10+ Year Old Account

Did the Reapers reap other Galaxies?

I always wondered about this? I mean the Reapers are supposedly millions if not billions of years old. Plenty of time to traverse the vast distances between the galaxies, especially since they were closer together billions of year ago.

Maybe the reapers are like galactic small frys just picking on low tech creature like humans and turians, whilst they themselves are regularly picked on by some large far more advance race.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

A man smarter than myself would've read this and thusly observed "...dafuq?"

First off... the OP is presupposing there is some species that exists called "Reapers". I'm still trying to get my head around that...

yeah what is a reaper?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mass Effect villains.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Mass Effect villains.
    Then why isnt this in the video game forums?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

lmao I read this and thought. "Someone is going to think this isn't about mass effect, but real life."

It would make sense if the reapers reaped other galaxies since they are so old and things were closer then.

It's possible, especially with the information in the Leviathan DLC, but seems unlikely because they seem way too centered on our galaxy. Additionally, the ME3 ending suggests there aren't other groups of reapers out there, unless they are completely independent, but that doesn't make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, where else did they disappear to for so long?

At the end of ME2 you see them arriving at our galaxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I always wondered about this? I mean the Reapers are supposedly millions if not billions of years old. Plenty of time to traverse the vast distances between the galaxies, especially since they were closer together billions of year ago.

Maybe the reapers are like galactic small frys just picking on low tech creature like humans and turians, whilst they themselves are regularly picked on by some large far more advance race.
    If not how would EA milk a Mass Effect 4 and more...

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    A man smarter than myself would've read this and thusly observed "...dafuq?"

First off... the OP is presupposing there is some species that exists called "Reapers". I'm still trying to get my head around that...
    Ah yes, "Reapers".

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe that they're purely a milky way phenonoma as the space between galaxies is too vast. They spent the years between harvests hibernating.
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

reapers aren't really "picking" on humans, they're preserving biological life forms

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Yes, where else did they disappear to for so long?

At the end of ME2 you see them arriving at our galaxy.
    Dark space where they play FIFA matches against each other.

Reapers did not reap other galaxies. They focused solely on the milky way. Through Levithan and some of the extended cut, you get the sense that the reapers have been 'farming' the galaxy in a kind of experiment. When they were not reaping, they go to dark space and sleep.

I would not be surprised if future entries in mass effect might deal with the fact that the milky way is now technically 'unguarded' from all the other galaxies that didn't have to deal with this reapin nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please use this for all Mass Effect related discussions.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Mass-Effect-3