being polite. So, unlike adults, they can be most annoying, which actually drives some people to hate them. And all of that is caused by them not being willing to accept nothing but what is most comfortable to them. Cinemas must be church-like silent crowd-wise, everyone in a restaurant must be on their most dinner-appropriate behaviour, childrens' hands must be squeaky clean at all times, etc. Not even showing some adult, mature understanding. Instead they act immaturily themselves in response as if they are trying to get back at them.

You don't seem to be one of those people. You think you can't do it and thus choose to stay away from parenting. But you don't hate children. You just think you can't handle them. So I was not refering to you

As for irresponsible parenting, I didn't say anything because it's not the subject of the thread. Needless to say it's a very serious problem.