Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elisif View Post
    I don't think I was ever ready to have kids but it was forced on me by cultural society and family to have them
    Wow, that's shitty...

What culture?

I don't hate children. What I DO hate, is young mommies who won't shut up about their "precious little angels". GAH! We all know you you had a kid and you love it very much, now can we please FOR THE LOVE OF GOD have another conversation topic?

As to why people have children - I think it's biological. Children are continuation of your genetic material. People with really bad genetic material are "programmed" not to want kids to avoid passing bad genes. Just my theory.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Deleted
    I wouldn't go as far as to say I hate them! But it certainly annoys me when I am on Skype to friends and all we can hear in the background is their younger siblings screaming at their game of call of duty they are playing or minecraft. Always them 2 games I noticed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since we're on the subject of kids, I want to see how you would react to this situation. It happened with with brother and his 3 year old son and I was told of it.

Your getting up early in the morning to leave to go somewhere. Your busy trying to get everything and remember all the things you need, food, changing bag, toys for the kids, phone, locking the door, everything. And yet your 3 year old son is constantly pestering you for attention even when your trying to get everything organised. The child begins to scream or thrust about for attention, even after he's been told to behave and calm down several times.

What do you do?

If my brother was answering this, he'd respond with how he grabbed his son, and spanked him for misbehaving. Turned out my brother felt guilty later on for it, since he promised he would ever be the kind of father who spanks his kids. But there you go.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Wow, that's shitty...

What culture?
    I wanted a career and make money and have a nice home, to call my own, then get married and have kids if I wanted to. They took me to get married when I was only 16 because of my "behaviour" and to save their "honour"

Pakistanis (I hate that word )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elisif View Post
    I wanted a career and make money and have a nice home, to call my own, then get married and have kids if I wanted to. They took me to get married when I was only 16 because of my "behaviour" and to save their "honour"

Pakistanis (I hate that word )
    -_-

Really?

What a cruel world....

I have not other words for it, just unforgivable.

Is your husband at least nice?

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 12:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Since we're on the subject of kids, I want to see how you would react to this situation. It happened with with brother and his 3 year old son and I was told of it.

Your getting up early in the morning to leave to go somewhere. Your busy trying to get everything and remember all the things you need, food, changing bag, toys for the kids, phone, locking the door, everything. And yet your 3 year old son is constantly pestering you for attention even when your trying to get everything organised. The child begins to scream or thrust about for attention, even after he's been told to behave and calm down several times.

What do you do?

If my brother was answering this, he'd respond with how he grabbed his son, and spanked him for misbehaving. Turned out my brother felt guilty later on for it, since he promised he would ever be the kind of father who spanks his kids. But there you go.
    Talk with him a little, hug him, smile then ensure him I will do something with him later.

When kids get comforted they just stop....

Deleted
    The problem is that there is a huge difference between being a teacher/parent to a kid, i.e. a person they fear and respect at the instinct level, and a complete stranger. The adoring and charming kid that you know as a teacher can turn out to be a completely devout of virtues and self esteem monster when interacting with a random person. That's what i dislike in kids, lack of respect overall, even if it's just a facade and untrue. Then again, how many people actually are sincerer in their feelings towards others.

Don't get me wrong, I love my niece, who's 4 y.o, but I can't imagine putting up with the shenanigans of a stranger kid. And when you add the thrill of being unpunished over the internet, you've got a recipe for disaster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    The problem is that there is a huge difference between being a teacher/parent to a kid, i.e. a person they fear and respect at the instinct level, and a complete stranger. The adoring and charming kid that you know as a teacher can turn out to be a completely devout of virtues and self esteem monster when interacting with a random person. That's what i dislike in kids, lack of respect overall, even if it's just a facade and untrue. Then again, how many people actually are sincerer in their feelings towards others.

Don't get me wrong, I love my niece, who's 4 y.o, but I can't imagine putting up with the shenanigans of a stranger kid. And when you add the thrill of being unpunished over the internet, you've got a recipe for disaster.
    I know. :P

Some kids look cute as hell but....grrr, so much disrespect.

Even yesterday I was in the hallway when some kid called me fatass for no reason at all. (yes I am overweight)

Then he ran away. I raised my voice and yelled: Come back here! *extra mad of course*

Then I went: do you think that is normal?

And he was like: No sir, sorry sir...

I looked at him and he seemed like a nice kid but....he really is a little shit inside.

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    As to why people have children - I think it's biological. Children are continuation of your genetic material. People with really bad genetic material are "programmed" not to want kids to avoid passing bad genes. Just my theory.
    This certainly could be one of them, but I imagine there are many reasons people don't have children. Some of them might be subconcious (like yours, or similar theories) and some could be completely conscious decisions that are logically weighed. As an example, I find the idea of such a huge resource expenditure at this point in my life to be a really bad idea. I generally file the concept of having kids as a "Someday... maybe..." sort of thing.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, especially if properly sharpened and in the hands of a well trained ninja.

Because they're illogical and irrational. They think stupid noises and weird facial expressions are funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I'm disappointed, I was hoping this would be a "Why do liberals hate kids?" thread :/

OT: I doubt anyone who haven't had kids would ever enjoy having one as fulltime job. I know I adore children but after 4h or something the yelling, adventures, can be a tad too much
    I have a full time job and like it. And don't want kids. I don't want to have to give up my life to raise a kid. Next.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I like kids because they are social sponges. I "accidentally" taught my god-daughter the booty drop dance. I know this is weird, but we were having a little dance party, my girlfriend and I were watching the kids to give my best friend a night out with his wife. The song "Apple Bottom Jeans" came on and I was being a bit of a goof and dropped my booty on my g/f's leg for a laugh, and my god-daughter saw it and started doing it...

OP i understand i asked the same question when i was in my teens, but from watching and learning im the eldest of four, im 21 and my youngest sibling is 13, my uncle just had 4 children, by the looks of it, kids can be fine if they have structure and parents who back each other up, but from what i see my young cousins do they pick their parents to pieces, my uncle is the alpha and his word is law, my aunt however doesnt like the fact he keeps them in line and lets them run wild.

What this does is create chaos for the parents resulting in one of them saying "you little bastards dont ever do anything to make my life easier, kids are c***s man dont have em" i should know my mother was the alpha whose word was law and my father was a wimp that did nothing but work 16 hours a day for 5-6 days and she simply couldnt tackle it on her own although we feared her she was still fair with us.

I see all the time when i take my girlfriend on a date to a park little toddlers disobeying their parents, some man said "jeremy DONT you jump in that puddle!" what did the little bastard do? he jumped in it, the father picked him up and carried him out of it, thats an absolute law breaker there he'd do nothing but read a book for a month if he disobeyed me.

I was in a shopping center and this little girl kept ignoring her mother playing with the pretty things on the shelf, her mother kept 'reasoning' with her? " x come here i will not tell you again" then counted to 3 and she still ignored her, i'd treat that situation the same as my dog, tell it once, it disobeyes grab it yourself and make it stop it.

Depending on the naughty factor it gets locked in a bathroom for a few hours.

Hating children is a load of shit minus a few extreme cases from what i can tell, you only hate them because you wouldnt know wtf to do to control them, hard but fair, teach them structure and demand respect, you can love them to death but they are not your equal, you feed them, you clothe them you keep them safe from bad things so why would it be such a drama to make them wash their dishes for example, show them by taking things away from them and letting them know whose boss.

Just like a dog... on a further note, once their in their teens i'd say when they piss me off i'll just remove their door for a fortnight

10+ Year Old Account
    I know. :P

Some kids look cute as hell but....grrr, so much disrespect.

Even yesterday I was in the hallway when some kid called me fatass for no reason at all. (yes I am overweight)

Then he ran away. I raised my voice and yelled: Come back here! *extra mad of course*

Then I went: do you think that is normal?

And he was like: No sir, sorry sir...

I looked at him and he seemed like a nice kid but....he really is a little shit inside.
    my three year old nephew called his baby brother 'douchebag' when I saw him once. I had to restrain myself to stop from bursting out with laughter, and tell him that is a naughty word and its not nice calling his brother that. Obviously my brother felt it the right moment to say douchebag in front of his son.
    #boycottchina

Kids are GREAT , when the parents invest a lot of time into teaching them how to behave . Spoiled hysterical brats I hate .

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Non sequitur argument is non sequitur. Anger toward children because coworkers can't shutup about their own children makes no sense. Just like anger/dislike/hate toward children in general because of the actions (or inaction) of their parents.

There are lots of socially unacceptable things that would get shut down on this forum before the first page was filled. So certain things are socially unacceptable, but ok on this forum, while others are not? Double standard still stands.
    That's because the working place is ruled by other standards than an internetforum, and I think you need to read the OP (he asked "why do so many ppl on (this) forum(s) hate children?", I didn't claim I hated kids because of coworkers, I said, if one hates kids, an internetforum might be the place to be to express themselves.

Because that kid at the supermarket who keeps bumping into you or moving in front of your cart is very annoying.
    Last edited by Garnier Fructis; 2013-01-11 at 11:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

I grew up in a cold world without love and protection, that's why I hate kids and christmas. On the other hand, I do have that gloomy aura that gets me chicks. Ain't life grand?

Why, Why, Why, Why, Why?

Seriously. I don't mind answering questions for a curious kid. But if the kid starts talking back about the same topic that he/she has absolutely no knowledge of I want to back hand them. Telling me I am wrong about a topic he/she knows nothing about is infuriating.

10+ Year Old Account
    People, have you ever heard of patience?

Kids require patience, often times they are misunderstood and often times there is something wrong.

Can't believe all the stories here are all real about children screaming their lungs out, at least 20% has to be made up to be able to justify hate.
    I have heard of it. I have none of it.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss