Thread: LFR Tier Gear

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    You can spend your elder charms to have four chances per week at the weapon.
    Elder charms ... those are those things you get from dailies .... Yeah, I had those once.

I really really love the LFR loot rules. Whining in DS LFR made me want to never run again...

But. But but but. Please stop dropping only the same piece! On two subsequent HoF runs I got 4*tier chest pieces (using coins to try to get the weapon) and the non-tier chest. There's only so far different specs/gems/reforge can go.
    Wildhammer EU
    Horde: New Shadow/Disc Priest

Ajzol-Nerub EU
    Alliance: 100 Fury/Prot Warrior | 95 Shadow/Disc Priest

Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    Elder charms ... those are those things you get from dailies .... Yeah, I had those once.
    So, when you say "there's no way to grind out a weapon now", you actually meant "there's no way since I'm not going to be bothered to actually do it". Since you could, you know, run 45 dailies a week to get those elder charms.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    You can spend your elder charms to have four chances per week at the weapon.
    It's even more chances for weapons (at least for me - raiding since launch)
    1. LFR will
    2. LFR Lei Shi
    3 and 4. Two Coins on LFR Lei Shi
    5. Normal Will
    6. Normal Lei Shi
    7. Coin on Normal Lei Shi

And...got jack shit anyway. 498 item level, 8-13 kills on each boss in each mode, and still BLUE weapon. Not even freaking 476 will bow. No mystically epic achievement yet, at 4/16 hc progression and whole normal content on farm since late November.
    Did all that wrathion quest bullshit for nothing, but 2 oranges to rot in my bank.

This is beyond ridiculously bad RNG, but what i can do about it? Waste more time in LFRs and get more gold/dupes. Every single raider in my guild has a sha touched weapon since at least 4-5 resets. Everyone but me, the last blue piece in whole guild (counting mains only) and it happens to be most important one for a character.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2013-01-18 at 06:52 PM.

So, when you say "there's no way to grind out a weapon now", you actually meant "there's no way since I'm not going to be bothered to actually do it". Since you could, you know, run 45 dailies a week to get those elder charms.
    As grindy ways to get a weapon goes, that's pretty grindy. 45 dailies, which is let's say 4 hours, plus 2 extra runs of the last wing of LFR, which will probably be another 2-3 hours. 7 hours a week, 3 of which are for nothing other than a few sacks of gold.

Never seen a single token drop from lfr either, after doing every single lfr at least 6 times. But then again, my luck is hilariously terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    As grindy ways to get a weapon goes, that's pretty grindy. 45 dailies, which is let's say 4 hours, plus 2 extra runs of the last wing of LFR, which will probably be another 2-3 hours. 7 hours a week, 3 of which are for nothing other than a few sacks of gold.
    But when have we been able to grind out weapons with VP before?

Definitely not in Cataclysm or Wrath. Unless you're talking about PVP weapons.

I have gotten 2 pieces of tier without using a charm.

lfr new loot rules are much better then in DS but rng still sucks, im 0/36 (across 3 characters, got 6 tokens on each the week 5.1 cause of reset bug) with elder charms. makes me hate the fact that i even do dailys anymore. My main has enough lessers to go another 9 weeks without dailys but my 2 alts i have to farm up the lessers every week.

and sha... my main has killed him every week since mop launched, using tokens every week on him as well until 2-3 weeks ago and i have only won the tier gloves and a pvp ring.