How are Hunters looking at the moment?

My Hunter was my main through Cata and I really loved playing Survival, I got him to 90 but didn't like the amount of short cooldowns we had in our rotation that seemed to make it overly complicated and it seemed like a lot of effort for not very good damage. I was wondering as I haven't played my Hunter properly for a while now are they any better? I guess the rotation is the same but is the DPS better? My Hunter is http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ikefang/simple does the fact my gear isn't that good explain the poor DPS i was getting? I know they didn't scale very well with gear in Cata, is that not the case now? does gear make a bigger difference to our DPS?

Thanks guys!
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Just browsing some threads today and a lot of people are saying survival is the new fotm op spec. I don't agree really. It's a decent spec and competitive but I don't see how anyone could say it was OP.... Unless they are just basing it on LFR where I do notice that a lot of hunters seem to do well on the meters.

Currently, Survival is doing well, but BM overtakes on single target fights.

Also, you have an in/hit gem in your helm if you haven't noticed.

Edit: Reason being that Survival will possibly be the top Hunter spec next tier is that BM Hunters will lose their 4 set, and the new 2 set procs more for Survival, and the 4 set is buffed by Survival mastery. Survival Hunters hardly lose anything when losing their 4 set.
    Last edited by Jeremypwnz; 2013-01-12 at 02:59 AM.

He mains a warlock, i'm sure it was just an accident :P and what paul said. survival and bm are quite close together, but bm pulls ahead in pure single target.

no the int/hit gem was meant to be there, int is really good for Hunters :-p ... i'll go and change it now lol

Well I may have to spend some time playing with my Hunter again then, I really enjoyed playing my Hunter in Cata but just didn't feel the same in MoP, he just felt weak and fragile and as you noticed my Lock took over as my main and the lock just totally outdid the Hunter, he hit harder, did more DPS and could survive longer.
    Warlock

10+ Year Old Account
    Same way we've always looked.

Aaaaawwwweeeesoooomme!
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Deleted
    Replace Thrill of the Hunt for Dire Beast (in BM) and for the love of the god don't downforge your crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Farkface View Post
    Replace Thrill of the Hunt for Dire Beast (in BM) and for the love of the god don't downforge your crit.
    The difference between these talents is one of the most minute differences for anything hunter related.

If he cares about like 50 dps, then sure, take Dire Beast, but I for one prefer the free arcane shots over having to rely on a Dire Beast not being killed by AoE, out of ranging the boss, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    The difference between these talents is one of the most minute differences for anything hunter related.

If he cares about like 50 dps, then sure, take Dire Beast, but I for one prefer the free arcane shots over having to rely on a Dire Beast not being killed by AoE, out of ranging the boss, etc.
    Really? If so do you then care to elaborate on which fights does Dire Beast actually die? Also it's not 50 DPS difference, TotH could perhaps be viable for AoE fights (aka windlord; but then again why play BM there) but for single target fights DB is is a nobrainer.
    You're called a Beast MASTER for a reason.

Being a "Beast Master" has nothing to do with it. Dire Beast is on about a 1-2k dps increase on single target. Done.

But having one less thing to look after can make all the difference in flow of playstyle, which is why I like Thrill of the Hunt. Thought I only use it for Survival. Lol, I don't play BM.

Yeah when this tier ends all the BM hunters will swap to SV as the next tier is built for SV it seems as this tier was built for BM... who knows tier 16 will prolly be the tier everyone will go marks for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farkface View Post
    Really? If so do you then care to elaborate on which fights does Dire Beast actually die?
    Heroic Vizier Zor'lok? ^^ The Db just loves to take the very first hit when the echo spawns. On every platform

I picked thrill of the hunt so i had one less button to worry about, I tried both and the difference was small so I went with the one that I enjoyed the most :-) As for crit, I wouldn't reforge out of it unless I wasn't hit/exp capped and had nothing else to reforge from
    Warlock