Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Why, Why, Why, Why, Why?

Seriously. I don't mind answering questions for a curious kid. But if the kid starts talking back about the same topic that he/she has absolutely no knowledge of I want to back hand them. Telling me I am wrong about a topic he/she knows nothing about is infuriating.
    adults do that too lol, probably even more

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    You were a kid too you know.
    Yeah, but then I got better.

All joking aside, kids are fine. I like them and am a guy who teaches as well. That said, there's a time and place for them. I tend to be quite vulgar when im hanging around with my friends and I like not having to censor myself because children who don't get my sense of humour would take what I say literally. So I avoid them in my spare time and generally don't want to play around them in a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    I grew up in a cold world without love and protection, that's why I hate kids and christmas. On the other hand, I do have that gloomy aura that gets me chicks. Ain't life grand?
    Are you the grinch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont "hate" kids, but depending how they are brought up, I dislike them, alot of them are litle shit, that praticly get on my nerves, do take note, I said "alot" not "all". Doubt I'll ever have kids myself, I just cant stand them. Ofc, everyone likes/dislikes different things to the next person, so for example, I dont like kids, where as my brother may like kids.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Envy of youth is an easy one. The fact every new generation gets harder to understand and relate to being another. Neither of those are going away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hate is a very strong word. I dislike them immensely for the same reason I dislike idiots; I do not have the patience necessary to deal with people who cannot be reasoned with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

they are animals till they have a "Sense of self" then they are just bastards till they outgrow it

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Lack of public berating doesn't imply social acceptability.

I've definitely seen the type of creeps that think they were within their right to tell a parent when their child is being annoying in a public space. Its usually some half-wit who approaches a mother doing the best she can to get through the grocery store in a timely manner and trying to control her kid while making sure she isn't missing half the stuff she came in to get. Might be news to you, but I'm willing to bet that parent is already well aware of how annoying their child can be and you aren't helping the situation at all by creating confrontation for them. Yeah, there are definitely inconsiderate people that breed and that's how you end up with loud kids at a rated R movie at 10:30pm, but that's an exception and not a rule.

You know when people NEVER tell a parent their child is being annoying; even if its to a degree that even the most patience-minded person is losing it? When that annoying child is with a big, scary looking father. It never happens. Makes me think the 'annoyed' crowd's belief in social justice is nothing more than cowardice in practice.
    Creeps really? fuck me. Why should my life and the life of others be severely disturbed by an out of control brat. I am sorry but if you cannot control your kid, stay the fuck out of public places with the brat. If you take your annoying loud child on public transport, to the shops you deserve all the shit you get and really need to be removed from the store or bus/train etc.. cause all you are is an inconsiderate asshole annoying everyone in you proximity. I have no time of the day for parents that cannot control their children.

Parenting is a choice and all the children shitty problems is put on the parents, if they cannot control their children they shouldn't be taking them into public places until they can.

Deleted
    I just hate them 'cause they annoy the fuck out of me. They're clingy, noisy, messy, expensive etc... When I was younger I used to love kids, they always made me laugh. I think after the arrival of my little brother and sister I just lost all positive emotions for kids in general because my siblings are little annoying twats

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of surprised I haven't been called a bad influence on children yet... lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Kids are just super self-absorbed. I live by a couple of them. They're like 5 or 6 or I don't even know. They walk up to me and out of nowhere just start talking. Most of the time it's to show me new toy or something they got. All you can really say is "wow, that's neat!" If you try to go beyond that...ask a question like "where did you get that?" or something you will be completely ignored, they will just keep talking as if you said nothing. You cannot have a real conversation with a kid. Also they're brothers and they fight constantly so I have to hear their screaming all the time.

Basically I know when I have my own kid I will love them, but other people's kids? I don't particularly care for them, but that's okay because it's not like I'm going to be a school teacher or anything. If you're going to do that you had better like whatever age group you plan on teaching.
    Last edited by Lemons; 2013-01-12 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    Creeps really? fuck me. Why should my life and the life of others be severely disturbed by an out of control brat. I am sorry but if you cannot control your kid, stay the fuck out of public places with the brat. If you take your annoying loud child on public transport, to the shops you deserve all the shit you get and really need to be removed from the store or bus/train etc.. cause all you are is an inconsiderate asshole annoying everyone in you proximity. I have no time of the day for parents that cannot control their children.

Parenting is a choice and all the children shitty problems is put on the parents, if they cannot control their children they shouldn't be taking them into public places until they can.
    Thing is, it's a PUBLIC place. Your argument is just as easily reversed to "stay home if you can't handle the public", because those awful kids fall into the public category.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    I mean, I see people on these forums talking about kids and babys like they are sent from Hell to make their lives miserable.

I am a teacher in training and honestly wtf is wrong with people saying such bad stuff about children. :O

You were a kid too you know.

Of course they can be annoying be they can also be endearing and nice + polite.

Often times I am stunned by what they score on certain tests which I have to check.

And I am a man by the way, so no stereotypical woman who is crazy about kids.
    Between the ages of 3 and 7 I love kids.

Before that they're extremely loud, demanding and smelly sacks of meat.

After that they're insufferable.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 01:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Why, Why, Why, Why, Why?

Seriously. I don't mind answering questions for a curious kid. But if the kid starts talking back about the same topic that he/she has absolutely no knowledge of I want to back hand them. Telling me I am wrong about a topic he/she knows nothing about is infuriating.
    When kids have those questions I simply answer them truthfully. Then when they inevitably get to a point where I don't know the answer, I pull up a picture of scientists and say "I don't know, but they're working to find out". That has never failed me even once with a single nephew or niece and I have 7 of them ages 2 to 19.

I just can't stand them. I see my baby cousins get treated like celebrities when the family gets together. Everyone wants to hold them, see them, talk to them in that idiotic baby talk and drool over them like they are the most important thing. Like honestly what's so great about babies?

Kids, I can't stand on the same level. I wouldn't say I hate them. Just can't stand anything. Teenagers top the lot though, nothing worse then today's generation. However not ALL are bad. Just a majority.

I will say, I'm 100% certain I will never have kids. I don't want them, nor can I.
    "There is no honor in mediocrity."

Quote Originally Posted by Vigtrious View Post
    I just can't stand them. I see my baby cousins get treated like celebrities when the family gets together. Everyone wants to hold them, see them, talk to them in that idiotic baby talk and drool over them like they are the most important thing. Like honestly what's so great about babies?

Kids, I can't stand on the same level. I wouldn't say I hate them. Just can't stand anything. Teenagers top the lot though, nothing worse then today's generation. However not ALL are bad. Just a majority.

I will say, I'm 100% certain I will never have kids. I don't want them, nor can I.
    I just treat them like normal people. Kids seem to have an ability to tell when they're being patronized and they like when someone talks to them as equals.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will like kids if they are:

- well behaved
    - listens and do as they are told
    - don't talk back
    - either don't go shopping with me, or follow me quietly
    - only ask "why" once
    - not self entitled
    - not cause any trouble at school/home
    - study well

So yeah if kids are like that, I would love them.

If not, then I want nothing to do with them.

I don't hate Kids.

I hate Undisciplined brats that weren't taught respect or Manners.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    I love kids... but i hate babies. I know, i'm bad

A friend of mine has a child... dear god that kid is so ugly but i keep telling my friend her kid's gorgeous... some people shouldn't have children for that exact reason tbh.

Hell is other people's children.

Really, it depends on the kids, and by extension, the parents. For example, one of my cousin's kids are absolute angels, while another cousin's kids are just torturous. It really isn't hard to see which tree the apple fell from. I have nothing against kids, I just don't like annoying people or idiots, which is an area that some kids happen to fall into.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Hell is other people's children.

Really, it depends on the kids, and by extension, the parents. For example, one of my cousin's kids are absolute angels, while another cousin's kids are just torturous. It really isn't hard to see which tree the apple fell from. I have nothing against kids, I just don't like annoying people or idiots, which is an area that some kids happen to fall into.
    I can relate to this. I was visiting extended family, and a few of my cousins happened to be really young kids. One of them was super nice and cool and the other one was undisciplined and annoying. Doesn't help that the kid almost fell into a canal 5 times and I was the only one who noticed in time to stop him all 5 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?